Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,063 members, 7,838,698 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Igbo Traditional Wedding List - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Igbo Traditional Wedding List (8067 Views)

My Registry & Traditional Wedding / Did You Drink The Wine During Traditional Wedding?! / Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by femmy2010(m): 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2011
Wow.
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by Omooba77: 10:32pm On Feb 28, 2011
I now understand why my Ibo friends are too happy when they have female children. EGO don come house!!!!! Please I'm appealing to elders to review this list and allow our sisters to go to their husband's house quickly. I believe that no father or mother in this age will want his / her daiughter to"dale mosu"!
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by femmy2010(m): 11:28pm On Feb 28, 2011
This is serious.
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by uyai(f): 12:45am On Mar 01, 2011
this is a calabar/ ibibio list. it is very real. my list had some of these elements even though i'm in the states!! it is our culture. my dad's LG usually charges on everything while the bride price itself is $10. so that if anything happens, ten dollars is the only thing refundable. smart!!!
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by jasman1: 3:21am On Mar 01, 2011
I didn't see anything in that long list, NOTHING except a long empty list. Your friend fainted because of the bag of rice, salt or the 10Naira or just the long list of nothing. you must be birds of same feather. You said your friend has been married for 3yrs, why then is he receiving the list, LIAR or maybe that's why he hat 2kids before receiving the list. Some people just live their lives not knowing how tribalistic they really are. Some of the worst tribalists in that country, whether they're your corrupt politicians at Abuja or just playing Omosexy are the ones who don't think they're tribalist. The next time you post your divisive trade, be a little more balance
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by Bawss1(m): 10:26am On Mar 01, 2011
The items in the lists suggests they want to open a liquor store. smiley
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by babyme1(f): 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2011
Like others pointed out, that list belongs to Ibibio/Efik. Im from there and i can tell you some families do write all that. It doesnt necessarily mean that the groom must give everything witten down. Some wicked families use the list to chase away prospective husbands. But it depends on the family. My family list is very moderate, a salary earner can easily afford it.

That list up there is scary shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by vivaladiva(f): 5:26am On Mar 02, 2011
some people r born slaves walahi-----so u cant say f-u-ck it papa this list is super rediculous--- if u want to become an alcoholic then u need to beable to pay for ur habit-----some times not having a father in ones life has it benefits

my absentee dad said am not coming to u or ur sisters wedding if u arent virgins----am like dad wat century r u living in---oh well dats one less invitation i wont be writting then=====hahaha

u mean there r still some ibo women roaming around aimlessly in 2011 looking for a man to bankrupt with a list similar to that----i can see y the arabs n the europeans had it so easy when it came to buying people from africa----if men or families r still looking to exchange goods for a daughter they claim to love then i wonder wat it was like back then-----it wld be like a scene from a lagos traffic jam----the white man says: i wants to buy slaves n there r a million and one people trying to shove a slave in his face-----oga see my slave better pass this guy own---see as him body strong, him teeth white

oh plsss can i not hear that---its our culture bullcrap excuse again---it makes me throw up
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by jasman1: 4:35pm On Mar 03, 2011
Vivaladiva, shu t up.If you can't say anything good about ones culture, just shu t up your mouth, you're far from being intelligent. That list's not of the Ibos in the first place and even if it is, its our culture. Stay in Europe, marry them and practice their culture if they have any. Your behavior stinks and ethnocentric and that's not civilization, neither are you civilised. Shu t up, you have a loose mouth and annoying one. you've become a hybrid, neither an African or European, what are you? Our culture is just what it is, our culture, get use to it. Some of the things you see in that list are ceremonial, don't knock it because you don't understand it or just playing stu pid or ignorant. Throw up if you want to but get this in your stu pid fish scull. ITS OUR CULTURE, YES OUR CULTURE.
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by Odunharry(m): 12:08am On Mar 07, 2011
na wah o.the gurl na miss world?
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by bashr4: 1:16am On Mar 07, 2011
this is just a long list of nothing ,besides your not expected to buy them yourself you can give the cash equivalent to someone in her family to do the buying , less than 100,000 naira can buy alll these things ,if you cant afford the amount then you can afford to take care of a woman and her children either.
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by Abekeade08(f): 11:21pm On Mar 07, 2011
Is this to open a supermarket?
DEATH grin grin grin

@OP: i now understand why some ibo men beat heir wives lipsrsealed, if i was a guy and my wife wanted to leave me after i don spend all this money ehn? hmm she go find out say power pass power
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by Abekeade08(f): 11:24pm On Mar 07, 2011
Vivaladiva, shu t up.If you can't say anything good about ones culture, just shu t up your mouth, you're far from being intelligent. That list's not of the Ibos in the first place and even if it is, its our culture. Stay in Europe, marry them and practice their culture if they have any. Your behavior stinks and ethnocentric and that's not civilization, neither are you civilised. Shu t up, you have a loose mouth and annoying one. you've become a hybrid, neither an African or European, what are you? Our culture is just what it is, our culture, get use to it. Some of the things you see in that list are ceremonial, don't knock it because you don't understand it or just playing stu pid or ignorant. Throw up if you want to but get this in your stu pid fish scull. ITS OUR CULTURE, YES OUR CULTURE.

Its your culture to financially rape your inlaws. Okay i get it. lipsrsealed
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by vivaladiva(f): 6:07am On Mar 10, 2011
when the only response to an argument is ITS OUR CULTURE i begin to understand alot about the african mentality-----na only u get culture---i beg freee me---if somin has stayed past its sell by date u chuck it in the bin i beg----okay bring the igbo list make i see
was it not the other day i heard that ibo spinsters ranging from age 5 to age 150 toook to the street to protest against these proposterous requests families make in the name of bride price-----plsssssss

smoke some weed dude----it might loosen u up a bit----i will give u a list of babaric cultures and practices some dead thankfully others alive and well that are all fighting for space under the ITS OUR CULTURE BANNER

female genital mutilation
breast ironing
tribal marks
killing of twin or burrying them alive which ever rocks ur boat
marrying off underage girls
polygammy
running around naked with a piece of cloth round ur waiste

since ur so steeped in african culture n tradition ----pls telll me u dont use the following products or engage in the following activities

using the internet
supporting foreign foot balll clubs when shoooting starts of ibadan stiii exist
infact i hope u dont play foot balll, u dont sound like a golf player so i wont ask
play nintendo wii/psp/xbox360/ps3
drink champagne
store ur foood in the fridge
go to church or mmosque
use a book
kiss
wear designer clothes
drive----i really hope u dont drive n u dont own a car because if u do ur an effing sell out
use a tooth brush
i really hope u dont have a blackberry if not tunder go surely fire ur bluccus
use the lift
go to schoool

am tired now----am sure u gat an imagination so feel free to use it, that list cld be a hell of a lot longer

u think being african is just about holding on to retrogressive practies like charging people a fortune just cos dey want to marry ur daughter.
as an african today, ur great grand grand grand father wont even think ur african
u cee my dear iggggnorrrant friend---culture is dynamic----u cant preserve culture by holding on to it---u preserve it by documenting it and alllowing it to evolve,
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by vivaladiva(f): 6:10am On Mar 10, 2011
tell jas man to go marry dat gal now him eye go see alligator pepper one time
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
Dis is nt an igbo marriage it is calabar, or efik people
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
ivyicey:
Dis is nt an igbo marriage it is calabar, or efik people

I hope not oo haaa make man no go enter one way street!!
Re: Igbo Traditional Wedding List by Ewuro4: 6:33am On Dec 31, 2014
vivaladiva:
when the only response to an argument is ITS OUR CULTURE i begin to understand alot about the african mentality-----na only u get culture---i beg freee me---if somin has stayed past its sell by date u chuck it in the bin i beg----okay bring the igbo list make i see
was it not the other day i heard that ibo spinsters ranging from age 5 to age 150 toook to the street to protest against these proposterous requests families make in the name of bride price-----plsssssss
smoke some weed dude----it might loosen u up a bit----i will give u a list of babaric cultures and practices some dead thankfully others alive and well that are all fighting for space under the ITS OUR CULTURE BANNER
female genital mutilation
breast ironing
tribal marks
killing of twin or burrying them alive which ever rocks ur boat
marrying off underage girls
polygammy
running around naked with a piece of cloth round ur waiste
since ur so steeped in african culture n tradition ----pls telll me u dont use the following products or engage in the following activities
using the internet
supporting foreign foot balll clubs when shoooting starts of ibadan stiii exist
infact i hope u dont play foot balll, u dont sound like a golf player so i wont ask
play nintendo wii/psp/xbox360/ps3
drink champagne
store ur foood in the fridge
go to church or mmosque
use a book
kiss
wear designer clothes
drive----i really hope u dont drive n u dont own a car because if u do ur an effing sell out
use a tooth brush
i really hope u dont have a blackberry if not tunder go surely fire ur bluccus
use the lift
go to schoool
am tired now----am sure u gat an imagination so feel free to use it, that list cld be a hell of a lot longer
u think being african is just about holding on to retrogressive practies like charging people a fortune just cos dey want to marry ur daughter.
as an african today, ur great grand grand grand father wont even think ur african
u cee my dear iggggnorrrant friend---culture is dynamic----u cant preserve culture by holding on to it---u preserve it by documenting it and alllowing it to evolve,
vivaladiva:
tell jas man to go marry dat gal now him eye go see alligator pepper one time

Rotfl cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

GIRL you're crazy!! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local / What Can I Use For Baby's Diaper Rash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.