Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara (1048 Views)

Photos Of Father David Tanko Killed And Burnt By Armed Bandits In Taraba / A Drunk Doctor Killed My Sister During A Fight With A Prostitute - Lady / Ritualist Caught, Beaten And Burnt In Ijebu Ode (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 15, 2020
The Zamfara state police command says it has commenced investigation into the death of Enoch Okpara, a medical doctor, who was killed and burnt by unknown assailants.

Okpara was a consultant obstetrics/gynaecologist who worked at the Federal Medical Centre, Gusau.

The doctor was found dead at his residence in Mareri area of Gusau, the state capital, on Saturday.

Shehu Mohammed, the police public relations Officer (PPRO) of the state command, confirmed the incident to News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday.

He said Usman Nagogo, the Zamfara commissioner of police, has directed an investigation into the incident in order to arrest the perpetrators.

“We received the sad report of the gruesome murder of a medical doctor, Enoch Okpara on Saturday afternoon,” he said.

“Due to the terrible nature of the killing, the Commissioner of Police, Mr Usman Nagogo, ordered for immediate commencement of investigation into the matter.

“This is with a view to fish out the culprits and bringing them to book.”

Speaking on the incident, Mannir Bature, vice-chairman of the state’s chapter of Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), described the deceased as a “quiet gentleman”.

He said the doctor was discovered missing when he did not show up in church on Saturday morning which was unusual of him.

Bature said the church had to contact some of Okpara’s colleagues who tried his mobile phone number which rang repeatedly without response, thereby raising the alarm that something had gone wrong.

He said when his colleagues checked the house where the deceased lived alone, as his family was not in Zamfara, his car was seen parked inside the compound and so, drew the attention of the police to check in.

According to Bature, the burnt body of the deceased was discovered in the courtyard while bloodstains were seen on the walls of the room.https://www.thecable.ng/doctor-killed-and-burnt-in-zamfara/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by ModestGal(f): 10:27am On Jun 15, 2020
Animals
Re: Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by ghettokid1(m): 10:34am On Jun 15, 2020
Buhari why??
Re: Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by Hezzyluv: 10:44am On Jun 15, 2020
Is northern Nigeria the real problem of this country

1 Like

Re: Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by bloomstar: 10:45am On Jun 15, 2020
G
Re: Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by Vision4God: 10:47am On Jun 15, 2020
This is pathetic.
Which way Nigeria?
Re: Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by serverconnect(m): 10:59am On Jun 15, 2020
Wasting of life is norm in Nigeria. I hope the killer are arrested.
Re: Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 15, 2020
Seen
Re: Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by thesicilian: 11:11am On Jun 15, 2020
God have mercy.
Why do we have to live with animals in this country?

1 Like

Re: Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by UKBobo(m): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
Chineke. RIP. Zamfara is more dangerous than the entrance to the Green Zone in Baghdad
Re: Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by gambia(m): 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
Crime everywhere
Re: Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by LexngtonSteele: 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
shocked

This is so sad. Poor man went to save lives in a hostile environment.

RIP Dr Okpara.
Re: Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by unscripted(m): 8:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
LexngtonSteele:
shocked

This is so sad. Poor man went to save lives in a hostile environment.

RIP Dr Okpara.
someone's husband killed him , male gyno in zamfara , him dey check the wife's yansh .. I don't know why we can't break this country ..
Re: Doctor Killed And Burnt In Zamfara by LexngtonSteele: 9:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
unscripted:
someone's husband killed him , male gyno in zamfara , him dey check the wife's yansh .. I don't know why we can't break this country ..

Wow. shocked That's damn scary.

Other Drs have warned me severally about this but this is the first actual case I have seen.

I mean of a Dr losing his life over checking a female patient in the North.

(1) (Reply)

Ex- Cultist Recounts His Dreadful Experience From Initiation Phase / Man Arrested For Having Sex With 11-Year-Old Boy Blames Herbal Mixture (Photo) / Fulani Herdsmen In Ibadan Attacks Aleeri/olorunda Community.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.