Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching (902 Views)

Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? / Masquerade Pictured Holding A Bible And Crucifix / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 11:49am On Jun 15, 2020
Some people believe that when bad people die they burn eternally in hellfire but what does the bible actually teach?
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2020
Religion thrives on fear. Without the fear of hellfire churches will empty and people will not pay tithes.
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 11:58am On Jun 15, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:
Religion thrives on fear. Without the fear of hellfire churches will empty and people will not pay tithes.
Yes but the truth can be discerned at Jeremiah 7:31
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

You are right. Why I don't like all these organized religions.

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by MightySparrow: 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
Some people believe that when bad people die they burn eternally in hellfire but what does the bible actually teach?
Are you afraid of hell fire? Why such topic?
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
MightySparrow:
Are you afraid of hell fire? Why such topic?
No I just want to reason with people what the bible actually says about hellfire
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
The truth is in a psychiatric hospital, head there asap.
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:
The truth is in a psychiatric hospital, head there asap.
Why not just comment on the scripture instead of insulting me
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
Why not just comment on the scripture instead of insulting me
How did i insult you? Read again and show me?
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:
How did i insult you? Read again and show me?
Stop digressing and comment on the scripture (that's if you even read it)
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

Stop digressing and comment on the scripture (that's if you even read it)
You're sick.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:
You're sick.
My brother life is doing you just ignore the topic if you don't have anything useful to say
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 1:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
My brother life is doing you just ignore the topic if you don't have anything useful to say
Na you dey follow me. Na so life do your papa.
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Na you dey follow me. Na so life do your papa.
Pele. it is not that deep.
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by MightySparrow: 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:

No I just want to reason with people what the bible actually says about hellfire
I have read so many people's opinion about it (JW Judaism Rabbis) but why I think it is sure to be a place of punishment is that in the entire Bible, only Jesus presents it as hellfire. Since he will be the judge I think his own presentation or opinion is superior.
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Dtruthspeaker: 7:07pm On Jun 15, 2020
Not hell fire but lake of fire!

There is Hell who is a big fearful spirit like Death.

And there is a Bigger Place called Lake of Fire which shall be the Final Destination and House and Prison of all these evil spirits including Hell!

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 7:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
MightySparrow:
I have read so many people's opinion about it (JW Judaism Rabbis) but why I think it is sure to be a place of punishment is that in the entire Bible, only Jesus presents it as hellfire. Since he will be the judge I think his own presentation or opinion is superior.
i would love it if you could show me how jesus did that
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by MightySparrow: 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
Ok i am busy now
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by JourneytoEL(f): 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
I think he means the following
matt 5:22
But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.
Mark 9:43-48
And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’
Revelation 21:8 
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
rev 20:14-15
Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by MightySparrow: 11:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
Andy15:
Like i write earlier, i have read some things about the subject and watched some you tube teachings by a rabbi on it. islam tries to give its dimensions of it. but my own opinion by just reading kjv without the hebrew and greek texts ( i am not an expert in them) deduce. 1. jesus talks about danger of hell for whom? when? matt 5:22 if hell is the final, common destination of all, what danger awaits whom not all?
2. matt 5: 30 a place of destruction of body and soul. the would 'cast' the other into should be dreaded? for what? 3. place unquechable fire matt.9: 43. common grave and fire? they don't add up. since jesus would judge all, he would know where to put whom.
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On Jun 16, 2020
Andy15:

JEREMIAH 7 vs 31 has absolutely nothing to do with the topic you have chosen to discuss here. If you read that verse within the context on which it exists, there is no way you would miss the truth.

Jeremiah 7 vs 29-33 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
29. “Jeremiah, cut off your hair and throw it away.[d] Go up to the bare hilltop and cry, because the Lord has rejected this generation of people. He has turned his back on these people. And in anger he will punish them.
30. Do this because I have seen the people of Judah doing evil things.” This message is from the Lord. “They have set up their idols, and I hate those idols. They have set up idols in the Temple that is called by my name. They have made my house ‘dirty’!
31. The people of Judah built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom where they killed their own sons and daughters and burned them as sacrifices. This is something I never commanded. Something like this never even entered my mind!
32. So I warn you. The days are coming,” says the Lord, “when people will not call this place Topheth or the Valley of Ben Hinnom anymore. No, they will call it the Valley of Slaughter. They will give it this name because they will bury the dead people in Topheth until there is no more room to bury anyone else.
33. Then the bodies of the dead people will become food for the birds of the sky. Wild animals will eat the bodies of those people. There will be no one left alive to chase the birds or animals away.

Remember that Jesus Christ warned vigorously against the teaching of doctrines and traditions of men, which is what you seem to be trying to do here... twisting what is written to pretend it says what you want. It leads nowhere near God at all, and the judgment that awaits those who twist God's words in order to lead people astray will be steep.

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 7:59am On Jun 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:

JEREMIAH 7 vs 31 has absolutely nothing to do with the topic you have chosen to discuss here. If you read that verse within the context on which it exists, there is no way you would miss the truth.

Remember that Jesus Christ warned vigorously against the teaching of doctrines and traditions of men, which is what you seem to be trying to do here... twisting what is written to pretend it says what you want. It leads nowhere near God at all, and the judgment that awaits those who twist God's words in order to lead people astray will be steep.
i would love it if you could give an explanation for the scripture(jer 7vs31)
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 8:04am On Jun 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:

and come to think of it why didn't God tell adam that he would go to hellfire if he sinned instead he said that he would die
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by freshboi88: 8:12am On Jun 16, 2020
Why did u ignore all the verse people quoted about hell fire right in the bible....the words of Jesus himself.

These Jehovah Witness pple are just a set senseless people

They will pick one verse in scripture, give it their interpretation and form a doctrine on it even when the interpretation of that verse contradicts other parts, they don't care.
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by freshboi88: 8:17am On Jun 16, 2020
Andy15:
and come to think of it why didn't God tell adam that he would go to hellfire if he sinned instead he said that he would die

Use ur God given sense nah. I believe God gave u one.

I know you hate to read scripture that contradict wiv Ur lies but I will requote it here

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 8:34am On Jun 16, 2020
freshboi88:

Use ur God given sense nah. I believe God gave u one.

I know you hate to read scripture that contradict wiv Ur lies but I will requote it here

i hope you also remember that in rev 20:10,14 the devil and the grave are hurled into the same lake of fire now use your power of reasoning if this lake of fire was literal could it burn a spirit i.e. Satan or can it burn the grave which is not even a person at all
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by freshboi88: 8:45am On Jun 16, 2020
Andy15:
i hope you also remember that in rev 20:10,14 the devil and the grave are hurled into the same lake of fire now use your power of reasoning if this lake of fire was literal could it burn a spirit i.e. Satan or can it burn the grave which is not even a person at all

The fact that that area of scripture contradicts with your beliefs doesn't make it untrue.

New International Version
Rev 10:20 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Human reason cannot comprehend the things of the spirit, which is what u r doing and asking me to do. Oga, I will take scripture above any human reason. Scripture is truth , it is Spirit.

My advice to you today is worship God in truth and in spirit cos that's what Gods demand from u. Desist from applying human reasoning that suit ur narrative to interpret the things of God.
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 8:46am On Jun 16, 2020
freshboi88:
Why did u ignore all the verse people quoted about hell fire right in the bible....the words of Jesus himself.

These Jehovah Witness pple are just a set senseless people

They will pick one verse in scripture, give it their interpretation and form a doctrine on it even when the interpretation of that verse contradicts other parts, they don't care.
thats because if you do research on the early manuscripts the word there is gehenna not hell of fire and gehenna was a refuse dump where things were burnt and no alive humans were ever thrown there and the fire was always kept burning so as to completely destroy whatever was thrown there so when jesus talked about not allowing our body to be hurled into gehenna he meant he didn't want them to be destroyed and not that he was saying that they would be tormented there forever.
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 8:48am On Jun 16, 2020
freshboi88:

The fact that that area of scripture contradicts with your beliefs doesn't make it untrue.

Rev 10:20 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Human reason cannot comprehend the things of the spirit, which is what u r doing and asking me to do. Oga, I will take scripture above any human reason. Scripture is truth , it is Spirit.

My advice to you today is worship God in truth and in spirit cos that's what Gods demand from u. Desist from applying human reasoning that suit ur narrative to interpret the things of God.
but did you even try to reason on the grave explanation
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by freshboi88: 8:50am On Jun 16, 2020
Andy15:
thats because if you do research on the early manuscripts the word there is gehenna not hell of fire and gehenna was a refuse dump where things were burnt and no alive humans were ever thrown there and the fire was always kept burning so as to completely destroy whatever was thrown there so when jesus talked about not allowing our body to be hurled into gehenna he meant he didn't want them to be destroyed and not that he was saying that they would be tormented there forever.

Thats not what the bible says.

@bolded scripture says it's a place of torment.
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by Andy15(m): 8:54am On Jun 16, 2020
freshboi88:

Thats not what the bible says.

@bolded scripture says it's a place of torment.

yes it says that but is it to be taken literally?
Re: Is Hellfire A Bible Teaching by freshboi88: 9:05am On Jun 16, 2020
Andy15:
but did you even try to reason on the grave explanation

There's no point if my reason contradict scripture.....it's clear, from the mouth of Jesus himself who is our great God and saviour

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. / One Of The Best Ways To Identify A Fake Prophet. / Can Something Be Created From Nothing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.