Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,756 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Would You Go For Certification Courses Or Master As A Developer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Would You Go For Certification Courses Or Master As A Developer (604 Views)

Are You A Developer? Earn Up To 1000 Dollars A Day With 234code.com / Hire Qualified Devs And Get A Job As A Developer Here!!!!!! / 30 Things You Should Not Say To A Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Go For Certification Courses Or Master As A Developer by samchuks2018: 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
I am a Web/Android developer and I am planning on either going for my master or going for certification courses like aws or other certification courses. A friend of mine is advising me that going for my masters is a waste of time and money I should go for certification courses. It is more proficient in IT industry than going for masters. I don't know which one to choose kindly advice me.
Re: Would You Go For Certification Courses Or Master As A Developer by Maskyy(m): 9:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
samchuks2018:
I am a Web/Android developer and I am planning on either going for my master or going for certification courses like aws or other certification courses. A friend of mine is advising me that going for my masters is a waste of time and money I should go for certification courses. It is more proficient in IT industry than going for masters. I don't know which one to chooseee kindly advice me.

I can't tell you to take advice anyhow cus there are lots of factors that will determine your action.

Truly, there are devs that don't posses a degree and do fine.

Go for both. During Masters, run an online training/ Course.

My friend learned an embedded system before masters.

I am a web deb and applying for my masters now and will continue the learning during my master.

Get your Masters now and take a space of a year to learn somewhere or self-taught after masters if you can't learn along with the school program. At leadt it won't kill you.

1 Like

Re: Would You Go For Certification Courses Or Master As A Developer by stanliwise(m): 11:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
samchuks2018:
I am a Web/Android developer and I am planning on either going for my master or going for certification courses like aws or other certification courses. A friend of mine is advising me that going for my masters is a waste of time and money I should go for certification courses. It is more proficient in IT industry than going for masters. I don't know which one to choose kindly advice me.
How far do you plan to go with IT? I advise you should go for your masters
Re: Would You Go For Certification Courses Or Master As A Developer by Doctoropera(m): 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2021
Please take this advice, you wont regret it. I am also starting my masters next month

Maskyy:

I can't tell you to take advice anyhow cus there are lots of factors that will determine your action.

Truly, there are devs that don't posses a degree and do fine.

Go for both. During Masters, run an online training/ Course.

My friend learned an embedded system before masters.

I am a web deb and applying for my masters now and will continue the learning during my master.

Get your Masters now and take a space of a year to learn somewhere or self-taught after masters if you can't learn along with the school program. At leadt it won't kill you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip / You Want Quick Python AI Technique For Robot Vision/face Recognition? / Need Good Advices, Precisely From Those With Remote Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.