Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,822 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? (572 Views)

Why Is My Html File Not Showing On Chrome / I Need Help With My .html Code. / Please Help Me! My HTML Docs Is Misbehaving. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
i have picked a thing or two from html and i also know few things from CSS. My problem now is getting the saved HTML documents in my computer to online. for example i want to try creating my own website, blog etc.

i want it to be accessible by everyone on the internet, how should i go about this?

Below is just a rough nonsense version of HTML i tried doing.

1 Like

Re: How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? by FreakDesign: 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
Get a domain name and hosting plan. Login to you cPanel and locate File manager.
Open your Public_html fold or www. folder and upload your website codes in there. Make sure your index.HTML file is in the public_HTML folder.
Re: How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
FreakDesign:
Get a domain name and hosting plan. Login to you cPanel and locate File manager.
Open your Public_html fold or www. folder and upload your website codes in there. Make sure your index.HTML file is in the public_HTML folder.
thanks for your comment. I thought when using HTML for web development, there won't be need for buying up domain names and other stuffs. cry
Re: How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? by FreakDesign: 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
thanks for your comment. I thought when using HTML for web development, there won't be need for buying up domain names and other stuffs. cry
how do you want others to see it. Others can't see it without you uploading it through a domain
Re: How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
FreakDesign:
how do you want others to see it. Others can't see it without you uploading it through a domain
then there's no really a need of learning it. embarassed

I think I'll stick to learning app development (Java and those stuffs)
Re: How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? by utepu: 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
True talk
Re: How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? by fammava: 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
You can actually check how your work appear on web browsers online, using Git page..no need of buying domain name.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2020
fammava:
You can actually check how your work appear on web browsers online, using Git page..no need of buying domain name.
can you explain better please?

I mean I want to do it so everyone can view the page
Re: How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? by ore291(m): 7:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

You can host it for free on byet.host or 00web but trust me the experience is shitty , if you actually have a working project getting a paid host is by far the better option
Re: How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? by power2000: 11:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

chat me up further. lets talk for some details - -0-8-0-5-4-8-2-6-9-8-6
Re: How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
Open an account on GitHub. Create a new repository. Upload your files. Commit to master branch. Head to settings and then scroll down you will see GitHub pages select the master branch. You will get a link to view your site.

1 Like

Re: How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? by Maskyy(m): 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Open an account on GitHub. Create a new repository. Upload your files. Commit to master branch. Head to settings and then scroll down you will see GitHub pages select the master branch. You will get a link to view your site.

This is everything correct.
If you can't grab this simple illustration.
Go on youtube and watch a video on how to create a GitHub account, upload your local files to a repository and create a GitHub page.
Re: How To Make My HTML Work Go Online? by VillagePeople11: 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
You should concentrate more on learning than putting up anything online now....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Database Management / How Do I Implement This In Python ?? / Coding With HTML And CSS Using My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.