Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

UK Guidelines For Easing COVID19 Restriction On 12th May 2020 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Guidelines For Easing COVID19 Restriction On 12th May 2020 (269 Views)

COVID-19: FG Returns Curfew, Restriction On Mass Gatherings / Buhari Administration Fifth Anniversary Factsheet (may 2020) / Guidelines For Easing Of Lockdown By Presidential Task Force (PTF) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Guidelines For Easing COVID19 Restriction On 12th May 2020 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
Somebody just sent me a summary of the guideline UK govt issued around 12th May 2020 for gradual easing of COVID 19 restrictions.
It is worth noting that UK claims to have 100,000 confirmed cases at that time whilst Nigeria had about 4,000.

Note also that there appears to be no travel restrictions.

Note: There is no curfew

Note: Wearing face masks was merely advised or suggested in confined public transport spaces.

Note: A clear date for school reopening was included.

Note: Businesses appear to have been entitled to palletives for the duration of trading restrictions.
Most importantly, note ; the same W.H.O. that are supposedly advising the UK are embedded in and leading our PTF

The UK Government timetable has published a three-step plan for lifting restrictions. If the
Government sees a rise in the infection rate, they may seek to re-impose restrictions in some form. A
link to the full document can be found here .
Timescales
Step One – Wednesday 13 May
Step Two – No earlier than Monday 1 June
Step Three – No earlier than 4 July
Step One (Comes into effect on Wednesday 13 May 2020):

1. Work
For the foreseeable future, workers should continue to work from home rather than their normal
physical workplace, wherever possible.

People who are able to work at home make it possible for people who have to attend workplaces in
person to do so while minimising the risk of overcrowding on transport and in public places.

All workers who cannot work from home should travel to work if their workplace is open. Sectors of
the economy that are allowed to be open should be open, for example this includes food production,
construction, manufacturing, logistics, distribution and scientific research in laboratories.

Workplaces that the government is requiring to remain closed include:
restaurants and cafes, other than for takeaway
pubs, cinemas, theatres and nightclubs
clothing and electronics stores; hair, beauty and nail salons; and outdoor and indoor markets (not
selling food)
libraries, community centres, and youth centres
indoor and outdoor leisure facilities such as bowling alleys, gyms, arcades and soft play facilities
some communal places within parks, such as playgrounds and outdoor gyms
places of worship (except for funerals)
hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for commercial/
leisure use, excluding use by those who live in them permanently, those who are unable to return
home and critical workers where they need to for work
Food retailers and food markets, hardware stores, garden centres (from Wednesday 13 May) and
certain other retailers can remain open. Other businesses can remain open and their employees can
travel to work, where they cannot work from home.

The Government is amending its guidance to clarify that paid childcare, can take place subject to
being able to meet the public health principles.
Workplaces should follow the new “COVID-19 Secure” guidelines, as set out in the previous chapter,
which will be published this week.

1. Face-coverings
Government is now advising that people should aim to wear a face-covering in enclosed spaces
where social distancing is not always possible and they come into contact with others that they do
not normally meet, for example on public transport or in some shops.

Homemade cloth face-coverings can help reduce the risk of transmission in some circumstances.
Face-coverings should not be used by children under the age of two, or those who may find it
difficult to manage them correctly, for example primary age children unassisted, or those with
respiratory conditions

1. International travel
All international arrivals will be required to supply their contact and accommodation information.
They will also be strongly advised to download and use the NHS contact tracing app.

All international arrivals not on a short list of exemptions to self-isolate in their accommodation for
fourteen days on arrival into the UK.

Small exemptions to these measures will be in place to provide for continued security of supply into
the UK. All journeys within the Common Travel Area (between UK ansd Ireland) will also be exempt
from these measures.

These international travel measures will not come into force on 13 May but will be introduced as
soon as possible. Further details, and guid

1. Business support
As the UK adjusts the current restrictions, the Government will also need to wind down the
economic support measures while people are eased back to work

The Government will also need to ensure the UK's supply chains are resilient, ensuring the UK has
sufficient access to the essential medicines, PPE, testing equipment, vaccines and treatments it
needs, even during times of global shortage.

Step Two (Will come into effect no earlier than Monday 1 June 2020)
A phased return for early years settings and schools. The Government expects children to be able to
return to early years settings, and for Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 to be back in school in smaller
sizes, from this point. Secondary schools and further education colleges should also prepare to
begin some face to face contact with Year 10 and 12 pupils.

Opening non-essential retail. Further guidance on the approach expected shortly on the approach
taken to phasing, including which businesses will be covered in each phase and timeframes
involved. All other sectors that are currently closed, including hospitality and personal care, are not
able to re-open at this point because of the higher risk of transmission.

Re-opening more local public transport in urban areas, subject to strict measures

Step Three (Will come into effect no earlier than 4 July 2020)
Open at least some of the remaining businesses and premises that have been required to close,
including personal care (such as hairdressers and beauty salons), hospitality (such as food service
providers, pubs and accommodation), public places (such as places of worship) and leisure facilities
(like cinemas). These businesses must meet the COVID-19 Secure guidelines.
Some venues which are, by design, crowded and where it may prove difficult to enact distancing
may still not be able to re-open safely at this point, or may be able to open safely only in part.

Nevertheless the Government will wish to open as many businesses and public places as the data
and information at the time allows.

In order to facilitate the fastest possible re-opening of these types of higher-risk businesses and
public places, the Government will carefully phase and pilot re-openings to test their ability to adopt
the new COVID-19 Secure guidelines.
Re: UK Guidelines For Easing COVID19 Restriction On 12th May 2020 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
If after reading this you still cannot sense the global W.H.O. led conspiracy against us, then you must be in serious denial.
Re: UK Guidelines For Easing COVID19 Restriction On 12th May 2020 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
If you think there is no conspiracy against Nigeria and black race , then explain how WHO can advise UK that has 100,000 cases (fake) to lift restrictions and at the same time keeping us that have only 9000 locked down.
Re: UK Guidelines For Easing COVID19 Restriction On 12th May 2020 by Lush100(m): 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2020
The loans Nigeria is being availed is to keep us perpetually in debt, bondage and controllable.
The way it is going our uneducated and unenlightened leaders would put us into trouble(perhaps they know, are part of it and think it's going to end well )
I hope our currency do not become valueless in due time and our country put up for sale like some island.
Pls help me monitor the rate once it's getting outta hand I will open a dorm account which wanted to open on January but held on because I needed to make an investment decsion.
My kids have not been school because of some fabricated virus planned by some set of people. I always pity them when I see them.
Same happened when I was rounding off my MBA cos of Ebola.
We have very selfish and inhumane set of human being governing us.
All those stories happening in Aso-rock are just media gimmick and frenzy designed to keep us entertained.
I am taking none of it.

GenBuhari:
If you think there is no conspiracy against Nigeria and black race , then explain how WHO can advise UK that has 100,000 cases (fake) to lift restrictions and at the same time keeping us that have only 9000 locked down.

1 Like

Re: UK Guidelines For Easing COVID19 Restriction On 12th May 2020 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
Lush100:
The loans Nigeria is being availed is to keep us perpetually in debt, bondage and controllable.
The way it is going our uneducated and unenlightened leaders would put us into trouble(perhaps they know, are part of it and think it's going to end well )
I hope our currency do not become valueless in due time and our country put up for sale like some island.
Pls help me monitor the rate once it's getting outta hand I will open a dorm account which wanted to open on January but held on because I needed to make an investment decsion.
My kids have not been school because of some fabricated virus planned by some set of people. I always pity them when I see them.
Same happened when I was rounding off my MBA cos of Ebola.
We have very selfish and inhumane set of human being governing us.
All those stories happening in Aso-rock are just media gimmick and frenzy designed to keep us entertained.
I am taking none of it.

The evil NWO govt for black people have planned our depopulation, they cannot care less whether or not our children are in school.
For the duration of this hoax plandemic I am advising that children should be schooled at home. Because if they reopen schools whilst still playing out this hoax, the chances are that they plan to poison them in their school, in the name of testing or vaccinations.
In some villages in my state the have started organising free out of school tutoring for groups of children of all ages.
I strongly urge everybody to return to their village to sit out this plamdemic. Which will vanish as soon as enough black people have been poisoned and the white pathetic racist globalists have stolen enough of our wealth.

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole’s Suspension As APC National Chairman / Police Arrests Nastura Sharif For Spearheading Katsina Protests Against Buhari / VIDEO: Moment Gunmen Invaded Nigerian High Commission In Ghana To Apartments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.