Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,068 members, 7,828,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History (48809 Views)

3 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Lost Important Goals When Super Eagles Needed It / Photos: Nigerian Footballers And Their Wives/girlfriends / 8 Funny Nicknames Of Famous Nigerian Footballers And Their Origins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Reva1(m): 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
mediocre:
Here come the stat mongers, he was a DM. you know, defensive midfielder? whose primary job wasn't to score goals

Don't mind them. Even the great Claude Makelele scored 2,the first of which was a bonus - a penalty(scored the rebound) in the final game of the season.
Besides Antonio Conte, Mikel featured heavily under all the numerous Chelsea managers from 2006-2015. They must have all seen something in him.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Emilokoiyawon: 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
Zenithpeak:

Remove Hamed Musa to replace him with Julius Efosa Aghahowa

I almost forgot Agha he will go on the list BUT Ahmed Musa stays - his world cup goal records are unrivaled.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by amaifehenry(m): 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
https://www.completesports.com/top-10-nigerian-footballers-in-premier-league-history/
[/quote]

OP you forgot. Daniel Amokachi (The bull). He holds the single honour of being the first player to actually score the first goal in Premier League with Everton

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by SlyCharlie(m): 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
BuhariNaWah:
Is Efan Ekoku the commentator?
Yes, the very same

He played and won AFCON with Nigeria at Tunisia '94

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by ofiko123(m): 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
Uyi168:
Over 240 appearances..
One goal..
Nawa o..

grin shit happens..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by ofiko123(m): 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nice write up..
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by phemmyfour: 8:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
BuhariNaWah:
Is Efan Ekoku the commentator?
yes. He played in Tunisia 94

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Ovie56(m): 8:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ilovebigboobs:
Yakubu's own was so painful damn!! I would score such under intense pressuregrin.
It won't be forgotten Gee
There are chances that you miss too
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Benwallt(m): 8:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
What of Emmanuel Adebayo?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Emilokoiyawon: 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
ERockson:
The most overrated of these players is JJ Okocha based on record and his football reputation

Please. Shut your dirty mouth. Okocha is not overrated. Name one player on this planet who has better footwork skills than jayjay?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by phemmyfour: 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
Benwallt:
What of Emmanuel Adebayo?
He's Togolese
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Emilokoiyawon: 8:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
legitimatefrank1:
grin grin grin very poor statistics from Mikel and all listed sef... Imagine the hyped okocha with barely 14 goals... Pity

Is Okocha a striker? Why are you complaining about 14 goals for a dribbling midfielder?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Zenithpeak(m): 8:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

I almost forgot Agha he will go on the list BUT Ahmed Musa stays - his world cup goal records are unrivaled.

Remember Garuba Lawal. The all time longest serving Nigeria player. He is the most patriotic player in Super Eagles' shirt.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by wheelzcoded(m): 8:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
Osaze really tried that season ooo..
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Emilokoiyawon: 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
Reva1:

I weak to continue after this phrase. Images of Nigeria vs South Korea 2010 world cup flashed through my mind and haunted me.

The guy you quoted is very right. Don't judge Yakubu by that one world cup miss. Go and check Yakubu's EPL record - you eye go clear.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Benwallt(m): 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
phemmyfour:
He's Togolese
ok bro.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Ovie56(m): 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
Reva1:

Don't mind them. Even the great Claude Makelele scored 2,the first of which was a bonus - a penalty(scored the rebound) in the final game of the season.
Besides Antonio Conte, Mikel featured heavily under all the numerous Chelsea managers from 2006-2015. They must have all seen something in him.
Mikel was just a filler in the team, he was benched by Makelele, Essien, Ballack, Ramires and at some point Raul meirales not sure of the spelling, he was never an important part of the squad that the team couldn't do without and he was never a good DM as he was converted from CM, he fluffed his shot too many times and he was in good positions too many times but what he knows how to do best was blaze over the bar or far too wide, you boy is overrated no lies,

the position wasn't limiting him, his ability was.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by osazsky(m): 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
Tonylyte:
Igalo Nkor?

Like for Ighalo, share for Buhari.
ighalo that came yesterday ..how can he make this list when he plays for man u with is asss
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Suli1999: 8:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
Tired of the usual ineffective tools? Armoured offers a wide selection of
Fitness Gear Equipment for every need in the fitness world to increase the efficiency of your workouts! Armoured Home page
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Emilokoiyawon: 8:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
Zenithpeak:

Remember Garuba Lawal. The all time longest serving Nigeria player. He is the most patriotic player in Super Eagles' shirt.

Check the list. Garba is there. He is arguably the most complete player to ever play for the super eagles.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by joxxy01(m): 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
What about Taribo West
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by osazsky(m): 8:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

The guy you quoted is very right. Don't judge Yakubu by that one world cup miss. Go and check Yakubu's EPL record - you eye go clear.
yeah very talented and he was a game changer. When all hope is lost he does his magic from nowhere. The guy na baller .kids wont understand this..that Nigeria miss was very bad..I felt for him that day.it can happen to anybody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Emilokoiyawon: 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
EyezofGod120:
Remove okocha jor,,he's a useless player

Okocha is not a useless player. Yes, he may have spent too much time dribbling BUT he is still considered one of the most entertaining footballer in the WORLD (not Nigeria, not Africa, THE WHOLE WORLD). Get that into your skull.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Tonylyte(m): 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
osazsky:
ighalo that came yesterday ..how can he make this list when he plays for man u with is asss

U forgot he left England for China before coming back to utd?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by ERockson: 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

Please. Shut your dirty mouth. Okocha is not overrated. Name one player on this planet who has better footwork skills than jayjay?
The language you even used in this statement proved me right. "On this planet" Mumu foo0l!
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Emilokoiyawon: 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
Judolisco:
Yakubu was a beast though

Confirm.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by chocboi78(m): 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
yaks goal return is not that bad for a striker with a normadic carrer..
papilo won major honours at two different clubs and was a key figure for his latter sucess..
jay jay was d best of the best in terms of skills and techniques but his stats are nothing to go by at all
osaze, moses, ameobi all did their very best in the top flight...
mikel obi won the highest trophies among them buh we all know he was an understudy throughout his chelsea stay, hence the 1 goal in 10 years...
above all, i rate kanu the highest.. cause he scored goals and won trophies while being a key figure

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Reva1(m): 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ovie56:
Every top footballer from Pele CR7 Messi Ronaldo Rooney Ibrahimovic etc missed open goals multiple times, all of them have their moments, so get off your high horse.
I was so weak when I remembered the miss that I fell off the horse. grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by code6445: 9:01pm On Jun 15, 2020
[color=#] 4109917[/color]
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by div111(m): 9:01pm On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=Emmanuel226 post=90707680]no mind the nigga,as if, if him go there,no b shadow wey him go dey mark undecided[/quote
Ok
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Emilokoiyawon: 9:01pm On Jun 15, 2020
ERockson:
The language you even used in this statement proved me right. "On this planet" Mumu foo0l!

Okay. Forgive my language - I apologize. Can you please name one player in the world who has better footwork skill than jayjay?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Footballers In Premier League History by Zenithpeak(m): 9:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

Check the list. Garba is there. He is arguably the most complete player to ever play for the super eagles.

I really appreciate and enjoy your list. Next time mention my name in the guard of honour because I carried Super Eagles matter for head like rice and stew those days.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mikel Obi And Ighalo Exchanging Pleasantries Before A Chinese League Game / Manchester United Reacts To Removing A Huge Mural Of Cristiano Ronaldo / AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.