Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,392 members, 7,853,748 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:12 PM

*anambra 2020: Why Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo Is The Right Person For Anambra. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *anambra 2020: Why Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo Is The Right Person For Anambra. (183 Views)

Johnbosco Onunkwo Donates Fire Extinguishers To Ochanja Market / Johnbosco Onunkwo Gifts Car And Cash Rewards To APC Members / Johnbosco Onunkwo Becomes Ohaneze Ndigbo Grand Patron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

*anambra 2020: Why Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo Is The Right Person For Anambra. by Paschal2806: 8:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
*ANAMBRA 2020: WHY ENGR JOHNBOSCO ONUNKWO IS THE RIGHT PERSON FOR ANAMBRA.*

The Nigerian public spheres are awash with visible and hidden intimations of generational leadership failings; facts and realities that bear no esoteric hue and that do not require the understanding and interpretation of experts and professionals of various callings. The failures of our time may translate into the complete failed status of the nation and state if we fail to do the needful.

The first malady describes the incompetence and indolence of a sizable proportion of the governing elite; the second, the confluence of expanding ungoverned spaces, multiplying levels of criminalities, new and old, dysfunctional and disarticulated economic sub-structures, mass poverty and youth unemployment as well as the unraveling of the nation’s fragile sectarian and ethno-cultural core, all tragically coming together in a historical time such as is heavily upon us now.

The fact remains: the State handed over to us by the founding fathers has not fared any better under this APGA and Obiano's administration; its historicist spirit is waning; the sense of stateness and State belonging are evaporating like as insolent mirage; while the vicious cycle of underdevelopment- across several frontiers- confronting us today derives essentially from bad governance and leadership deficits.

In a sense therefore, while it was right for the radical Afrocentric scholar like Walter Rodney to declare with historical fidelity and moral authority about how Europe underdeveloped Africa, for me the testament of contemporary era is nothing but how poor, unaccountable and visionless leadership of APGA and Obiano underdeveloped Anambra State in the last six years.

High Chief Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo needs no introduction in the politics of Anambra State and Nigeria as at today. He is an Engineer by profession, a Humanitarian by nature. To me, involvement of Engineers in the nation’s political space, represents the surest way of solving the nation’s challenges because engineering by practice is meant to meet societal needs.

Why do I believe that High Chief Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo is the right person for what must be one of the most taxing positions in Nigeria, to be a Governor? The Umuchu born Engineer cum Politician is bringing a unique blend of private and public sector experience, that is focused on using technology to run a better administration, and will harness the innovative and can-do spirit of Ndi Anambra. Digital Governor (as he is known) talks like a private sector executive, wanting to measure and track progress.

But his real strength, is his ability to listen and relate to people and also engage from the bottom up, to not only run a better administration but deliver on the people’s greatest needs.

Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo is one young man who believes that young people are not just the future of Nigeria. They are Nigeria today. And without them. There is no Anambra and Nigeria. And I believe that a man with such a mindset will do wonders if given the Chance to pilot the affairs of the State come 2021.
Re: *anambra 2020: Why Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo Is The Right Person For Anambra. by igboarenice: 9:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
Joe Igbokwe is the man
Anambra 2021
Re: *anambra 2020: Why Engr Johnbosco Onunkwo Is The Right Person For Anambra. by SavageMaster: 9:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
In as much as I tried to read this piece, it was very hard.
Poorly crafted, with bit of disjointed thoughts here and there.
I think you should have done more in enlightening us on who your John Bosco Onunkwo is, and why and how he is different from the average selfish, self-serving Nigerian politician.

By the way, you did well attacking Willie Obiano; however, I don't think you should have wasted that energy. Just market your man, and let Anambrarians decide.

(1) (Reply)

Start To Plan Post-COVID-19 Welfare For Nigerians, Peter Obi Tells Leaders / Lilo Obaseki Si PDP Ko Ṣe Pataki - APC / 6 Reasons Why The Time Has Come For N-power Batch C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.