Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,192 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 (22857 Views)

Osinbajo, Ganduje, Sanwo-Olu, Senator Abiru For ALGOVC's Annual Conference / Sanwo-Olu, Tinubu Mourn Senator Osinowo / Senator Adebayo Osinowo Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by opportunes: 11:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has expressed sadness over the sudden death of Senator Sikiru Adebayo Osinowo, representing Lagos East Senatorial District at the Upper Legislative Chamber of the National Assembly.

Sanwo-Olu in a condolence message, signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Gboyega Akosile described Senator Osinowo’s death as a rude shock.

The governor said his death came at a time the government was consolidating on the successes recorded in the fight against COVID-19.

The statement led credence to earlier report that the Senator might have died of COVID-19. “The death of Senator Bayo Osinowo is painful. “He died at a time when we have just begun to consolidate on our successes and see a ray of hope in our fight against the covid-19.

“We must not allow the death of Senator Osinowo to deter us from forging ahead in our quest to finding a lasting solution to the dreaded disease,” Sanwo-Olu said. The governor said his death came at a time when the State and indeed the entire nation had just started benefiting from his wealth of political and administrative experience.

The Governor said Senator Osinowo’s demise had thrown the State into mourning, urging Lagosians, whose interests the late lawmaker represented at the National Assembly to use his death as a reminder that the battle against the ravaging coronavirus pandemic is far from being won.

“I am saddened by the death of this fine gentleman; a loyal party man and committed democrat, with a deep understanding of the state’s social and political landscape.” “Senator Osinowo was an extremely loyal politician, who started his political journey with the progressives and remained in the fold until his unfortunate exit today”

“There’s no doubting the fact that he would be missed by the entire political class, particularly his immediate constituents in Kosofe, the Lagos East Senatorial District and the State as a whole.”

The Governor added that the best honour to give the deceased would be for government to speedily achieve a turn around in the State’s health sector by ensuring that no single life is lost on the account of poor health.

“We will continue to give priority attention to our health sector, improve on service delivery, training and other critical areas in the sector so as to ensure that no life is lost due to poor health facilities.”

Governor Sanwo-Olu condoled with the immediate family of the departed, national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, President of the Senate, Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan over what he described as the loss of a “dear colleague”.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/senator-osinowos-death-should-not-deter-us-in-defeating-covid-19-says-sanwo-olu.html

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Divinenwa: 11:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
R.i .p to him
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Nobody: 2:52am On Jun 16, 2020
Lost Addict

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:07am On Jun 16, 2020
Another juicy vacancy undecided

8 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 16, 2020
Ok.....I will leave it to the Lagos people to speak.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Tomtomy98: 7:07am On Jun 16, 2020
Rip to osinowo

We will forge ahead
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by BrandAlliances: 7:07am On Jun 16, 2020
I do not know who I am, where I am going - and I am the one who has to decide the answers to these hideous questions.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by WalkerMichael(m): 7:07am On Jun 16, 2020
Gone like that!
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by steveyoungwealth: 7:08am On Jun 16, 2020
We move!
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 16, 2020
At a time we are consolidating success achieved so far combating covid19...

Death is inevitable but he might have survived if he saw india or uk or even USA.

Silent revolution... RIP pepperito, he was a good man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Ugaboy: 7:09am On Jun 16, 2020
Many believes since the virus has not reach their family or friend...it is not real...we should stop doubting and BE GRAETFUL TO GOD

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by tyson99(m): 7:09am On Jun 16, 2020
He's actually from ijebu ode

Lagos No Man's Land

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by YorubaKinging: 7:10am On Jun 16, 2020
He didn't die of coronaVirus

These politicians are just being repayed for all thier human sacrifices they've offered

But the most wicked amongst them will live longer so that they can see their children die one by one while they live

E.g tinubu and obasanjo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by gbadexy(m): 7:10am On Jun 16, 2020
Corona is real!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Lanretoye(m): 7:10am On Jun 16, 2020
Someone cannot die in peace again because of covid

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by olaric(m): 7:10am On Jun 16, 2020
Yet, some people don't believe that COVID-19 is real. I pray for those who fall in the category of doubters: may you or someone close to you not be a victim of the virus. If you are looking for a physical proof so you can believe in the existence of the virus, may you or your loved ones not be that physical proof in the precious name of Jesus Christ.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Dangrace01: 7:10am On Jun 16, 2020
Ok

There shall no more loss says the Lord.

Una wey like Benz. Check profile see Mercedes Benz offer wey u no fit believe for your life

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Untainted007: 7:10am On Jun 16, 2020
We are going to die one day. And more so, why is any death this time around is always affiliated to Covid 19? People av bn dying befr the advent of covid 19 and people will still die even when Covid 19 cease to exist anymore.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by majamajic(m): 7:11am On Jun 16, 2020
Same mistake, instead of them to make use of normal government isolation centres , they will hide and go take bed for ikoyi
Meanwhile those at yaba will be discharged without issues,

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by ceeceeuwa: 7:11am On Jun 16, 2020
Rip
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by PIMPAR: 7:11am On Jun 16, 2020
It's well
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Kingpele(m): 7:12am On Jun 16, 2020
RIP,, this life is somehow, this man fought gallantly to attend this Elite status but had to surrender his seat when mr death came knocking, now someone else will take his position... My people follow peace with all men and live in love cos that is the essence of our existence here on earth...

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Bsure: 7:12am On Jun 16, 2020
COVID 19 IS REAL my people. Stay safe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by sanemind2(m): 7:12am On Jun 16, 2020
Sure
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Andrewkinggg: 7:12am On Jun 16, 2020
Sigh sad

Doctors/medical practitioners in the house, I need your advise and counsel. So last sunday I was in the same space with a recovering COVID19 patient, no physical contact with a distance of about 8 meters. Please do I risk contracting the virus? Please I need your advice.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Caseless: 7:13am On Jun 16, 2020
RIP!

I wish there can be a law preventing people from taking their children abroad or go outside to get treatment, especially politicians. Remain in your country and fix your health and educational sector, or don't come to ours. UN should come in for us on this. Corona virus and the lockdown have proven that we can achieve that. If they know we can all die from the same rot, they will seat up.
Just look at what happen in the aviation sector in the past. They fix it because it was killing them and their children, not the poor. So the fix it and we don't have regular plane crashes again.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Xisnin(m): 7:14am On Jun 16, 2020
YorubaKinging:
He didn't die of coronaVirus

These politicians are just being repayed for all thier human sacrifices they've offered

But the most wicked amongst them will live longer so that they can see their children die one by one while they live

E.g tinubu and obasanjo
Your sick rantings have started again.
Now that your Covid end time scare is no longer working, you
have changed strategy.

SMH

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by Btruth: 7:14am On Jun 16, 2020
LostAddict:
Lost Addict
how do you mean?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by datola: 7:14am On Jun 16, 2020
Condolence
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 by ophilly: 7:14am On Jun 16, 2020
Did he die of covid-19?...I thought he died of..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Journalists Barred As APC Screens Tinubu, Amaechi, Others / Wike Turned ‘As E Dey Pain Dem’ Song To Rivers Anthem On Independence Day? / Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.