Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,206 members, 7,953,765 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:48 AM

I Got Stinged By A Scorpion Anything To Be Worried About - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Got Stinged By A Scorpion Anything To Be Worried About (502 Views)

See The Big Scorpion That Died In My Bucket (photo) / Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? / I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Stinged By A Scorpion Anything To Be Worried About by Gagame(m): 3:16am On Jun 16, 2020
Good morning everyone. On my bed this morning i noticed a major bite i wokeup immediately only to find a scorpion there. I quickly crushed it. But does it have any side effect because when i was young they usually will say it kills and stuffs like that... As at now its swollen. But my wife has used water n cloth to rub of the surface now... Pls is there anything to be scared off...Thanks for your honourable concern..
Re: I Got Stinged By A Scorpion Anything To Be Worried About by tuzle(m): 3:24am On Jun 16, 2020
For what I have read online before, I don't think scorpion sting venom is strong enough to kill a grown man and with what u typed the pain isn't that much because if it was the highly venomous one that stung u the pain would have been excruciating.

1 Like

Re: I Got Stinged By A Scorpion Anything To Be Worried About by oz4real83(m): 3:43am On Jun 16, 2020
Seek help from qualified medical personnel. Just like snakes, some species of scorpions have venom strong enough to kill a man while some don't. The earlier u seek help from qualified people, the better.

3 Likes

Re: I Got Stinged By A Scorpion Anything To Be Worried About by VickyRotex(f): 3:45am On Jun 16, 2020
Sorry about that op. embarassed I don't think you should worry about it. Often times complications like heart or respiratory issues will arise few hours after the sting. But that risk factor is dependent on the age group. (Young and Seniors)
Also from what you've said looks like the bite has been for a while now.
If you're worried about it or experience severe symptoms then I recommend that you see a health care provider.

About a decade ago, I was stung by a baby scorpion. The sting was initially very itchy, tingling and swelling. I applied aboniki and went to bed. But that night was scary. angry

You may want to read this article for more information.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/scorpion-stings/symptoms-causes/syc-20353859

2 Likes

Re: I Got Stinged By A Scorpion Anything To Be Worried About by seunlayi(m): 4:02am On Jun 16, 2020
Search online for tips with the above advice
Re: I Got Stinged By A Scorpion Anything To Be Worried About by Danisaint112(m): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2020
RUN TO THE HOSPITAL NOW

2 Likes

Re: I Got Stinged By A Scorpion Anything To Be Worried About by illicit(m): 8:38am On Jun 16, 2020
it might not be lethal because if it is, you will know by now.
You should get to a pharmacy or hospital for the antidote

(1) (Reply)

Low Sperm Count Signs / Staphylococcus Aureus: Are We Really Diagnosing The Correct Bacteria In Nigeria? / How Effective Is The Certo Drug Test Method?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.