Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Translation: Igbo To English - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Translation: Igbo To English (2815 Views)

The Contributions Of The Igbo To The Growth And Development Of Nigeria / Translate This To English.."e Don Tey Wey Day Break" / Grammarians Come In! Please Translate This To English!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Translation: Igbo To English by drrionelli(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2007
My friends, I need your assistance.  I have encountered the phrase:

"okenye aruru'ala"

I am told that this is Igbo, which, I'm sorry to say, I neither speak nor read.  

What does this phrase mean?

Thank you for your help!  It is much appreciated!
Re: Translation: Igbo To English by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 12, 2007
okenye aruru ala means i think a cunning person or crafty perosn
Re: Translation: Igbo To English by drrionelli(m): 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2007
First of all, thank you for your translation! Very much appreciated!

May I ask if this is a negative usage? If somebody refers to one as such, is it considered an insult?
Re: Translation: Igbo To English by BlackMamba(m): 3:21am On Jun 13, 2007
It depends on the context it's used. It could mean bad as in naughty. Or just a bad person.
Re: Translation: Igbo To English by drrionelli(m): 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2007
Thank you so much! This helps me greatly! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Admission! Admission!! Admission!!! 2012/2013 / Unilag 2015/2016 Pg/master Degree.prospective Applicants / Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.