Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,278 members, 7,860,644 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:39 PM

Disqualification Of Obaseki, Impunity Taken Too Far- Wike (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disqualification Of Obaseki, Impunity Taken Too Far- Wike (video) (323 Views)

I Will Consult My Wife, Others If Tinubu Offers Me Appointment – Wike (Video) / I’m Not Born Again, I Don’t Turn My Cheek For Another Slap – Wike (Video) / APC Appeal Committee Upholds Disqualification Of Obaseki, 2 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disqualification Of Obaseki, Impunity Taken Too Far- Wike (video) by naijatvnet(m): 8:45am On Jun 16, 2020
Rivers State Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has condemned strongly the disqualification of his Edo State counterpart Governor Godwin Obaseki by his party’s screening committee from contesting the party’s primaries in Edo state.

You will recall that the All Progressive Congress screening committee had on friday disqaulified Governor Obaseki from contesting the Governorship primaries on the grounds of discrepancies it noted in his certificate.

In a press statement issued on Monday by Paulinus Nsirim Rivers State Comissioner for Information, Governor Nyesom WIke accused the National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress Comrade Adams Oshomole of plans and implementaion of perpetuating Impunity in Edo State like they did in Rivers state in 2019.

Governor Wike wonderd why a party would want to disqualify a seating Governor from contesting election while the same party campaigned for him four years ago.

He said: “Adams Oshiomole campaigned for Governor Obaseki four years ago. The same man has turned around to say that Obaseki has a defective certificate.

“Has Oshiomole apologized to Nigerians that he supported someone with a defective certificate? Who is saying that a sitting governor has a defective certificate? Is it a man that does not have a certificate?

” Oshiomole should be told to practice what he preaches.

“APC wants to perpetrate impunity in Edo State the way they unleashed terror in Rivers State in 2019.

“They think because they have the Army, Police and INEC they can do anything and get away with it.

“They tried it in Rivers State but God gave us the will to say no. I hope Edo people will also say no to their impunity,” he stated.

Governor Nyesom Wike further berated the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF) for docility and her inability to speak up in solidarity for a member of its forum in the face of injustice and impunity.

He said the forum under the current APC leadership has become a toothless bulldog because it has lost focus in its role of defending the rule of law in the country.

Governor WIke noted that the forum used to be a strong voice on National issues but that since the All Progressive Congress took over leadership of the forum in 2015, the Governors have turned to beggars.

He sited example of a rerun election in Rivers state when his aides were withdrawn from him thereby exposing him to danger, yet the forum didnt say anything.

” I told them then that what they were doing was wrong. Now they have become a Beggars Forum even when there are constitutional infractions.

“You can see that APC Governors say that they are progressive. You can see how progressive they are when they keep quiet when a fellow sitting governor is disqualified from contesting elections”. He said.

Speaking about the speculated defection of Governor Obaseki to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Governor Wike said He would be happy to receive him into the party, but that he wont encourage automatic ticket, as it is only Edo people that will decide his candidature.

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State was on Sunday recieved in Government House Port Harcourt by his Rivers state counterpart Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike as part of His consultative visit to the South-South PDP Governors.

�Source: https://naijatv.net/disqualification-of-obaseki-impunity-taken-too-far-wike/

�Watch video & subscribe to Naijatvnet channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU3T5zkBBzo

� Follow us on Social Media at: �https://instagram.com/naijatvnet
https://facebook.com/naijatvnet
https://twitter.com/naijatvnet

Re: Disqualification Of Obaseki, Impunity Taken Too Far- Wike (video) by Obidon1(m): 8:46am On Jun 16, 2020
That is the truth
Re: Disqualification Of Obaseki, Impunity Taken Too Far- Wike (video) by ShopifyWordPres: 8:48am On Jun 16, 2020
I agree. Meanwhile check my signature
Re: Disqualification Of Obaseki, Impunity Taken Too Far- Wike (video) by naijatvnet(m): 8:53am On Jun 16, 2020
naijatvnet:
Rivers State Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has condemned strongly the disqualification of his Edo State counterpart Governor Godwin Obaseki by his party’s screening committee from contesting the party’s primaries in Edo state.

You will recall that the All Progressive Congress screening committee had on friday disqaulified Governor Obaseki from contesting the Governorship primaries on the grounds of discrepancies it noted in his certificate.

In a press statement issued on Monday by Paulinus Nsirim Rivers State Comissioner for Information, Governor Nyesom WIke accused the National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress Comrade Adams Oshomole of plans and implementaion of perpetuating Impunity in Edo State like they did in Rivers state in 2019.

Governor Wike wonderd why a party would want to disqualify a seating Governor from contesting election while the same party campaigned for him four years ago.

He said: “Adams Oshiomole campaigned for Governor Obaseki four years ago. The same man has turned around to say that Obaseki has a defective certificate.

“Has Oshiomole apologized to Nigerians that he supported someone with a defective certificate? Who is saying that a sitting governor has a defective certificate? Is it a man that does not have a certificate?

” Oshiomole should be told to practice what he preaches.

“APC wants to perpetrate impunity in Edo State the way they unleashed terror in Rivers State in 2019.

“They think because they have the Army, Police and INEC they can do anything and get away with it.

“They tried it in Rivers State but God gave us the will to say no. I hope Edo people will also say no to their impunity,” he stated.

Governor Nyesom Wike further berated the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF) for docility and her inability to speak up in solidarity for a member of its forum in the face of injustice and impunity.

He said the forum under the current APC leadership has become a toothless bulldog because it has lost focus in its role of defending the rule of law in the country.

Governor WIke noted that the forum used to be a strong voice on National issues but that since the All Progressive Congress took over leadership of the forum in 2015, the Governors have turned to beggars.

He sited example of a rerun election in Rivers state when his aides were withdrawn from him thereby exposing him to danger, yet the forum didnt say anything.

” I told them then that what they were doing was wrong. Now they have become a Beggars Forum even when there are constitutional infractions.

“You can see that APC Governors say that they are progressive. You can see how progressive they are when they keep quiet when a fellow sitting governor is disqualified from contesting elections”. He said.

Speaking about the speculated defection of Governor Obaseki to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Governor Wike said He would be happy to receive him into the party, but that he wont encourage automatic ticket, as it is only Edo people that will decide his candidature.

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State was on Sunday recieved in Government House Port Harcourt by his Rivers state counterpart Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike as part of His consultative visit to the South-South PDP Governors.

�Source: https://naijatv.net/disqualification-of-obaseki-impunity-taken-too-far-wike/

To watch video click on the source link: https://naijatv.net/disqualification-of-obaseki-impunity-taken-too-far-wike/
Re: Disqualification Of Obaseki, Impunity Taken Too Far- Wike (video) by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 16, 2020
Wetin this one sabi.
Na to just dey talk anyhow.
Nonsense Obio-Akpor local government chairman.
Mtchewww.
Re: Disqualification Of Obaseki, Impunity Taken Too Far- Wike (video) by naijatvnet(m): 9:28am On Jun 16, 2020
Alero3Arubi:
Wetin this one sabi.
Na to just dey talk anyhow.
Nonsense Obio-Akpor local government chairman.
Mtchewww.

How do you mean??
Re: Disqualification Of Obaseki, Impunity Taken Too Far- Wike (video) by abobote: 9:46am On Jun 16, 2020
Wike has become an activist, forgetting that impunity is the order of in Nigeria politics. This is not the first time and it won't be the last
Re: Disqualification Of Obaseki, Impunity Taken Too Far- Wike (video) by anibi9674: 9:49am On Jun 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Disqualification Of Obaseki, Impunity Taken Too Far- Wike (video) by naijatvnet(m): 10:49am On Jun 16, 2020
abobote:
Wike has become an activist, forgetting that impunity is the order of in Nigeria politics. This is not the first time and it won't be the last

But somebody must speak up since the Governors' Forum has recently become dumb!

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Sanwo-olu Suspends Reopening Of Churches , Mosques / Edo 2020: I Prophesied Oshiomhole, Obaseki’s Travail – Primate Ayodele / N1.2bn Job Racketeering Rocks FIRS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.