Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches (41659 Views)

Rivers Relaxes Curfew In Oyigbo, Now 7PM To 6AM / Lagos Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Churches, Mosques & Event Centres / COVID-19: Niger State Relaxes Curfew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by DEROX: 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Yes
my dad is from there too
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by oluwamile(m): 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2020
CrestMan:

You're either jobless or a dependant. You prefer to stay indoors because you don't have much at stake. You are using being safe as a shield to cover your laziness.
You go to banks, markets etc but worry about reopening other sectors. Keep waiting for vaccine!
it's either u re a fool or ur an illiterate,where did I mention banks?
And besides I said it is risky for the children to go back to school,I didn't say it is risky for the parents to go back to work
Read before u type and don't come and vent ur frustration on me,am not responsible for ur misfortune
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by oyeb15: 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
Those feeding fat on covid-19 will not like this news.esp government workers.
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by murmee: 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
oluwamile:
I like governor makindes style of leadership,but lifting the lockdown now isn't reasonable, recently Ajimobi has been infected
This pandemic will be hard to control if children and infected
Vaccine is the solution to this pandemic
Do you know Ex-governor Ajimobi's age? Do you know that he has underlying ailments which could have knocked him down with or without Coronavirus? Must every illness in Nigeria be associated with Coronavirus? Should Nigeria remain Economically, Educationally, Socially and religiously locked down because of a Virus that is not even as deadly as Malaria, Ebola, typhoid etc? We need to be less paranoid about this Covid-19 that NCDC has blown out of proportion!

1 Like

Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by murmee: 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
quentin06:
We had a life before covid, life must continue after it.

We reject the enemies of progress, who have decided to enslave humanity with fear and division.
Hope other governors follow suit, its time to take our destiny in our hands.
Good Post!

1 Like

Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by oluwamile(m): 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
murmee:
Do you know Ex-governor Ajimobi's age? Do you know that he has underlying ailments which could have knocked him down with or without Coronavirus? Must every illness in Nigeria be associated with Coronavirus? Should Nigeria remain Economically, Educationally, Socially and religiously locked down because of a Virus that is not even as deadly as Malaria, Ebola, typhoid etc? We need to be less paranoid about this Covid-19 that NCDC has blown out of proportion!
this is a global pandemic,it is nt Nigeria problem alone, people should go to work,but children should not be allowed to go to school now cause it is risky,I am a pharmacist,a friend who is a Dr contracted the virus at luth and he has kids,the man had to be isolated for 21days and the children taken somewhere else for isolation,just imagine the children were to go to sch after contact

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by murmee: 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
SirWarlock:
unless the schools are totally controlled by the states cos I don't understand again . Did ncdc give them the go ahead? What is makinde doing to stem the transmission in the state for this reopening sad
What NCDC? What transmission? Abeg comot for road jare!
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by murmee: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2020
oyeb15:
Those feeding fat on covid-19 will not like this news.esp government workers.
That's right. They know that other States will follow the sensible decision!

1 Like

Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by SirWarlock: 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
murmee:
What NCDC? What transmission? Abeg comot for road jare!
I didn't ask if you know anyone yet undecided
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by TheBlessedHero: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
oluwamile:
this is a global pandemic,it is nt Nigeria problem alone, people should go to work,but children should not be allowed to go to school now cause it is risky,I am a pharmacist,a friend who is a Dr contracted the virus at luth and he has kids,the man had to be isolated for 21days and the children taken somewhere else for isolation,just imagine the children were to go to sch after contact

So? did your friend die? if no, then what are you now saying?

see, Coronavirus has come to stay, and it can't kill everyone, or get contracted by everybody, otherwise, the whole world must have contracted it by now, or get dead.

or you want to to tell me it social distancing that is curbing the spread of the virus? or the lockdown?

No, it is not.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by AuroraB(f): 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
emperor863:

Those jubilating are not indegenes/ residents of Oyo state. Rather, they are from the sad part of the country.

A cursory look at the covid 19 infection figures of Oyo state will clearly show the lack of wisdom on the part of Oyo state government in the partial reopening of schools.
I don't understand the rush. Is it to be ahead of other states or something? And if so, to what end?
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by BlowYourMind: 3:21pm On Jun 16, 2020
DEROX:
my dad is from there too
Hahahahahahahaha, your daddy? what about you m, hope you are not trying to claim my Lagos grin grin
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by CrestMan: 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2020
oluwamile:
it's either u re a fool or ur an illiterate,where did I mention banks?
And besides I said it is risky for the children to go back to school,I didn't say it is risky for the parents to go back to work
Read before u type and don't come and vent ur frustration on me,am not responsible for ur misfortune

Thanks for indirectly clarifying the need for people to go to work. This also suggest that you're neither a lazy man nor a dependant. And please kindly note that children have 0.01% chance of getting infected with the virus. So no need to keep children off school.

As for the frustration (I laugh), you may be chatting with a man who can help you if you are humble tongue
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by profbrightuzoma: 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2020
Pls do know if cross river has reopened secondary school
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by VIPERVENOM(m): 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2020
Enugupikin:

So what's the figure.. u can't just say it's false...last I checked is not exactly what he quoted but within range..cheers

Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by oluwamile(m): 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2020
CrestMan:

Thanks for indirectly clarifying the need for people to go to work. This also suggest that you're neither a lazy man nor a dependant. And please kindly note that children have 0.01% chance of getting infected with the virus. So no need to keep children off school.

As for the frustration (I laugh), you may be chatting with a man who can help you if you are humble tongue
lol,ur funny
Am a pharmacist,I know what I meant by telling children to stay off, saying children have 0.01% of being infected in a pandemic is untrue,check rates of children affected by measles, chicken pox,small pox,influenza,na children dey suffer am
I also don't need anyone to help me whether am humble or not,my profession is ok for me
Thanks
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by oluwamile(m): 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

So? did your friend die? if no, then what are you now saying?

see, Coronavirus has come to stay, and it can't kill everyone, or get contracted by everybody, otherwise, the whole world must have contracted it by now, or get dead.

or you want to to tell me it social distancing that is curbing the spread of the virus? or the lockdown?

No, it is not.
because he did not die doesn't mean people don't die
I pray u DNT loose a loved one,people that have lost knows where it hits dem
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by CrestMan: 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
oluwamile:
lol,ur funny
Am a pharmacist,I know what I meant by telling children to stay off, saying children have 0.01% of being infected in a pandemic is untrue,check rates of children affected by measles, chicken pox,small pox,influenza,na children dey suffer am
I also don't need anyone to help me whether am humble or not,my profession is ok for me
Thanks

Great to know you are doing well. Keep it up! As for the risk in children, no need to continue arguing with you. But know one thing, the exaggeration about covid19 is just too much. Time shall tell cool
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by delvzy(m): 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
I do feel if all hands are on deck in Oyo state, there would be a whole lot of ease in this current pandemic.
Churches and Mosques need to be held responsible if they fail to comply to this new rules as we gradually get back to normalization
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by klismann12: 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
oluwamile:
I like governor makindes style of leadership,but lifting the lockdown now isn't reasonable, recently Ajimobi has been infected
This pandemic will be hard to control if children and infected
Vaccine is the solution to this pandemic
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by klismann12: 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
[quote author=klismann12 post=90735152][/q]
Shut the Bleep up
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by Zendinho(m): 4:15pm On Jun 16, 2020
How exactly has he saved the lives of the teachers? One thing, not all teachers are going back to work...just a few. Another thing, most of the darn private might not even be able to pay the few anything till parents pay outstanding fees and all...and how soon do you think some parents 'll make the payment jugding from all that has been happening. So in summary...its going to be a great discomfort for some of the private school teacher...in terms of transport and some other things, except from few schools with good kind-hearted managments. I have friend whose last full payment was in feb. March, he got just 5k frm a salary of btw 35-40k...n nothing since then. Nw imagine sm1 like that

I don't know the problem with us human beings.

The government has decided to relax educational lockdown which is clearly going to be in PHASES. Is this not what have been the cry of the teaching officials? So what exactly is the problem? Which is better.....to reopen in PHASES gradually or to be less concerned and allow the status quo?

1 Like

Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
APC right now let's steal this man mandatory and use here in Lagos too
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by Progressive15: 4:23pm On Jun 16, 2020
He has the right to decide for his next course of action when he deems fit. So be it.
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by TheBlessedHero: 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
oluwamile:
because he did not die doesn't mean people don't die
I pray u DNT loose a loved one,people that have lost knows where it hits dem

people lose loved ones for different death reasons. Covid is not the only death out there, and if is as deadly as people feared, your friend must have been dead by now.

people have been dying from something small like ordinary drinking of water, or few hours headache, or just falling in a not so deep gutter, without heavy cut on their body.
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by oyatainer(m): 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
jidamsel43:
good development

Malaria kills more than 20000 Nigerians every month . Covid-19 killed 400 Nigerians in three months.

Government order lockdown because of Covid-19 to the extend that Nigerians lost many souls because of lockdown.

Nigerian government has not direct policy to eradicate Malaria in the country despite the highest fatality rate .

The cause of Malaria is MOSQUITOES which can be eradicated with provision of clean and serene environment coupled with constant fumigation of environment.

Government has abandoned the fight against
Malaria because it is not sensational while the battle against convid-19 continue everyday with billions of naira down the drain .

Covid-19 fatalities are recorded among the elite while malaria kills in poverty ridden environment.

Covid-19 is not a threat in Nigeria .

Our government is our biggest threat .

Let's tó be reason able sometimes. The Heat of this pandemic is global and it affectecd almost all the countries. If Nigeria Govt is clueless, it means US, UK, Germany, Russia too are clueless.

You should think about something. If you happen to be in the President, what will you do. You either Open up evwrything and receive criticism or maintain the statue quo and still receive criticism.
Is not the same country where some parents took tó the street and protest planned School resumption?
I am one of the most affectecd cirizens because all livelihood lie ín School. Yet one needs tó be considerate while castigating the leaders because they are not different individuals ín the society.

Average Nigeria intends to loot if given power. Our society is corrupt, hence corrupt leaders.
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by Enugupikin: 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2020
[quote author=VIPERVENOM post=90734299][/quote]
Nice one bro..still significant though
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by Abiodunspectre(m): 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
Gradually things are going back to normal in Oyo State.

Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by akingbatope: 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
Presley87:
I know some Governors that will start copying this pattern now
good one there
Re: Oyo Relaxes Curfew, Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Offices, Churches by Funkybabee(f): 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
I think I need to move to Oyo to get a better job but this final paper holding me down dey make me craze o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ / Abdulaziz Dauda Sentenced To Death By Hanging / We Have Not Stopped Nigerians From Using Twitter - FG Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.