Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

How To Become Rich: Tales Told By Rich Kids. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Become Rich: Tales Told By Rich Kids. (386 Views)

I Am Been Cheated An Threaten To Be Dealt With By Rich Man / Top Business Done By Rich People In Nigeria. / How Can A Person Living In Nigeria Become Rich? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become Rich: Tales Told By Rich Kids. by angelEmade: 10:15am On Jun 16, 2020
THIS IS NOT AN ASPIRE TO PERSPIRE THREAD.
Except for the one time I attended a girls only federal college, I have attended elite schools all my life. Lived with rich kids that never seem to stop talking about their wealthy parents even though some of these kids hardly meet their parents more than twice in a year. Vicinity where you keep hearing stuffs like; "How do you see my bag? My dad got it from Bombay on his adventures to Rome" or "If you love sight seeing go renew your passport and come with my family for this weekend's trip to Seychelles...we are surfing on a boat!" Lol
Most people think life is unfair, to be candid, life is just right, it gave us exactly all that we need to be what we should be. Born with a silver spoon doesn't mean you will grow up to be automatically rich, There was a time my dad rode is moped bike across five states in this country non-stop in a day! But in the 60's he got the chance to study abroad and lived there for years, yet he came back here to become a peasant and a farmer! How come? I don't know. But my dad always say opportunities come only once but there is always a second chance for every loser to redeem himself.
My dad redeemed himself.
So most often I ask these kids where their parents got such huge wealth from? And the answer is usually not always what you would think. Like millionaires own oil blocks? They build cement factories or manufacturing companies? Well not always. Sometimes it all starts by having a smart head exactly like yours! How do I know? Because you kept on reading up to here. ahaa!
Take my dad for example, in his meditation on how to stage a comeback, he listed his strengths, resources he already has on ground that 'no one else have'. It was a large swampy land. He then went into fish farming. It couldn't be so hard for someone already in the agricultural business right? Well the first few years were hard but consistency and continuous learning is key.
Take her dad for an example. Tara told me her dad was jailed for five years in the Bahamas for something she said she was so shamed of. (She never told me) When he was finally deported he went to ports searching for weeks -Foreigners that buy corn. He met one man who told him even if he came with a hundred containers of corns, he would buy it all! And that was what he did! He was able to convince a whole farmers association to plant corn and he would buy it. He did! Funniest thing, it was the foreigners that harvested and handled the logistics...Today her dad only exports two things. Snails and Moringa.
Then sometimes being great is all about determination and willingness. Every thing with a good end appears hard at first, terribly hard. You must have a strong discernment for a perfect life of luxury to scale through these hurdles. Never bulge, keep propping and when the downs hit you hard...tell yourself one thing. "I am a star!"
Take her mum for an example; Rukky's mum runs a modelling agency. What they do? well they do professional modelling and photo shoots for brands that sells wearable and cosmetics. Then they try to lobby those photos for them on international fashion stages and media outlets. At first it sounded like a terrible idea. Her models were complaining of terrible pay and her husband insisted she must stop the business because it doesn't befit a good muslim woman. To him the models were her prostitutes. Things were rough for years and almost tore her marriage apart. But she never gave up. On her lucky day she was invited to a luxury fashion stand in lagos (she lobbied hard for it) she took the opportunity and discussed her failing business with international brands in the modelling industry. Guess how they helped her? They donated about 11 million naira to her. Yes Rukky said that...and I am talking of the year 2012. 11m in 2012!
One thing is also important. Put a touch of perfection in all you do, think of making something simple look so extra ordinary and use a ground breaking marketing plan!
Take even our final year teacher in high school for instance. His dad was a shoemaker and a suite designer. HE DID IT FOR YEARS AND HE WAS LOOKED DOWN UPON. Well out teacher took the same business and mastered it, guess what, he kept designing just one single type of suite and a single type of ladies shoes. I wish i can show you a picture (I will if i find one!) The suite and the shoes are designed to have a very specific type of 'cross chain' and a peculiar brand. I remember he started out by giving it out to the students in schools...for free. (Now this is a smart tatic because whatever a rich man wears is considered to be an highbrand) so just imagine what happened when these kids, their friends and their parents started asking our teacher to make them more paying as high as twelve hundred dollars for a pair of shoes! Like he didnt charge them...they offered to pay him that much.
Finally I would love to mention a dear friend that once invited me to give software development lessons to his co-founders. (Hurray! Imade is a game maker!). This guy actually built a software for school...one of the popular kind of school management software. He was just 22 when he started. Funds came from his parent though...and he had lots of it...like he even bought a 2012 lexus E350 so whenever he is in a school, they automatically respect the money in him. Well during the software development training, his team kept telling me to remember that their product and services are free and that's what they aim to work on. I told them that's easy since they already have all the money in the world they can afford to give free services. My friend smiled. He said it's all about fooling them to buy your idea...so much that you become like a god. When that supremacy idea is established, you then milk them dry!
There is an ATM machine in your head. Yes someone actually said that! To be rich or poor will be your making not your parent's. Start thinking hard...If only you can look hard enough, you are already a rich man.
Avery rich man.

4 Likes

Re: How To Become Rich: Tales Told By Rich Kids. by Wealthyonos(m): 10:49am On Jun 16, 2020
Kai, this is so inspiring.
Re: How To Become Rich: Tales Told By Rich Kids. by HORLADSTAR(m): 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2020
Kudos to you Imade
Re: How To Become Rich: Tales Told By Rich Kids. by EngrIKEM: 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
Lovely

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How I Made Over Six Million Naira From Ebook Sales / US Dollars & Canadian Dollars Available For Payment / Make Money By Earning Cryptocurrency, (litcoin) FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.