Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,502 members, 7,850,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:18 AM

Mark Ruffalo Reportedly Did 500 Pushups Every Day To Lose Weight For A Movie - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mark Ruffalo Reportedly Did 500 Pushups Every Day To Lose Weight For A Movie (317 Views)

Wizkid: “I Paid N140,000 Per Day To Get Nigerian Food In The US" / I Lost Weight For My Boyfriend - Uche Ogbodo / Paschaline Alex Okoli: I Can Go Nude For A Movie Depending On The Amount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mark Ruffalo Reportedly Did 500 Pushups Every Day To Lose Weight For A Movie by inforsu: 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
Mark Ruffalo has received critical acclaim for his dual performance as twin brothers Thomas and Dominick in the harrowing HBO miniseries I Know This Much Is True . In addition to the usual green-screen acting challenges that come with playing multiple roles, Ruffalo created a clear physical distinction between his two characters; neurotypical Dominick is visibly thinner than his brother Thomas, who is schizophrenic.
Mark Ruffalo Did 500 Pushups a Day to Lose 20 Lbs
Ruffalo has previously explained how he and director Derek Cianfrance agreed that he would shoot all of his scenes as Dominick first, and then put on 30 pounds to play Thomas, to illustrate the weight gain that many people experience when on anti-psychotic medication.

In a recent interview with The Wrap , Cianfrance said that Ruffalo lost 20 pounds first in order to play a noticeably thinner Dominick, and was doing "probably 500 pushups a day" during the first 17 weeks of filming. "My very first meeting with Mark, I told him that if we were going do something like this, I couldnt imagine us shooting in the morning, breaking for lunch and having him putting on a wig or a fake goatee and playing the second half," the auteur explained.

(1) (Reply)

Candle Light Procession Held In Honor Of Late Ibidun Ajayi-ighodalo / Naija Celebs Are Addicted To This / BET Awards 2020: Burna Boy wins BET Awards for the 2nd consecutive year (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.