Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Ondo 2020: Minister, Federal Lawmakers, Assembly Members, Others Join Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo 2020: Minister, Federal Lawmakers, Assembly Members, Others Join Akeredolu (520 Views)

Rivers Federal Lawmakers-elect Will Support APC Consensus Candidate For Speaker / Federal Lawmakers From Abia Visit Orji Kalu Following Release / 2 PDP Federal Lawmakers And 4 PDP Chieftains Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo 2020: Minister, Federal Lawmakers, Assembly Members, Others Join Akeredolu by adebayoabiola: 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2020
ONDO 2020: MINISTER, FEDERAL LAWMAKERS, ASSEMBLY MEMBERS, OTHERS JOIN AKEREDOLU TO SUBMIT NOMINATION FORM

It was a carnival-like atmosphere today as the Minister of State for Niger Delta Affairs, Tayo Alasoadura, members of the House of Representatives, twenty-one members of the Ondo Stat House of Assembly and other bigwigs in the All Progressives Congress (APC) joined Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, to submit his nomination and expression of interest forms at the APC National Secretariat in Abuja, FCT.

The House of Representatives members, include;Hon. Timilehin Adelegbe and Hon. Bunmi - Tunji Ojo (BTO), while the members of the Ondo State House of Assembly were led by the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Bamidele Oleyelogun and Deputy Speaker, Hon. Iroju Ogundeji.

Tunji-Ojo, who was with the Governor on Monday night at the Governor's Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja, was not physically present at the event, sent his Goodwill Message and apology.

Other chieftains of the APC on the entourage include; Buhari's ally, Rotimi Fasakin, Hon. Gbenga Elegbeleye, Rear Admiral Alade and Hon. Pius Osunyikanmi among several others.

Also in Abuja to witness the epoch-making event are local government caretaker chairmen, members of the state state executive council led by the Chief of Staff, Chief Gbenga Ale, as well as supporters of the reelection bid of the Governor, who stormed the Federal Capital Territory from far and near to join the Governor in the submission of his form.

Governor Akeredolu had earlier visited President Muhammadu Buhari at the Aso Rock Villa, where he presented his nomination and expression of interest forms to the President for blessing.

Addressing the people, Governor Akeredolu said he was moved by the show of love from the people, assuring that he will never betray the trust reposed in him.

He said the party in the state is now more united than ever, adding that the leaders and members of the party who have come to solidarise with him in Abuja are the main symbol party.

Arakunrin Akeredolu said: "I want to thank all of you. When I got in there, I did not know that we have a carnival like affair, but Covid-19 protocol full compliant people. I am aware of the number of our people that have come here to be part of the submission of this form

"I have done this two times and I know that we kept trying with two buses. What I have seen here today, I am moved by your love. I can assure you we will not betray this trust you have in me. All of us are now on the same page. Why won't I thank God for all you have done for me.

"I want to believe that there are reasons for us to be united. Our party today is more united than ever. I don't know who else will claim to be the party. To me, this is the party."

Olabode Richard Olatunde
Special Assistant to the Governor (New Media)
June 16, 2020.

� Nguher Gabrielle Zaki

Re: Ondo 2020: Minister, Federal Lawmakers, Assembly Members, Others Join Akeredolu by TransflectTP(m): 5:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
Isorite

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: Minister, Federal Lawmakers, Assembly Members, Others Join Akeredolu by JAMO4REAL1(m): 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2020
4+4=8

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: Minister, Federal Lawmakers, Assembly Members, Others Join Akeredolu by Japhtee(m): 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2020
My inlaw go go again oo. Am sure of getting an appointment in his next tenure.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Life-saving Coronavirus Drug 'major Breakthrough' / APC National Secretariat Sealed / Magu Was Operating As A Law Unto Himself – Former DSS Assistant Director, Dennis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.