Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? (417 Views)

Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo Laments 'Level Of Nudity' In Weddings / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by donnie(m): 9:06am On Jun 17, 2020
Hopefully we would one day come to our senses and realize that these two weddings are actually traditional weddings.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 17, 2020
Na una Sabi?

The annoying thing is that, the specie responsible for the nonsense or that will make the other partner incur costs for the unnecessary ceremony is the one that's bring little or nothing to the table in the relationship.

The oyinbos (pale skinned people) usually share the responsibilities.

Most times, the bride family is usually responsible for the bride's dresses and event planning.

Nonsense#

3 Likes

Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by donnie(m): 9:13am On Jun 17, 2020
WICKEDfucker:
Na una Sabi?

The annoying thing is that, the specie responsible for the nonsense or that will make the other partner incur costs for the unnecessary ceremony is the one that's bring little or nothing to the table in the relationship.

Nonsense#

Hmm... You are shaking another table o shocked grin
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by majamajic(m): 9:16am On Jun 17, 2020
grin grin grin

No one is forcing u , until u have issues in marriage , u will know the importance of wedding , any of them has it's job, especially traditional , very important
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by Luckydubby7(m): 9:18am On Jun 17, 2020
I was telling my baby other day that we are doing wedding without reception. She totally kicked against it.
I now told her that let her look for who will do wedding with reception with her, while I look for someone will do wedding without reception with me.
She's now begging.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by Kriss216: 9:25am On Jun 17, 2020
majamajic:
grin grin grin

No one is forcing u , until u have issues in marriage , u will know the importance of wedding , any of them has it's job, especially traditional , very important
So, what's the job or importance of white wedding in any African home?
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by auxano01(m): 9:37am On Jun 17, 2020
donnie:
Hopefully we would one day come to our senses and realize that these two weddings are actually traditional weddings.

exactly.... excepot for two different traditions. we just like to overdo in this country

1 Like

Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by majamajic(m): 10:00am On Jun 17, 2020
Kriss216:

So, what's the job or importance of white wedding in any African home?

It's about our faith as Christians
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by donnie(m): 10:15am On Jun 17, 2020
majamajic:
grin grin grin

We are not against wedding, we are only saying there is no need to duplicate the thing. Why do two weddings and start struggling as a family after marriage?
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by donnie(m): 10:18am On Jun 17, 2020
Luckydubby7:
I was telling my baby other day that we are doing wedding reception. She totally kicked against it.
I now told her that let her look for who will do wedding with reception with her, while I look for someone will do wedding without reception with me.
She's now begging.

cheesy
Forgive o... especially if you love her and you believe she is right for you.
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by MuttleyLaff: 10:23am On Jun 17, 2020
donnie:
We only had one wedding

donnie:
Hmm... You are shaking another table o shocked grin
What other table is there to shake? All I see, is wastefulness and the lack of having a sense of priority

2 Likes

Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by majamajic(m): 10:33am On Jun 17, 2020
donnie:

We are not against wedding, we are only saying there is no need to duplicate the thing. Why do two weddings and start struggling as a family after marriage?

It's all about tradition and faith as Christians , it's like that in every religion
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by Kriss216: 10:34am On Jun 17, 2020
majamajic:

It's about our faith as Christians
You're contradicting yourself. As a Christian, your faith shouldn't make you indulge in silly acts cos whites are doing it.

1 Like

Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by majamajic(m): 10:36am On Jun 17, 2020
Kriss216:

You're contradicting yourself. As a Christian, your faith shouldn't make you indulge in silly acts cos whites are doing it.

No , white wedding is part of our belief as Christians, doing it in high or low key is your choice as a person, I think am clear enough this time ?
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by Kriss216: 10:42am On Jun 17, 2020
majamajic:

No , white wedding is part of our belief as Christians, doing it in high or low key is your choice as a person, I think am clear enough this time ?
Sorry, you're ain't clear yet.

How is white wedding part of our belief as Christians?

1 Like

Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by majamajic(m): 10:46am On Jun 17, 2020
Kriss216:

Sorry, you're ain't clear yet.

How is white wedding part of our belief as Christians?

For me it is
Which belief is white wedding ?
Bros if u don't wan do wedding at all , settle it with your , no come give me head
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by donnie(m): 10:49am On Jun 17, 2020
Kriss216:

Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by donnie(m): 10:50am On Jun 17, 2020
majamajic:

It's all about tradition and faith as Christians , it's like that in every religion

Can you show me any European/white wedding in the bible?
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by Kriss216: 10:52am On Jun 17, 2020
majamajic:

For me it is
You should have said earlier its your personal belief not dragging all Christians to your gullibility.

1 Like

Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by majamajic(m): 10:54am On Jun 17, 2020
Kriss216:

You should have said earlier its your personal belief not dragging all Christians to your gullibility.

Not by force to do white wedding , it's my personal belief u go church on Sunday too, abegi !
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by Kriss216: 10:54am On Jun 17, 2020
majamajic:

Not by force to do white wedding
Of course I know but it's by force to have sense.
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by majamajic(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2020
Kriss216:

Hahaha , nairalanders !!!
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by donnie(m): 11:23am On Jun 17, 2020
Kriss216:

grin
Re: Must We Do Two Traditional Weddings? by DragnetisaKuk(f): 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2020
Muttley Vs Donni.e

*sips extra cold kunu smiley

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Be Angry With Me, I’m Talking To My Children, Adeboye Replies Critics / How Anita Schafer (formerly Oyakhilome) Is Changing Lives / 5 Signs Of Demonic Presents In One's Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.