Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba (52957 Views)

Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba Threatens To Shut FGGC Umuahia Over Sanitary Condition / No WASSCE For Nigerian Students Now - Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba / Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba Dismisses Reports Of Schools Resuming On June 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Islie: 10:11am On Jun 17, 2020
Segun James and Martins Ifijeh

The federal government has rolled out guidelines for the reopening of educational institutions.

All primary, secondary and tertiary educational institutions in the country were shut in March when the federal government unveiled measures to battle the spread of COVID-19.

This is coming as there seems to be a major breakthrough in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic as dexamethasone, a cheap and widely available low-dose United Kingdom steroid drug, has shown efficacy for preventing critically-ill COVID-19 patients from dying.

However, barely three days to the planned reopening of worship centres, Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has suspended the plans, citing the rising cases of COVID-19 in the state.

The Minister of State for Education, Mr. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, rolled out the guidelines for the reopening of schools in Abuja yesterday.

He spoke at the 2020 Policy Meeting on Admissions to Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).

Nwajiuba said: “All institutions must have hand-washing facilities; body temperature checks; body disinfectants at all entering points to their major facilities, including the gates, hostels, classes, offices, etc; the whole premises of each institution must be decontaminated; all efforts must be geared toward maintenance of the highest level of hygiene and institutions must ensure social and physical distancing in class sizes and meeting spaces.”

The minister hailed the higher institutions for responding promptly to the pandemic challenges by coming up with different innovations, including the manufacturing of some of the facilities that were required to attend to COVID-19 patients.

He warned them against reopening schools without the federal government’s approval.

“While we look forward to easing the lockdown, which will ultimately lead to re-opening of our campuses, I urge all the heads of institutions not to wait till the announcement on reopening before putting in place all necessary measures in compliance with the protocols and advisories of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control,” he stated.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/06/17/fg-rolls-out-guidelines-for-reopening-of-schools/

8 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by jidamsel43(m): 10:12am On Jun 17, 2020
good development

It's arguably fact that Covid-19 is here to stay and we must take precautions to manage it.

Everybody should take responsibility to curtail this virus.

What is update on Madagascar convid-19 organic cure?

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by StillWiz: 10:18am On Jun 17, 2020
For institutions that has over or less than 50,000 students how do you expect this guidelines to work

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Edopesin: 10:23am On Jun 17, 2020
This can be enforced in schools no doubt, if the right authorities use their head

StillWiz:
For institutions that has over or less than 50,000 students how do you expect this guidelines to work

Over or less than 50,000? I'm lost, are you saying it will work for precisely only 50,000 students

47 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Ernerstdavid55(m): 10:36am On Jun 17, 2020
Lagos nko

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by StillWiz: 10:39am On Jun 17, 2020
Edopesin:
This can be enforced in schools no doubt, if the right authorities use their head

Over or less than 50,000? I'm lost, are you saying it will work for precisely only 50,000 students

For example, numbers of student in UNIBEN was estimated to be around 75,000. So tell me how will this guidelines work? How many hand sanitizers will be available for 75,000 students and I've never include the new freshman that would be admitted after resumption.
I'm just wondering tho

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Edopesin: 10:46am On Jun 17, 2020
StillWiz:

For example, numbers of student in UNIBEN was estimated to be around 75,000. So tell me how will this guidelines work? How many hand sanitizers will be available for 75,000 students and I've never include the new freshman that would be admitted after resumption.
I'm just wondering tho

Uniben can implement these guidelines, Classes and other public gathering areas will be sanitized with sanitizer stands in different places Uniben can control these things

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by StillWiz: 11:00am On Jun 17, 2020
Edopesin:

Uniben can implement these guidelines, Classes and other public gathering areas will be sanitized with sanitizer stands in different places Uniben can control these things

Lol...okay sir, let's wait and see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Surrender: 11:08am On Jun 17, 2020
Good morning, I am a qualified driver based in Abuja. I am looking for someone who is willing to lease his/her car out for Uber driving job. Be rest assured that your car will be in a safe hand.

Thank you!

9 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by TreasureTayo(m): 11:09am On Jun 17, 2020
It will be very hard for some public schools.

private Uni shouldn't have problems with this

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by MzMercie: 11:09am On Jun 17, 2020
Good development

It is left for institutions authorities and students to follow the guidelines.
Overcrowded lectures would have to be divided into 2 classes or more to enable social distancing.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by risos(m): 11:09am On Jun 17, 2020
As if there is water sef. 99% of schools in Nigeria have no running water. Even the government offices place bucket water with tap for hand sanitization.
An someone will start saying he is a proud Nigeria, youths total bereft of senses only thinking through their stomachs, association of poor masses.
All will be well soon.

8 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by bright007(f): 11:09am On Jun 17, 2020
shocked
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Eriggs: 11:09am On Jun 17, 2020
He warned them against reopening schools without the federal government’s approval.
They dare not ... Our country is getting back gradually
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by DenreleDave(m): 11:09am On Jun 17, 2020
Tomorrow. They will say otherwise..

Confused govt

Check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by laosy(m): 11:10am On Jun 17, 2020
Eh make them open am now, after two weeks students don't forget all these shii. We go return to our normal life.
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by starbuck(f): 11:10am On Jun 17, 2020
In as much as i want schools to reopen, they should know that these guidelines won't work if institutions are not monitored...

5 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Authoreety: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2020
Odi egwu

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by YorubaKinging: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2020
Finally
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by osamz007: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2020
FOR THIS CONFUSED COUNTRY

WASHING HAND POINTS AT GATES FOR OVER 5,000 STUDENTS ON A BUSTLING MONDAY MORNING

THEY SHOULD JUST OPEN UP ABEG I DON TIRE

4 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by bayotwice(f): 11:11am On Jun 17, 2020
cool
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Neroiam(m): 11:11am On Jun 17, 2020
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by antifat(m): 11:11am On Jun 17, 2020
All these are not by mere saying. If modalities are not put in place for these things to be implemented, they should forget it.

Funding
Maintenance
Sensitization
Etc

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 17, 2020
grin
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by jospepper(m): 11:12am On Jun 17, 2020
Where are the facilities? Most schools outside the state capitals will not adhere to these guidelines and there will be no one to inspect.

For example in my state, some of the guidelines are being respected only in the state capital. Its business as usual in the other local governments.

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by JosephXavier: 11:12am On Jun 17, 2020
Finally
Make dem open clubs and bars too

5 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 17, 2020
Lost Addict
Re: Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba by ekestic1976(f): 11:12am On Jun 17, 2020
StillWiz:

Lol...okay sir, let's wait and see

Like you don't want school to reopen. Tell us your Grade in last Semester's exam. Did your Pa know it?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Kind Of School Bus Conveying These Pupils To School (Photo) / UPDATED--2016/2017 Fed Poly Ede Admission Process-Post utme; HND; PRE ND; PT / Waec Releases 2013 Results.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.