Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Have You Ever Designed A Logo Without Getting Revision Requests From The Client? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Have You Ever Designed A Logo Without Getting Revision Requests From The Client? (1108 Views)

Free Christmas greeting cards and Fliers Requests / 10 Critical Mistakes To Avoid When Choosing A Logo Designer For Your Startup / I Need A Banner Designed @ A Very Moderate Price. Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Designed A Logo Without Getting Revision Requests From The Client? by NettyNelly(m): 12:23pm On Jun 17, 2020
I found love with Logo Designing, and I have been getting good reviews since I started this journey, but Nevertheless no matter how much I put into a design, 98% of my clients do not just accept the initial design without requesting for a revision, no matter how profound, dipicting and catchy it is. Though they will totally love the design but they always want to have other options and I think it is curiosity and not knowing exactly what they want that always push clients to ask for a revision from the designer. From experience, they might even ask for unartistic features in the logo, it takes lots of explanation and even conceptualizing their request to make them understand why their request won't help the design. Though this can sometimes is demoralizing but there's a high possibility that clients will always want a revision.

[color=#006600][/color]The question is have ever designed a logo without the client asking for a revision?

Bonus: You can also share your unique way of presenting a designed logo to your clients so we can learn from each other.

erad
nonny1212
herbaylove
aktem

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Designed A Logo Without Getting Revision Requests From The Client? by HQDesign: 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2020
Oh. Sorry, lemme wait for the ogas to talk fess B4 I add ma own.
Re: Have You Ever Designed A Logo Without Getting Revision Requests From The Client? by Nehyooh(m): 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2020
Hello bro, I just kickstart Graphics design early this year, and it has been awesome. When designing logo for clients, firstly I'll ask for what they want, that's the logo type ; either text-based logo, symbol and text or an emblem/just a character. Also I do ask for their best colour/colours.
Finally, before I send any client the design, I'll first send the Prototypes (samples) of at least three designs, so that they can choose their favourite, then complete the one they choosed.

I recently design a logo for a colleague at work who is into CCTV installation ; the man said i should put his phone number in the logo, I told him that it will look Odd, that since he will be doing business card too which will include his number, there is no need, but he insisted so i did what he desired. Sometimes some clients are just so adamant. So bro, I will advise you do what any client want if you're unable to persuade them. After all, they say customer are always right, even though they may be wrong atimes.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Designed A Logo Without Getting Revision Requests From The Client? by NettyNelly(m): 10:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
Nehyooh:
Hello bro, I just kickstart Graphics design early this year, and it has been awesome. When designing logo for clients, firstly I'll ask for what they want, that's the logo type ; either text-based logo, symbol and text or an emblem/just a character. Also I do ask for their best colour/colours.
Finally, before I send any client the design, I'll first send the Prototypes (samples) of at least three designs, so that they can choose their favourite, then complete the one they choosed.

I recently design a logo for a colleague at work who is into CCTV installation ; the man said i should put his phone number in the logo, I told him that it will look Odd, that since he will be doing business card too which will include his number, there is no need, but he insisted so i did what he desired. Sometimes some clients are just so adamant. So bro, I will advise you do what any client want if you're unable to persuade them. After all, they say customer are always right, even though they may be wrong atimes.
Bro you are correct. I do Minimalist logo concept. Some clients will see your samples, even ask for a simpler design but will end telling you to add phone number and address in there's.
Re: Have You Ever Designed A Logo Without Getting Revision Requests From The Client? by NettyNelly(m): 10:12pm On Jun 17, 2020
HQDesign:
Oh. Sorry, lemme wait for the ogas to talk fess B4 I add ma own.
Lol, the ogas seems to be busy now. Wait no more
Re: Have You Ever Designed A Logo Without Getting Revision Requests From The Client? by Nehyooh(m): 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
NettyNelly:

Bro you are correct. I do Minimalist logo concept. Some clients will see your samples, even ask for a simpler design but will end telling you to add phone number and address in there's.
Some clients are just funny bro !
Re: Have You Ever Designed A Logo Without Getting Revision Requests From The Client? by Astrologyfact: 10:33am On Aug 25, 2020
Nehyooh:

Bro, give me example of the CCTV camera logo design
Re: Have You Ever Designed A Logo Without Getting Revision Requests From The Client? by vickydankal(f): 12:36am On Sep 25, 2020
Nehyooh:

Do you still design?
Re: Have You Ever Designed A Logo Without Getting Revision Requests From The Client? by Nehyooh(m): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2020
vickydankal:

Do you still design?
Yes bro !
Re: Have You Ever Designed A Logo Without Getting Revision Requests From The Client? by Nehyooh(m): 11:27am On Oct 05, 2020
vickydankal:

Do you still design?
Yes Sir !

(1) (Reply)

Self Typographic Portrait / December 2009 Recruiting! Graphics People Oya Ooooo / Nokia : Video Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.