Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (2153 Views)

Bello Yabo Arrested For Calling El-Rufai A 'Small Bird' / What Atiku Did To Me During Lagos State Gov, So Painful, Unforgettable - Tinubu / Lai Mohammed Mourns Ras Kimono, Calls Him Unforgettable Reggae Giant!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by KingAzubuike(f): 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2020
We have definitely experienced that "it's a small world " moment at least once so let's share. Mine goes does.

When I got to Norway around 2010, I decided to branch a nearby restaurant to have some food. Made my order and guess who happened to bring my food to my table? An old bestie from primary school. There was nothing I didn't do to search for him on social media but you know Nigerians, even if they are on social media, they barely use their real names. Silifer Idera go turn Silver Dera, Olamide go turn horlahmidey but that wasn't his case tho , he wasn't on social media as he didn't fancy it.

We hugged and talked into the night in a language only two of us could understand.

Around 2013 in naija , met a lecturer from university who used to terrorize me back then. The man just hated me for reasons I couldn't understand. Went to the bank to deposit some money and i turned back to see how long the queue was, it was this "wicked" man who did all he could to make sure I didn't graduate from university that was behind me. He recognized me and smiled but I just stylishly took my face away. He probably expected me to come and greet him but mehn I no even send am. I did my thing and left him there.

Thirdly, went to a general hospital after falling ill. Guess the doctor that came to attend to me, an old secondary school classmate. Strange enough he was one of those "olodo" students back then in class who everybody looked down on and laughed at. Person wey everybody think say no fit make am.. Nobody truly knows tomorrow.

Share yours.

2 Likes

Re: . by Poloyanabo2(m): 2:41pm On Jun 17, 2020
KingAzubuike:
We have definitely experienced that "it's a small world " moment at least once so let's share. Mine goes does.

When I got to Norway around 2010, I decided to branch a nearby restaurant to have some food. Made my order and guess who happened to bring my food to my table? An old bestie from primary school. There was nothing I didn't do to search for him on social media but you know Nigerians, even if they are on social media, they barely use their real names. Silifer Idera go turn Silver Dera, Olamide go turn horlahmidey but that wasn't his case tho , he wasn't on social media as he didn't fancy it.

We hugged and talked into the night in a language only two of us could understand.

Around 2013 in naija , met a lecturer from university who used to terrorize me back then. The man just hated me for reasons I couldn't understand. Went to the bank to deposit some money and i turned back to see how long the queue was, it was this "wicked" man who did all he could to make sure I didn't graduate from university that was behind me. He recognized me and smiled but I just stylishly took my face away. He probably expected me to come and greet him but mehn I no even send am. I did my thing and left him there.

Thirdly, went to a general hospital after falling ill. Guess the doctor that came to attend to me, an old secondary school classmate. Strange enough he was one of those "olodo" students back then in class who everybody looked down on and laughed at. Person wey everybody think say no fit make am.. Nobody truly knows tomorrow.

Share yours.
m
Re: . by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
Ok... Am Cumming.
Re: . by LabuleofNigeria: 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
Someone stole my phone in the office, came back to charge same phone on my desk after two months.

Infact, i didnt recognize the phone not until he came back for it, asked me to help unplug the same phone from the socket beside my seat.
That was the moment i withheld the phone & questioned him. las las i reclaimed my phone.

4 Likes

Re: . by HitlerGaddafi: 2:50pm On Jun 17, 2020
Had a military friend who met one lecturer who used to frustrate him 15 years go. He see am inside moto whole manning a checkpoint for express . He just look am shake head laugh coz if he say make he do am weytin dey he mind ehn. To those of you that are arrogant and oppress people, this life small die. It's a very small world, we can meet anywhere. I have several experience I don't even know where to start from.

3 Likes

Re: . by SamuelLoch: 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
Whilst I'm trying to remember mine, I'm interested in reading more...
Re: . by Vyzz: 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2020
My battery is low to type this...

I will come back and modify this and e go dey trilling
Re: . by MrOkenwa(m): 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2020
The one that still amazes me happened when I visited my then wife-to-be, during her youth service 7 years ago.
I visited her at her PPA. I didn't go out of the room throughout my 3 days stay until the last day, because there was no reason for me to. wink
There's a cousin of mine who left the country to study many years before then, so I didn't hear anything about him for like 10 years.
Now, this guy was also serving in the same ppa with my babe and he lived just adjacent to my babes room.
Coincidentally, we met outside and boom, my cousin dragged my cloth from the back. We were both surprised that we could meet in that village sha.
The rest was history because that event saved me from marrying a farm tool.

15 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2020
I am trying to remember.

Alright i remember this one.
When i was in Secondary school, JSS2 to be precise, i had a friend called Aghogho, we were very close.
He was in the hostel and i was a day student.
he left the school that year and didn't come back for JSS3.

Many years later in higher institution. Year one precisely.
I went to our school general football field to play football.

So we were selected into two different groups and we started playing.
It turns out that he was amongst those selected as our opponent.

You see back then In secondary school, i was a very very very good footballer and dancer.
Growing up i had two nickname.
Ronaldinho and Micheal Jackson because mehnn, i am good in both football and break dancing and i know when it comes to dancing, i will beat Peter of p square and even Chris brown. (no jokes)

I only fear usher.

Alright back to the story.
After the game, this guy came to meet me and he was like did i attended so so secondary school and i said yes.

He said i look exactly like one of his close friends In secondary School, good in football and dancing.
We use to do everything together.
Immediately i recognize him and i mentioned his name and surname.

He was very happy to see me, he took me to his hostel, a private hostel.
As we got to his hostel, he started introducing me to everyone in the hostel. Lol

I mean the love was real.

Anyway Sha let me cut the story here and read comment.

By the order of the Peaky blinders.

4 Likes

Re: . by coputa(m): 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2020
After graduating from the university,i got a job as a base manager of a company,due to my retinue of work,i usually close late,so,my first day at work,i stayed up to 8pm,when i came out of the office,about entering my car,i saw my teacher in primary 4 opening the gate for me(he's a night guard).i stopped and told him my name and that of the school,he recollected fast because back then,i was one of his favourite student.

3 Likes

Re: . by KingAzubuike(f): 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
MrOkenwa:

The rest was history because that event saved me from marrying a farm tool.
Re: . by dnawah(m): 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Share yours.
Re: . by 9jathingsonpoint: 6:41pm On Jun 17, 2020
coputa:
After graduating from the university,i got a job as a base manager of a company,due to my retinue of work,i usually close late,so,my first day at work,i stayed up to 8pm,when i came out of the office,about entering my car,i saw my teacher in primary 4 opening the gate for me(he's a night guard).i stopped and told him my name and that of the school,he recollected fast because back then,i was one of his favourite student.
Mad ooooh
Re: . by 9jathingsonpoint: 6:42pm On Jun 17, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Share yours.
that your first story is surprising
Re: . by 9jathingsonpoint: 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:
Someone stole my phone in the office, came back to charge same phone on my desk after two months.

Infact, i didnt recognize the phone not until he came back for it, asked me to help unplug the same phone from the socket beside my seat.
That was the moment i withheld the phone & questioned him. las las i reclaimed my phone.
i swear, u too funny
Re: . by illicit(m): 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
The day a pastor told me he sleeps with girlfriends....
I couldn't believe my ears
Re: . by Faponko: 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2020
Nice thread. Had one ex like that more than 10 years ago. We lived a reckless life (if you understand what I mean).

Saw her earlier this year at ikeja city mall with her hubby and their grown up kids (cute family) . Meanwhile me never even settle down, I still dey do guyman up and down. She saw me and she was shocked but quickly throway face but weytin concern me. Me sef lock up find my own way jare. Everybody don move on.

2 Likes

Re: . by Babzrockman: 8:04pm On Jun 17, 2020
Mine goes like this

There is this guy I used to assist in registering Direct entry forms I.e not once in Zaria... I give him the grace to pay whenever he's convenient for the first and second attempts.. He appreciated it a lot because he was a diploma student back then.
For like 2 years or so, I did not see him around again. So, I went for my youth service in Anambra..
On this faithful day, I went to watch football match at viewing centre in the village I was posted... Going out side to pee after half time, I heard somebody calling me when I turned back it was the guy I used to assist back in Zaria. He said what am I doing here. I asked him same question... He replied, "this is my village o"... I told him I be corper now.. He was so happy and I really enjoy d dude in d village...
Life sha

6 Likes

Re: . by rash47(m): 8:34pm On Jun 17, 2020
Babzrockman:
Mine goes like this

There is this guy I used to assist in registering Direct entry forms I.e not once in Zaria... I give him the grace to pay whenever he's convenient for the first and second attempts.. He appreciated it a lot because he was a diploma student back then.
For like 2 years or so, I did not see him around again. So, I went for my youth service in Anambra..
On this faithful day, I went to watch football match at viewing centre in the village I was posted... Going out side to pee after half time, I heard somebody calling me when I turned back it was the guy I used to assist back in Zaria. He said what am I doing here. I asked him same question... He replied, "this is my village o"... I told him I be corper now.. He was so happy and I really enjoy d dude in d village...
Life sha

You be from z.. town?
Re: . by KingAzubuike(f): 8:40pm On Jun 17, 2020
9jathingsonpoint:

that your first story is surprising
As they say, "Nigerians are everywhere". Even in Fiji or Iceland, you'll see Nigerians there. That day I experienced it firsthand. Couldn't believe my eyes.

3 Likes

Re: . by amidel(m): 8:47pm On Jun 17, 2020
coputa:
Damn, this life no balance.
It's good you turned out a student to be proud of, at least the teacher can say Oga na my student before cool

2 Likes

Re: . by Babzrockman: 9:13pm On Jun 17, 2020
rash47:

You be from z.. town?

Stayed there between 2008-2014
Re: . by Faponko: 10:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
Babzrockman:

Stayed there between 2008-2014
You attended ABU?
Re: . by stacyadams: 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2020
Faponko:
Nice thread. Had one ex like that more than 10 years ago. We lived a reckless life (if you understand what I mean).

Saw her earlier this year at ikeja city mall with her hubby and their grown up kids (cute family) . Meanwhile me never even settle down, I still dey do guyman up and down. She saw me and she was shocked but quickly throway face but weytin concern me. Me sef lock up find my own way jare. Everybody don move on.

The hubby carry toto wey u don ravage finish grin
Re: . by Babzrockman: 5:18am On Jun 18, 2020
Faponko:

You attended ABU?

Yes
Re: . by coputa(m): 6:06am On Jun 18, 2020
amidel:

Damn, this life no balance.
It's good you turned out a student to be proud of, at least the teacher can say Oga na my student before cool
lol

1 Like

Re: . by Vianna(f): 6:18am On Jun 18, 2020
Went for NYSC in Sokoto state (2011). It was a remote village, sparsely populated. I barely go out anyhow but on this fateful day I decided to get something at a nearby shop. Met my secondary school classmate , he owns the shop and he recognized me instantly. The strange part is that we had our secondary school in Lagos and many years apart here he was in Sokoto running a small store. Like I didn't expect to meet any living thing I know in that part of the country. Even if it was the city, it was still understandable but a store in a remote village like that. ? Gosh the odds ehn. I think nature just has a way of twisting fate to suit certain circumstances. That's why I believe there are more dimensions out there in a parallel universe.

3 Likes

Re: . by KingAzubuike(f): 9:01am On Jun 18, 2020
stacyadams:

The hubby carry toto wey u don ravage finish grin
That his own na normal thing, everybody get ex.

1 Like

Re: . by Risky101: 10:54am On Jun 18, 2020
Vianna:
Went for NYSC in Sokoto state (2011). It was a remote village, sparsely populated. I barely go out anyhow but on this fateful day I decided to get something at a nearby shop. Met my secondary school classmate , he owns the shop and he recognized me instantly. The strange part is that we had our secondary school in Lagos and many years apart here he was in Sokoto running a small store. Like I didn't expect to meet any living thing I know in that part of the country. Even if it was the city, it was still understandable but a store in a remote village like that. ? Gosh the odds ehn. I think nature just has a way of twisting fate to suit certain circumstances. That's why I believe there are more dimensions out there in a parallel universe.

Which PPA was yours? Served in GSS Tutera same year batch C though. Later CLO.
Re: . by Vianna(f): 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
Risky101:

Which PPA was yours? Served in GSS Tutera same year batch C though. Later CLO.
Usman danfodiyo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Herdsmen Flee As Ipob's Eastern Security Network Invades Fulani Camp In Abia / President Buhari Nowhere To Be Found As Chief Of Army Staff Is Buried / Governor Sanwo-olu Delivers Another Iconic Project In Lagos Island. Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.