Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

How To Get Domain Name + Hosting For Less Than $10/year - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Get Domain Name + Hosting For Less Than $10/year (272 Views)

Get Domain And Web Host For $1.95 And Get $100 - $800 / Get A Blog/website With Free Domain Name & Hosting For 1year With Monetization / Get Wordpress Website Or Blog With Free Domain Name & Hosting For A Year For 2k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Domain Name + Hosting For Less Than $10/year by chiderapraise: 3:34pm On Jun 17, 2020
One of the standards for every business now is a website. To get a website you need to have a domain name and hosting.

Web hosting is a service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via
the World Wide Web {i.e the internet}.

A domain is a name or address that internet users can use to find your website on the world wide web.
What this means in lay man terms is that a domain is an address like amazon.com or and a web hosting is what makes that domain accessible to anybody looking for it on the internet.

In analogy a domain is like your house address or a house but a house can not be seen on the air it will
have to stay on a land (web hosting).

So basically, a domain consists of two things domain name{amazon} and extension {.com or .org}.

You have to choose a domain name. first you must ensure the domain name matches your business and also the domain name is not taken by another person. Secondly you have to host your doamin with a hosting service. this now makes your website come live on the internet.

Most hosting companies require that you own a domain in order to host with them. If you do not have a
domain, the hosting companies will help you purchase one. Before you choose a hosting company i will advice you consider the following

Affordability And Reliability: You want an affordable provider, but you also need reliability. You
need to make sure that their support department is IN HOUSE.

Customer Support: Does the company offer good customer service 24/7? Do they have a life chat or
just support ticket? How prompt are they in replying to your tickets? Can they help you with your
WordPress issues as a newbie?

What Kind of Traffic Are You Expecting: The page load time, web page bandwidth,
downtime, data transfer, and search engine optimization should be considered. I recommend you get
unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth. So that excess traffic does not crush your website or blog.

But the huge obstacle is that getting a domain and hosting with a hosting provider that offers unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth can cost from around $30 upward yearly.

However, I found a way around that you can get a domain and host for about $10/year, with a hosting company that offers Unlimited web space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited MySQL databases,
unlimited sub domains, unlimited parked domains, free UNLIMITED SSL Certificates, free automatic daily backup. with awesome customer service.
Go see it here https://letsthriveweb.com/whf/
Re: How To Get Domain Name + Hosting For Less Than $10/year by chiderapraise: 12:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
... shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Forsage / Updated: I Need Someone To Spin Articles For A Blog ASAP / I Need A Website To Display And Sell My Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.