Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,501 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson (1954 Views)

APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu / Oshiomhole Displays 4+0 For Obaseki (Photo) / APC Governor Caught On Video Receiving $5m Bribes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by wwwihy: 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2020
With the Court of Appeal upholding the suspension of Adams Oshiomhole as the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), it is possible for the Edo State governor, Godwin Obaseki, to return to the party, his spokesperson has said.

Mr Obaseki, Tuesday, announced his resignation from the APC after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa.

Mr Obaseki’s deputy, Philip Shaibu, who also resigned from the APC, was seen in photos and videos released by the Edo Government House, removing APC flag from his office.

The governor’s resignation followed his disqualification by the APC from contesting the party governorship primary in Edo State which is scheduled to hold on June 22, five days from now.

After the latest court ruling on Mr Oshiomhole, the APC appointed the deputy national chairman, Abiola Ajimobi, a former governor of Oyo State, as acting national chairman. But Mr Ajimobi is believed to be very ill and hospitalised.

Another twist was added to the APC crisis when the deputy national secretary of the APC, Victor Gaidom, declared himself the acting national chairman of the party, Wednesday.

He announced the cancellation of the screening which led to Governor Obaseki’s disqualification.

“Our party, the All Progressives Congress, will no longer allow local quests for the control of power to influence our decisions. As your Acting National Chairman and presiding officer in the NWC, we therefore cancel the decision of the Screening and Appeal Committees of the former chairman of the party on the Edo primaries,” Mr Gaidom told journalists in Abuja.

Following Mr Gaidom’s pronouncement, PREMIUM TIMES asked Mr Obaseki’s spokesperson, Crusoe Osagie, if the governor would be willing to return to the APC.

“Honestly, I have not talked with my boss yet, (but) I don’t see anything wrong with it,” Mr Osagie said, Wednesday afternoon.

“With all intent and purpose, if you look at the reasons my boss gave for his being frustrated out of the party, it all centred on Oshiomhole and his high-handedness, tyrannical approach to managing the party, tendency to want to destroy the fortune of the party,” he said.

“With the court removing Oshiomhole, I believe there’s a possibility. It’s possible, after all he has not moved into any other party yet.”

READ ALSO: EDO 2020: WHY APC DISQUALIFIED OBASEKI
Mr Osagie said the governor has never had any problem with APC as a party.

Mr Obaseki may still have to contend with some forces in APC if he returns to the party since Mr Oshiomhole may not have acted alone in the party’s decisions against the governor, PREMIUM TIMES told Mr Osagie.

“Oshiomhole was alone,” he responded. “You will soon see in the coming days that what you call people loyal to Oshiomhole would soon fizzle out.”

Mr Osagie said the Court of Appeal ruling is rested upon the suspension of Mr Oshiomhole in his ward in Edo State several months ago.

“That tells you that everything that Oshiomhole has done since when he was suspended from his ward till now is invalid,” he added.

PREMIUM TIMES asked Mr Osagie what would happen between the governor and those he may have given assurance he would be joining them in their party.

“I can tell you he has not given anybody any assurance that he is going into any particular party,” the governor’s spokesperson said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/398167-its-possible-for-obaseki-to-return-to-apc-governors-spokesperson.html
Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by DonFreshmoney(m): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2020
Obaseki should not be deceived to return back to the party. .. he should grow some balls and have sense.. The litigations isnt over yet, it will continue till after the general election.. I wonder who is advising obaseki though...

3 Likes

Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by kahal29: 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2020
Madness ...

Obaseki is not well advised.
Loitering wont help him
The APC ship has sailed.
Oshiomohole is not contesting Edo governorship.

Obaseki hanging around watching a circus without a ticket tells why he could make good results in WAEC.

A sitting governor has now become a standing passenger without a ticket.

While he watches that confusion, Hope Uzodimma will step in and hand that ticket to Ize Iyamu.

Oshiomohole will return to his seat in the coming days / weeks.

If everything Oshiomohole did is unlawful then it means APC gave out no forms, submitted no notice of primaries to INEC, cannot hold any legitimate primaries again.

If everything Oshiomohole did is lawful then Obaseki has been disqualified, excommunicated from the process .And cannot be retrieved and returned even by a legion of cowboys.

I thought he said he could win with anythjng , with AUA?

Only one man will lose his crown. And without a fight.

As I write , his balls have been shrunken by fright.

He is shivering with confusion.

A third division Egungu who dabbled onto an expressway......

Copied

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by TransflectTP(m): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
Oga take one decision and stand by it. Don't make a mess of yourself by going back and forth.

4 Likes

Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by Zendinho(m): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2020
Nigerian politicians are all the same....

No sane person should endanger his or herself for them.

The only difference is the party.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by AroleOduduwa2: 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2020
Obaseki, if you like fall for the trap, they know you'll win whichever party you choose to contest under. They want you miss the opportunity to contest under other party and then rubbish you when there is no option.

3 Likes

Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by LibertyRep: 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2020
Why not.

Them they shame before?
Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by Racoon(m): 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2020
Obaseki keep off APC and if needed be dont contest @ all.My humble advise to you.The storm in the party is far from getting clear.

4 Likes

Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by Beosten(m): 3:56pm On Jun 17, 2020
Where can I get popcorn?
Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by fyneguy: 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2020
kahal29:
Madness ...

Loitering wont help him
The APC ship has sailed.

Obaseki hanging around watching a circus without a ticket tells why he could make good results in WAEC.

While he watches that confusion, Hope Uzodimma will step in and hand that ticket to Ize Iyamu.

If everything Oshiomohole did is unlawful then it means APC gave out no forms, submitted no notice of primaries to INEC, cannot hold any legitimate primaries again.

If everything Oshiomohole did is lawful then Obaseki has been disqualified, excommunicated from the process .And cannot be retrieved and returned even by a legion of cowboys.

Copied

lol Oshiomole is not the NWC. All decisions were taken by the NWC.
Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by TheGreatIYANU: 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
TransflectTP:
Oga take one decision and stand by it. Don't make a mess of yourself by going back and forth.

In bold, Louder please!
Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by Abfinest007(m): 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
obaseki was too fast to resign now that Osho is out
Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by ODI444(m): 4:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
This guy is a betrayal. With this delay, there is no difference between him and Omisore of Osun state. Does he know that Giadom has resigned his NWC membership? Does he know that Ajimobi is a product of Oshiomole? Does he even know that Etta is backed by NWC members loyal to Oshiomole?
No wonder people said he’s not a politician.

1 Like

Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by aworatak: 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
If Obaseki likes let him not heed to the advice of the elders on this forum. He would have defected from that evil contraption a long time ago if not for his foolery.
Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by xangerar: 4:51pm On Jun 17, 2020
kahal29:
Madness ...

Loitering wont help him
The APC ship has sailed.

Copied

Your brain is at optimal functionality.

I have had enough of horrible things today that I thought to myself, "Is that the best of understanding people have about the Edo situation?", but then came this well articulated position.

1 Like

Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by Indispensable85(m): 5:00pm On Jun 17, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Obaseki should not be deceived to return back to the party. .. he should grow some balls and have sense.. The litigations isnt over yet, it will continue till after the general election.. I wonder who is advising obaseki though...

You've said it all. Sometimes I feel like smacking his big head. I don't know who his advisers are.
Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by Caseless: 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2020
Classic 'Obasek' is confused. What he doesn't understand is oshio needs him in the party so he can fight him from a close range.

He wished this judgement had come before.

Oshomhole has up to 2022 to remain in office, if the SC overturn the judgement of the lower courts. Classic obasek(without 'I') is having days, but he's still not sure of what to. You go lose that election eithey way...in apc or pdp.

You think say you dey wise. You are a moomoo man.

1 Like

Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by JAMO84: 8:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
Mr 3 credits knows that he can only get his second term through the APC, all other parties in Edo state are Mushrooms, including the Poverty Development Party.

I AM DONE TALKING

1 Like

Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by slivertongue: 9:17pm On Jun 17, 2020
"I believe there’s a possibility. It’s possible"

Obaseki playing mind games with APC.
Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by crispus09(m): 10:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
cool
Re: It’s Possible For Obaseki To Return To APC – Governor’s Spokesperson by agabusta: 6:17am On Jun 18, 2020
slivertongue:
"I believe there’s a possibility. It’s possible"

Obaseki playing mind games with APC.

Playing mind games with APC that is done with him as and moved on?

He is just wasting his mind and game.

(1) (Reply)

SWAT TRAINING: Nigeria Vs The US / Who Are You?' - Governor Hope Uzodinma's Aide Confronts Rochas Okorocha At The P / DSS Operatives Take Over Federal High Court, Abuja Ahead Of Nnamdi Kanu's Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.