Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers (1299 Views)

Armed Robbers Attack Banks In Edo, Several Killed / Keke Driver Arrested For Aiding Armed Robbers In Port Harcourt Cries (Photos) / Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by OgeFather(m): 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2020
Hello everyone please I need your advice urgently.
I'm beginning to think that the banks in nigeria are aiding fraud in a way and its becoming obvious.
On Friday last week while I was working on site I notice a debit alert in US dollar, I was shocked as haven't done any online transaction to get such a notice but I wasn't bothered as it was just one dollar but I tried calling the customer care of my bank to no avail, it will ring till infinity and no one will respond and my airtime going . Just within few minutes of trying to reach the bank customer careline I got another debit alert of 129 US dollar this time I was scared so I immidiately used my mobile app to block my card till when I will go to the bank on Monday since I wasn't around that Friday.
First thing Monday morning I rushed to bank after waiting to see the customer care for over 4 hours, I finally got into the bank, the lady I met I explained to her that I'm getting some debit alerts and that I didn't do any of those transactions but before then I had filled a form to request for my account statement which got to me before I went in to see her so I showed her but the thing is that the account statement was okay and my balance was also okay on the statement I got but my avialable balance was different from my current balance so when she looked at it she told me that since my account statement was okay that I shouldn't bother and that "my account statement supersedes" the alert I was getting and that it migh be network issue I said okay and left the bank with peace of mind and immidiately unblocked my account and made some withdrawal.
Fast forward to Tuesday, I was working and I noticed another debit alert of 112 US dollar but this time I wasn't so worried since it might be the network error that hasn't stopped but I said I was going to visit another bank branch the next day and tell them to sort it once and for all. First thing Wednesday morning I went to a branch at Abraham Adesanya close to where I worked the previous day becuase I slept on site it's an uncompleted biulding but I had to sleep since I haven't finished work there.
So after waiting for over 4 hours to get into the bank, while I was inside the bank two more debit alerts came in this time 126 and 65 US dollar respectively so the lady I met looked at it and said that someone has been using my account to do foreign transaction and that the transactions the person did on my account on Friday just dropped yesterday being Tuesday, bare in mind that I went to complain on monday. So she asked why didn't go to the bank to complain and told her what I was told when I went to their osapa branch, so the lady told me that the lady at osapa was suppose to block the transactions and then request for a reversal since the money wasn't cleared as at that day (monday) so she went ahead to cancel my card and the transactions that hasn't been cleared and then told me that I should just hope that the money will be reversed. So immidiately I left there I went straight to the osapa branch where I met the other lady luckily when I got in she was there with her superior so started raising my voice telling her how she misled me and all so her superior asked me to seat and be petient which I did so she called her and asked her what happened to my greatest surprise this lady started lying, saying that what I told her was that I did a transaction and I've not seen the alert I got mad and pulled the account statement they printed for me when I visited in Monday so she kept qiute and then her superior proceeded to send some mails or so and the asked me to come next week and hope for a reversal.
Please good people in the house I beg what should I do ? next week is such a long time that's only of I will get the reversal for the transactions that has not yet been cleared and that money tho not much to some people is my house rent. As I went home to get my charger to boost my phone since we didn't have light at the biulding site to charge, I noticed my landlord has moved my things out of his house since I told him I wanted to get a new place so time is no longer on my side. Please I need my money what do I do ?

Please help me get this to front page abeg I need advice urgent (I no get anybody for Lagos, I'm counting on your advice right now )
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by BossJamal: 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2020
OgeFather:
I'm beginning to think that the banks in nigeria are aiding fraud in a way and its becoming obvious.
On Friday last week while I was working on site I notice a debit alert in US dollar, I was shocked as haven't done any online transaction to get such a notice but I wasn't bothered as it was just one dollar but I tried calling the customer care of my bank to no avail, it will ring till infinity and no one will respond and my airtime going . Just within few minutes of trying to reach the bank customer careline I got another debit alert of 129 US dollar this time I was scared so I immidiately used my mobile app to block my card till when I will go to the bank on Monday since I wasn't around that Friday.
First thing Monday morning I rushed to bank after waiting to see the customer care for over 4 hours, I finally got into the bank, the lady I met I explained to her that I'm getting some debit alerts and that I didn't do any of those transactions but before then I had filled a form to request for my account statement which got to me before I went in to see her so I showed her but the thing is that the account statement was okay and my balance was also okay on the statement I got but my avialable balance was different from my current balance so when she looked at it she told me that since my account statement was okay that I shouldn't bother and that "my account statement supersedes" the alert I was getting and that it migh be network issue I said okay and left the bank with peace of mind and immidiately unblocked my account and made some withdrawal.
Fast forward to Tuesday, I was working and I noticed another debit alert of 112 US dollar but this time I wasn't so worried since it might be the network error that hasn't stopped but I said I was going to visit another bank branch the next day and tell them to sort it once and for all. First thing Wednesday morning I went to a branch at Abraham Adesanya close to where I worked the previous day becuase I slept on site it's an uncompleted biulding but I had to sleep since I haven't finished work there.
So after waiting for over 4 hours to get into the bank, while I was inside the bank two more debit alerts came in this time 126 and 65 US dollar respectively so the lady I met looked at it and said that someone has been using my account to do foreign transaction and that the transactions the person did on my account on Friday just dropped yesterday being Tuesday, bare in mind that I went to complain on monday. So she asked why didn't go to the bank to complain and told her what I was told when I went to their osapa branch, so the lady told me that the lady at osapa was suppose to block the transactions and then request for a reversal since the money wasn't cleared as at that day (monday) so she went ahead to cancel my card and the transactions that hasn't been cleared and then told me that I should just hope that the money will be reversed. So immidiately I left there I went straight to the osapa branch where I met the other lady luckily when I got in she was there with her superior so started raising my voice telling her how she misled me and all so her superior asked me to seat and be petient which I did so she called her and asked her what happened to my greatest surprise this lady started lying, saying that what I told her was that I did a transaction and I've not seen the alert I got mad and pulled the account statement they printed for me when I visited in Monday so she kept qiute and then her superior proceeded to send some mails or so and the asked me to come next week and hope for a reversal.
Please good people in the house I beg what should I do ? next week is such a long time that's only of I will get the reversal for the transactions that has not yet been cleared and that money tho not much to some people is my house rent. As I went home to get my charger to boost my phone since we didn't have light at the biulding site to charge, I noticed my landlord has moved my things out of his house since I told him I wanted to get a new place so time is no longer on my side. Please I need my money what do I do ?

Please help me get this to front page abeg I need advice urgent (I no get anybody for Lagos, I'm counting on your advice right now )

Are you for real?

2 Likes

Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by Queenslander(f): 9:41pm On Jun 17, 2020
100% right,. Social media is a really powerful tool these days.. Especially against oppression!!

1 Like

Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by Tnycee(m): 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2020
That's very true...some bank staff will just monitor your account to temper with it.

Post your complaint on Twitter and tag the bank and other handle as suggested above.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by dangotesmummy: 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
Of course.thats not news.we know that since.since the era of Savannah bank tiwon baye awon eyan je ati oceanic bank.

I remember I dash Cecelia ib** my remaining ₦500 before the bank closed up.But these bank staff don't know I've laid a curse on my money before depositing it.each time I go to deposit money in the bank I lay a curse on it that any bank staff who allows greed and stealing to push him near my money to steal,Na That money he go use treat cancer and as he dey recover from one disease he go dey catch another one till he sells his house over diseases.

I pity bank staff who doesn't have the spirit of contentment because unknown to them money is a spirit and I make pronouncements on that money because after he comes out of his problem the money he will use to settle his problem will be twice of what he STOLE.

You think everyone has a forgiving spirit? Abi you think say everybody wey dey enter bank Na person? Inu ma jin o.o Jin ju orunlo

1 Like

Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by gambia(m): 10:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
Op, you must have used your card to purchase somethings online, its possible you used it on an unsecured site. The best they can do is to log the complaint which will be investigated and you may get your money back. Its not possible for anyone to access you account without your ATM card pin, Security number and your ATM card number as well.
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by OgeFather(m): 10:27pm On Jun 17, 2020
BossJamal:

Are you for real?

If you know what's good for you post this same complain on twitter now and see how your story will change for good. Organizations are scared of being called out on twitter. They've got an image to protect. Twitter is the best place to get things done quickly and right. Do it now...i will push your tweet when I see it there. Oya

Modified:
Tag @CBN @Efcc @PublicComplaintCommision @PostSubman @PoliceNG and other relevant official handles. Let me know when you do that. Except you don't want full investigation and ur money back.

I'm doing that right away
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by Mayng01(m): 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2020
What is the name of the bank?
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by courage9(m): 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2020
We know the banks when dey do all these illegal deductions...
After donating billions to federal government, na customers go come suffer for am.

Highly unsecured network security system ??
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by OgeFather(m): 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2020
Mayng01:
What is the name of the bank?

Is it really neccesary to put that here ? Since I'm not doing this to hurt anyone but to get a solution
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by OgeFather(m): 10:56pm On Jun 17, 2020
BossJamal:

Are you for real?

If you know what's good for you post this same complain on twitter now and see how your story will change for good. Organizations are scared of being called out on twitter. They've got an image to protect. Twitter is the best place to get things done quickly and right. Do it now...i will push your tweet when I see it there. Oya

Modified:
Tag @CBN @Efcc @PublicComplaintCommision @PostSubman @PoliceNG and other relevant official handles. Let me know when you do that. Except you don't want full investigation and ur money back.

DONE !!!
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by BossJamal: 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2020
gambia:
Op, you must have used your card to purchase somethings online, its possible you used it on an unsecured site. The best they can do is to log the complaint which will be investigated and you may get your money back. Its not possible for anyone to access you account without your ATM card pin, Security number and your ATM card number as well.

Op did you? Check yourself too
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by BossJamal: 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2020
OgeFather:

DONE !!!
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by OgeFather(m): 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
BossJamal:

Your handle?

@ ogenna_okeoma
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by OgeFather(m): 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
BossJamal:

Op did you? Check yourself too

I haven't done any in recent time
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by BossJamal: 11:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
OgeFather:

@ ogenna_okeoma

Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by Toma2: 12:19am On Jun 18, 2020
Tag the bank
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by Nobody: 4:12am On Jun 18, 2020
Timbers
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 5:24am On Jun 18, 2020
Which Bank
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by OgeFather(m): 11:12am On Jun 18, 2020
UDOKABESTLUV:
Which Bank

Zenith bank

1 Like

Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by OgeFather(m): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2020
Toma2:
Tag the bank

Sorry people I'm not really a tweeter person but I've made some changes to the tweet and I've tagged some offices with the #returnMymoney. please help me out, it rained this morning and the whole of Abraham adesanya is flooded and I'm standing outside with no light to even boost my phone
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by OgeFather(m): 11:34am On Jun 18, 2020
Thanks alot friends for your retweet and likes, I believe that someone will hear us out and something will be done. Thanks my handle is ogenna_okeoma.

Please if this can get to the front page I will be very glad just to get a roof over me and my boys head in this rain.
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by angelfallz(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
OgeFather:

I hate it when men ask "what do i do?"
you refused to mention the bank, why?
An international transaction was initiated on your card the first time, when you obviously knew that you did no such transaction. The first thing to have done was to hotlist your card!
You blocked and unblocked it after a supposed customer care representative convinced you that all is well. Guy, what kind of man are you?
Better hotlist that your card.
Get the name of the customer care woman that misled you and the name of her supervisor as well as the branch, get the name of the second customer care lady and the name her branch as well. document everything and complain to CBN. you can even escalate the matter if there are provisions to do so by your bank.
If you are serious you can complain to CBN
https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Contacts/Complaints/

Imagine what they are telling you, "hope for reversal" and you swallowed such nonsense and came here to cry. Men of this generation tueh!!
You can also call them out on SM

4 Likes

Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by Toma2: 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2020
OgeFather:
Thanks alot friends for your retweet and likes, I believe that someone will hear us out and something will be done. Thanks my handle is ogenna_okeoma.

Please if this can get to the front page I will be very glad just to get a roof over me and my boys head in this rain.
Mention the bank, you refused...
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by OgeFather(m): 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
Toma2:

Mention the bank, you refused...

I did already sorry

Zenith bank
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
courage9:
We know the banks when dey do all these illegal deductions...
After donating billions to federal government, na customers go come suffer for am.

Highly unsecured network security system ??

Access bank grin
Re: It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers by OgeFather(m): 9:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
BossJamal:

Are you for real?

Modified:

Thanks so much for your advice, I did as you suggested and the bank reached out to me on tweeter and asked me to send my details and the transaction which I did immidielty but since then I've not heard from them nor gotten a reply

(1) (Reply)

15-year-old South African Girl Commits Suicide After Being Bullied At School / How Ahmed Gulak, Was Killed / Oyo Jailbreak: Two Prisoners Return After Starving For Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.