Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation (14992 Views)

FG, States, LGs Share ₦‎1.123 Trillion In March / FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share ₦606 Billion For April / FAAC: FG, States, Lgs Share N668.89b After Deadlock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by jaxxy(m): 5:32am On Jun 18, 2020
Hmmm
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by chrisxxx(m): 5:33am On Jun 18, 2020
gowonmaharajah:
while the oil - producing states received N 37.021 bn as derivation ( 13 per cent of mineral revenue ) .

I don't see any reasons why some SE states and Niger Delta shouldn't develop with all these monies.
grab your governors' balls and make them accountable. stop pining all blames on Buhari.
You don't seem to understand this as this statement looks ambiguous. The 37 billion to each state or cumulatively to all the oil producing states that are about 10 in number?
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by Kinematics: 5:34am On Jun 18, 2020
pol23:
All this states does is just pay salary...
No plan,no strategic investment to boost their IGR....
Even Lagos with the biggest IGR is just lucky due to the federal infrastructure when Lagos was the capital...Ever since 1999 no Government in Lagos state has done a major project... If Sanwolu can actually complete the monorail that will be the first major project since 1999...while the state has over N30 bn monthly IGR..it's a big slap on our face.
...[s]Sadly those oil rich state should bow their heads in shame too...
Comparing their monthly allocation With their size and population ,Oyo state shouldn't come close to any of them,but Sadly it's only Rivers that can stand with OYO...their governors will THIEF all the money and they will tell their indigenes its FG's Fault...
FG is bad,but with the huge allocations those Niger Delta state has,they should be able to function and run excellently without extra help from FG....
Lastly all those stupid local goverment chairman should be hang with their balls...
Alimosho LG in Lagos receives over N800,000,000.00 monthly and absolutely nothing to show for it... Eto-Osa receives over N450,000,000.00 and I haven't seen a single project by the local government in my over 5 years of living and working within this axis.
If we actually tackle this stupid people at the root,our problem will be half solved...
Last last....
Oyo state built the then tallest building in Africa (Cocoa house) with the proceeds from cocoa and other agricultural produce in 1965...Over 50 years ago... and now they can't even get N1 billion naira from Agriculture a month in 2020...The business that yielded so much money 50 years ago should almost be as big the Crude oil exports... I hope Seyi Makinde can revive that industry....
Crude oil in the Niger Delta region is the cause of our problem and it's a blessing with many CURSE...
Then we also have the Northern states that are nothing but a burden...
As poor as Zamfara state is,they allocated a billion naira for graveyard maintenance Sometimes last year..and I almost cry when I read the news...it's sad,it's sad,it's sad[/s].

Crude is your problem then tell your oyo government to stop running to FG monthly to collect allocation.
Since you feel the Niger Delta should be ashamed you oyo man should be more more ashamed for being unable to survive without the Niger Delta.

The Niger Delta bleed so that you can survive, you need to be thankful.
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by gowonmaharajah(m): 5:36am On Jun 18, 2020
chrisxxx:

You don't seem to understand this as this statement looks ambiguous. The 37 billion to each state or cumulatively to all the oil producing states that are about 10 in number?
smiles. The latter.

1 Like

Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by Femidfo: 5:41am On Jun 18, 2020
ok
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by AnyaoguW6(m): 5:46am On Jun 18, 2020
Join Bevely Foundation on there Instagram page to be part of there pandemic quiz program, any one who answered the quiz question will receive mobile recharge card. This quiz is conducted on Instagram @beverlyfoundation
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by Yemike(m): 5:53am On Jun 18, 2020
Kinematics:

Crude is your problem then tell your oyo government to stop running to FG monthly to collect allocation.
Since you feel the Niger Delta should be ashamed you oyo man should be more more ashamed for being unable to survive without the Niger Delta.

Read to comprehend bro, he's got some points you know.
There's nothing in His write-up that indicates he's an indigene of oyo state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by SmartPolician: 5:54am On Jun 18, 2020
DonMarkuzi:
Hold ur Govs accountable.

Really?

In Nigeria or Cameron?
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by livebyday(m): 6:02am On Jun 18, 2020
Now you see why this nation isn't going anywhere?
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by pol23: 6:07am On Jun 18, 2020
Kinematics:

Yes I'm ashamed of my government and your goverment as well...And Yes,I know the Niger delta bleeds,I've been there...I've seen things...I once worked as a join man on Total FPSO and every evening they will drop a small boat to take our leftovers to the nearby communities (the real owner of the oil)...with no portable water or any basic amenities ... it hurts me personally...And when the company try to help the communities...the chiefs are worst than sars ...killing the community .... it's sad my brother,but we all need needs to hold our government more responsible...and those called chiefs in your villages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by sesameq: 6:09am On Jun 18, 2020
Please be blaming tinubu and APC if you don't have light, good roads and water supply in your states
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by BABANGBALI: 6:13am On Jun 18, 2020
Ok now

Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by COMPAQ(m): 6:19am On Jun 18, 2020
gowonmaharajah:
while the oil - producing states received N 37.021 bn as derivation ( 13 per cent of mineral revenue ) .

I don't see any reasons why some SE states and Niger Delta shouldn't develop with all these monies.
grab your governors' balls and make them accountable. stop pining all blames on Buhari.

Well said. I've often said what we need are 36 good governors and not one good president. Isn't it strange that rivers state has mainly one major city and yet even in PH you wonder where revenues of last 30 years have gone.

1 Like

Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by 24SEVEN: 6:20am On Jun 18, 2020
georjay:
wait

FROM OIL PROCEEDS

Oil producing states received N 37.021bn as derivation ( 13% of mineral revenue)

However the cost of collection/Federal Inland revenue refund/Allocation to North East development commission was N 23.958bn.

THEN

FROM VAT

Cost of collection/Federal Inland revenue/Allocation to North East development commission was N 7.271bn

Does it mean that North East development commission received a total of 23.958 + 7.271 or 7.271 is part of the 23.958

On what grounds would the NEDC be getting this much

What is their contribution (revenue wise)

What are they rebuilding??

What is their benefit to this nation asides terrorism and religion extremism

Development can continue only after cessation of conflicts. But Boko Haram still dey cause havoc and destruction yet money is allocated to North East.

I tire for this country
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by Bimpe29: 6:22am On Jun 18, 2020
God help us, we can do better than this.
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by orisa37: 6:32am On Jun 18, 2020
Please let us have a clearer analysis by States e.g

STATE: EXECUTIVE: LEGISLATURE: JUDICIARY: TOTAL ALLOCATION.

That's how NO I was reporting. And this is more useful to other Services.

From Orunto27.
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 6:49am On Jun 18, 2020
I totally agree with all you've said but i have a problem with the last part in your write up. Back when the north pays all OUR bills from agriculture before crude oil it didn't see the rest of the region as a burden innit. Now how fair do you think you've sounded?
pol23:
Even Lagos with the biggest IGR is just lucky due to the federal infrastructure when Lagos was the capital...Ever since 1999 no Government in Lagos state has done a major project... If Sanwolu can actually complete the monorail that will be the first major project since 1999...while the state has over N30 bn monthly IGR..it's a big slap on our face.
...Sadly those oil rich state should bow their heads in shame too...
Comparing their monthly allocation With their size and population ,Oyo state shouldn't come close to any of them,but Sadly it's only Rivers that can stand with OYO...their governors will THIEF all the money and they will tell their indigenes its FG's Fault...
FG is bad,but with the huge allocations those Niger Delta state has,they should be able to function and run excellently without extra help from FG....
Lastly all those stupid local goverment chairman should be hang with their balls...
Alimosho LG in Lagos receives over N800,000,000.00 monthly and absolutely nothing to show for it... Eto-Osa receives over N450,000,000.00 and I haven't seen a single project by the local government in my over 5 years of living and working within this axis.
If we actually tackle this stupid people at the root,our problem will be half solved...
Last last....
Oyo state built the then tallest building in Africa (Cocoa house) with the proceeds from cocoa and other agricultural produce in 1965...Over 50 years ago... and now they can't even get N1 billion naira from Agriculture a month in 2020...The business that yielded so much money 50 years ago should almost be as big the Crude oil exports... I hope Seyi Makinde can revive that industry....
Crude oil in the Niger Delta region is the cause of our problem and it's a blessing with many CURSE...
As poor as Zamfara state is,they allocated a billion naira for graveyard maintenance Sometimes last year..and I almost cry when I read the news...it's sad,it's sad,it's sad.
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 6:54am On Jun 18, 2020
chrisxxx:

its not, really. 10 or 6 which ever, each state get atleast 4 billion extra.
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by wildernessVoice: 7:09am On Jun 18, 2020
As good as it sounds, road users get ready for high toll fees and increased in transport fare.
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by Sheriman(m): 7:33am On Jun 18, 2020
wildernessVoice:
As good as it sounds, road users get ready for high toll fees and increased in transport fare.
Transport fare done increase already
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by DamnnNiggarr: 7:42am On Jun 18, 2020
aliyuabbaashiru:
its not, really. 10 or 6 which ever, each state get atleast 4 billion extra.
They're 8 in number namely;

1, AKWAIBOM STATE,
2, DELTA STATE,
3, RIVER STATE,
4, My BAYELSA STATE,
5, EDO STATE,
6, IMO STATE,
7, ONDO STATE, and
8, ABIA STATE.

1 Like

Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by steveyoungwealth: 7:44am On Jun 18, 2020
It's really sad
pol23:
...Sadly those oil rich state should bow their heads in shame too...
Last last....
As poor as Zamfara state is,they allocated a billion naira for graveyard maintenance Sometimes last year..and I almost cry when I read the news...it's sad,it's sad,it's sad.
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by azpekuliar: 7:53am On Jun 18, 2020
Flyingngel:
All the 36 portfolio governors and their commissioners of finance has already finish sharing the money ; putting their eyes now on July own.
Niaja!!!!!!

cheesy That’s the gospel truth
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by Reex12(m): 8:05am On Jun 18, 2020
oya o looters food don land.lets wrk without results. if u know u know
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by ledaman: 8:07am On Jun 18, 2020
safarigirI:

Mehn this is serious trouble looming.
Last month witnessed a decline from 747 to 606 billion and now this.
Gosh some governors will use this as an excuse to slash salaries of civil servants while some won't even pay at all.
May God punish corona
It was increased to 747Billions last two because of University lecturers were being owed for 2months.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by ImpregnaTor(m): 8:07am On Jun 18, 2020
until we stop this monthly allocation nonsense, we are not ready for a rapid development.
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by ImpregnaTor(m): 8:10am On Jun 18, 2020
kkk
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by amosrich(m): 8:32am On Jun 18, 2020
Money don show...
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by SOJOSEPH(m): 8:38am On Jun 18, 2020
I can't any impacts of local governments in eti osa and Epe local government of Lagos stare.

Eg the only major road in ibeju Lekki is not motorable at awoyaya, Fara park, ibeju, etc. And this is a toll road
Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by otosa(m): 8:38am On Jun 18, 2020
safarigirI:

Mehn this is serious trouble looming.
Last month witnessed a decline from 747 to 606 billion and now this.
Gosh some governors will use this as an excuse to slash salaries of civil servants while some won't even pay at all.
May God punish corona
may God punish Corona or the system we are practicing?every state or region suppose to control her resources and develop on their own. This system will never take us to anywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by GEEBITE: 8:42am On Jun 18, 2020
Fallacy you have been fed with.The north never picked the bill of the south.In fact south was amalgamated with north to make up for the deficit the colonial masters were having running administration of the north(i.e to balance the books). Later at independence all the regions (North,West&East) were self running and semi autonomous and only paid taxes to the center.
aliyuabbaashiru:
I totally agree with all you've said but i have a problem with the last part in your write up. Back when the north pays all OUR bills from agriculture before crude oil it didn't see the rest of the region as a burden innit. Now how fair do you think you've sounded?

1 Like

Re: FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation by dumodust(m): 8:49am On Jun 18, 2020
GEEBITE:
Fallacy you have been fed with.The north never picked the bill of the south.In fact south was amalgamated with north to make up for the deficit the colonial masters were having running administration of the north(i.e to balance the books). Later at independence all the regions (North,West&East) were self running and semi autonomous and only paid taxes to the center.
Please continue to educate them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edu, Shehu Would Have Survived Under Buhari – Shehu Sani / Gunmen Kindap Idris Mohammed, Niger State Commissioner For Information / Election Shift: IPMAN Directs Members To Reduce Fuel Price To N140

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.