Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki (19778 Views)

Speaker Frank Okiye: Hope Uzodinma Wants To Forcefully Take Over Edo Assembly / Edo Speaker, Frank Okiye Dumps APC For PDP / Frank Okiye Tests Positive To Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by kahal29: 11:29pm On Jun 17, 2020
Speaker, Edo State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Frank Okiye, said he has not thought of resigning from the All Progressives Congress as a way of solidarizing with Gov. Godwin Obaseki and his deputy, Rt. Hon. Philip Shaibu, who resigned from the party on Tuesday.

Obaseki and his deputy, Shaibu had on Tuesday, while in Abuja, tendered their resignation letters to the party after the APC screaming committee disqualified the governor last week.

Okiye, however, said he has not made up his mind if he would also dump the APC.

He stated this while feeding questions from journalists shortly after an end of a ceremony to mark his one year in office as Speaker of the State House of Assembly.

According to him, ‘’I would have been very happy if the twenty-four members of the house were completed, I have only done my part and the power to call for another inauguration of the house goes beyond me. But I have always maintained a cordial relationship with the other members who have not been inaugurated.

‘’They are my friends and we have always talked and I will not deny the fact that each time we talked we try to reflect on the possibility of their coming back to be reinaugurated.

‘’For me, you know it is like official and I have done what I feel on behalf of the house, what I feel is in the best interest of the house. The decision to do otherwise is above me.

‘’We have done our own within the limit of our capacity, it is on record that 12 bills were received by the house during the period under review, six were assented to, two were passed into law and four are at different stages of consideration,” he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/06/17/ive-not-made-up-my-mind-to-dump-apc-like-gov-obaseki-edo-assembly-speaker/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by Poloyanabo2(m): 11:36pm On Jun 17, 2020
Obaseki's next move is uncertain, when he makes up his mind, defection will be very easy for others...
As for now its status quo.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by kahal29: 11:37pm On Jun 17, 2020
Do fast nah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by icebird25(m): 11:37pm On Jun 17, 2020
See how that one dey book space as if seun go pay you put

2 Likes

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by Flyingngel(m): 11:51pm On Jun 17, 2020
Obaseki is not certain that PDP will hand over the ticket to him on a platter of gold knowing fully well that other aspirants will revolt and such will be detrimental to PDP success.
Thus he has to undergo series of consultation to clam would be fray nerves and also negotiate financial returns with all those concern.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by LudaChriz(m): 11:52pm On Jun 17, 2020
Remain there and scatter things for APC

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by internationalman(m): 12:16am On Jun 18, 2020
Obaseki like make he join FP(fresh party) I will still vote for him twice on election day..

I can't wait for him to finish off Kabaka and his Godfather, Oshiomole

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by slivertongue: 12:57am On Jun 18, 2020
this guys are playing mind game with APC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by babyfaceafrica: 3:34am On Jun 18, 2020
Super story
Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 18, 2020
Timbers
Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:45am On Jun 18, 2020
Hopefully Wike's PDP or Rotimi Amaechi's faction of APC rescues him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by Basher8583: 4:48am On Jun 18, 2020
slivertongue:
this guys are playing mind game with APC

They are feather weights in politics

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by michlins(m): 4:50am On Jun 18, 2020
Him no want rush his decision because he doesn't know what the future holds for him. That's ok

1 Like

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by DEHVEHLOP(m): 4:51am On Jun 18, 2020
This one wise...

E. No be like Obaseki wen turn hìn name to Ogbuefy overnight...

Power of 5% only manifest in the faceless online platforms

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by Bighead9: 4:52am On Jun 18, 2020
Better people dey talk, this one self dey talk. grin grin grin

You and Ugly Obaseki are nobody. grin

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by OVB123: 4:55am On Jun 18, 2020
It is oshiomhole impulsiveness and over bearing attitude that cost this political quamire, attrition and catatony. I think after obaseki and shuaibu said good-bye to APC, it's the turn of the speaker and members of edo state house of assembly to say good-bye.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by Cof1ex(m): 4:57am On Jun 18, 2020
What exactly does it take to make up your mind? Enyia get sense ooo, we have a lot to deal with now, if you like go join arewa youth. Nonsecreble!!
Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by adenigga(m): 4:59am On Jun 18, 2020
icebird25:
See how that one dey book space as if seun go pay you put

lol

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by BafanaBafana: 4:59am On Jun 18, 2020
the way some people are masturbating over this APC crisis reminds me of the time when Saraki and his gang decamped to pdp. That was how they were jubilating, we all know what happend after that.
Wailers never learn

Mr. speaker look well please, don't follow someone blindly into political oblivion

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by Jh0wsef(m): 5:01am On Jun 18, 2020
lol
Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by cryptotech: 5:01am On Jun 18, 2020
ok
Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by oblylola: 5:02am On Jun 18, 2020
Which time u no go follow am
Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by Wickedfacts: 5:04am On Jun 18, 2020
This one has more sense than Obaseki.
Eventually, it is NCDC party that would give Obaseki ticket.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by jaxxy(m): 5:06am On Jun 18, 2020
No need to rush...
Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by KenModi(m): 5:08am On Jun 18, 2020
DEHVEHLOP:
This one wise...

E. No be like Obaseki wen turn hìn name to Ogbuefy overnight...

Power of 5% only manifest in the faceless online platforms

Tribalism kee you dia!

Why una dey refuse to outgrow certain things enn??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by gambia(m): 5:10am On Jun 18, 2020
Wayo Man.
Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by Badonasty(m): 5:13am On Jun 18, 2020
Oga move...follow your godfather

1 Like

Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by princeade86(m): 5:13am On Jun 18, 2020
Even if u don't, u will be a mole in apc for obaseki.
Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by Sweetcollins: 5:14am On Jun 18, 2020
Re: Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 18, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jangebe abduction: "We Will Not Succumb To Blackmail" - Buhari Warns Bandits / Anambra Election: US Threatens Visa Ban Against Troublemakers / DSS Arrests Masterminds Of Imo INEC Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.