Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Covid-19 Pandemic: For The Fear Of The Law Or For The Fear Of The Virus Itself - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19 Pandemic: For The Fear Of The Law Or For The Fear Of The Virus Itself (139 Views)

Prepare For A Pandemic Worse Than COVID-19 - WHO Chief, Tedros / Level Of Compliance On Social Distancing In Delta Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / Coronavirus: LASG Says There Is No Case Of The Virus In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19 Pandemic: For The Fear Of The Law Or For The Fear Of The Virus Itself by Driggs: 8:32am On Jun 18, 2020
For a virus that has claimed over 100,000 lives and still counting, I am still in awe of the evidences my dear Nigerians still need to adhere to social distancing and safe keeping rules.
Well, I am never one to campaign for the need to stay locked down in one's house given the government of the day has made little or no effort to ensure the welfare and wellbeing of the masses who makes up about 70% of the entire populace- the Donald trump led state gave each citizen a whooping 500,000 Naira (had to convert it because we no longer appreciate the true dollar value) but back home in the land of hope, all I've seen in the news anyway are audio palliatives which can barely feed a family of four for a week.
So, I do admonish everyone to step out and work and earn a living but this should be done with caution and regard for the pandemic.

Lagos has so far recorded over 7000 cases and close to 50 deaths but do Lagosians care? It's only a figure that the average person thinks was made up.
Have you seen one person who died from Covid-19? Do you have a relative you've lost because of it? Are you yourself suffering from the virus? These are the questions I get everyday when I ask my fellow country people why they shun safekeeping acts like wearing facemask and social distancing.
I was in a yellow danfo the other day and was surprised to see the conductor flout the danfo sitting rules. There was supposed to be 2 on a seat and Maximum of 8 people in the bus but we were about 15 (I was in a hurry for a meeting and I risk being evicted if I dare protest). With everyone wearing their nose mask under their chin. Interestingly, Lastma guys were sighted from far off and something remarkable occured. "Please put your nose mask in your nose everyone", the conductor yelled and in the blink of an eye, everyone swung to action. I was amazed. The Lastma that was supposed to ensure that the bus wasn't filled to the brim got a stipend to keep quiet and keep quiet he did (Police are now in Lastma uniform too). Everyone, well except myself then put back the nose mask where it belongs-the chin after the rickety bus undertook 2-gear-change away from the uniformed men.
So, jokingly, I asked the conductor why he beckoned on the passengers to use their face mask rightly and he asked if I had a 10,000 fine and a lot of "abeg sir" to do.
I just looked away or what do marlians do?

It's the same behaviour in market places, public places, banks, malls, bet centres and as a matter of fact, hospitals.
A "no nose mask, no entry" caution is boldly written at the entrance but as long as you have one under your chin or in your hand, you're good to go. Security guys are even making a kill out if it. You must buy one only to put it under your chin.
The virus is deadly. I read a tweet by a US nurse who claimed that even after surviving the virus, the after-effects are hazardous as you may be left needing a new kidney, become diabetic or more hypertensive.

It's not necessary you see, watch or know someone with the virus before you take your own health seriously.
Think about your loves ones- how would you feel if you found out you're responsible for their demise?

Please place the nose mask on your face and make sure it covers your nose and mouth at all times. Wash your hand regularly and kindly keep safe.

God bless Nigeria. GOD HEAL THE WORLD.

As penned by Temitope Steve.
Re: Covid-19 Pandemic: For The Fear Of The Law Or For The Fear Of The Virus Itself by Driggs: 8:33am On Jun 18, 2020
Lalasticlala please push to front-page for people to learn

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: 3 Essential Items You Must Know / Why Jogging Can Be An Excellent Reduction For Prostatitis? / Get This Amazing Natural Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.