Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) (846 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? / Share Your Favorite Christmas Songs As You Wish A Nairalander Merry Xmas / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ashimolowo's Allegations: "I Didn't Beat My Ex-Wife" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by Rilwayne001: 9:49am On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:
Nope, I don't think evil is necessary.

I think I know where the problem comes from, what is your definition of EVIL? Or simply, what's your knowledge of it?

I've said that he can be all wise and all whatever else he's, the argument here is about one of the attributes of God which is "all-good".

So if I say, someone is tall, but not just tall, he's got long legs too. What would be rational is basing your questions solely on why he has long legs alone?

Or perhaps you didn't even understand what wisdom is? Your matter tire me oh undecided undecided

I can counter all other attributes of your God, but we're focusing on All-good.

It doesn't make sense to single out one of His attributes. It's just like saying you can attack my personality solely based on my hands alone. You don't have any business with my brain because my was is not the part of me that's typing this. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

You can't single out one His attributes and say you're "Focusing" on it. You have to put into consideration similar attributes for which they got in tandem together.

I used a pen as example, a pen can be all long, all beautiful and all blue ink and many other attributes but what happens when the pen writes black ink, is it part of it nature too?

The pen, if it has wisdom, may choose to write black, to fit in a scenario where black color is necessary. You possibly can't know what the pen is capable of. Could even write red where necessary. Does not stop the color from being blue, but has has enough wisdom to know where and where not to stick to blue color.

Is evil part of God's nature even when he's all wise?

It depends on what you define to be evil. You need to refer back to my earlier post on this quote.

If the father is all-sweet giver, if he deprive giving the child sweet then he cannot be all-sweet giver because he has limit to his attributes and sense of not giving sweet.

This doesn't make sense. Your dad has enough money to buy as much sweet as he can to satisfy your desire for what you term "GOOD" (eating plenty sweet everyday) as a 2YEAR OLD BOY. The very fact that he doesn't want you do this thing that you presumed to be GOOD, when actually bad in the Long run is what my argument is all about. This is very simple and logical if you'll give room for reason.

Or let's do it this way, if the father is all-sweet giver, can he give the child bitters?

Perfect. Check this:

My grandma used to give me very bitter agbo when I was a kid. She'd bring it in bottle whenever she comes to our house. I never really liked her whenever she brings it because I thought she just enjoyed seeing us looking bitter after taking the agbo.

As a TWO YEAR OLD BOY, assuming you were provided with an option to take 3 sachet of sweet + 2 biscuits, or for you to take 2 sachet of sweet + 1 bottle of agbo, honestly tintingz, which do you think you would you pick??

Your answer to this^^ should bury this argument easily.

And does too much goodness put one in danger?

You need to tell me your understand of goodness and evil.

Lol, even if wisdom is added to the premise how does it change anything?
P1. God is all-good and all-wise
P2. Evil exist
Q. Is God all-good for evil to exist?

Wisdom dictates that taking agbo and sweet, as a two year old boy reduces constipation and less sugar in the body system. But goodness to a two year old boy is eating sweets and more sweet with biscuit, and never taking agbo because agbo is bitter.

Can you honestly see the difference?

So evil exist and NECESSARY for God, how does the all-wise attribute of God further maintain that God is all-good? Where and how does evil come into existence In the present of an all-good God?Possible logical answer is,
1. God love evil or evil is part of God's nature
2. Evil is independent and God cannot do anything to stop it. you have any counter-argument for this?

Wisdom dictates that we pick the argument from scratch which we've failed to do. We need to reach a consensus on what's evil and what's good.

I actually know what human anatomy is and I said every specie are special in their nature and you said that's not what you're talking about then you showed me pic of human body part, so what exactly is the argument here?

Other specie are special too. I just decided to pick human. Do you think there's nothing special anatomy of a gorilla?
Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by tintingz(m): 10:16am On Jun 19, 2020
Rilwayne001:

I think I know where the problem comes from, what is your definition of EVIL? Or simply, what's your knowledge of it?
There are two types of evil, natural evil and the one human do.

Evil In this sense doesn't promote well-being.

So if I say, someone is tall, but not just tall, he's got long legs too. What would be rational is basing your questions solely on why he has long legs alone?

Or perhaps you didn't even understand what wisdom is? Your matter tire me oh undecided undecided
Oh goodness.

It doesn't make sense to single out one of His attributes. It's just like saying you can attack my personality solely based on my hands alone. You don't have any business with my brain because my was is not the part of me that's typing this. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

You can't single out one His attributes and say you're "Focusing" on it. You have to put into consideration similar attributes for which they got in tandem together.
Wether I single out one attributes or not, it's doesn't change anything in the premise.

The pen, if it has wisdom, may choose to write black, to fit in a scenario where black color is necessary. You possibly can't know what the pen is capable of. Could even write red where necessary. Does not stop the color from being blue, but has has enough wisdom to know where and where not to stick to blue color.
Good, if an ALL-blue ink pen can write black ink, does it have black ink too?

I'm not saying the pen cannot be blue if it has black ink, it cannot be ALL-blue ink, understand the argument.

My argument is base on absolutism of "ALL" or "OMNI".

It depends on what you define to be evil. You need to refer back to my earlier post on this quote.
Answered.

This doesn't make sense. Your dad has enough money to buy as much sweet as he can to satisfy your desire for what you term "GOOD" (eating plenty sweet everyday) as a 2YEAR OLD BOY. The very fact that he doesn't want you do this thing that you presumed to be GOOD, when actually bad in the Long run is what my argument is all about. This is very simple and logical if you'll give room for reason.
You're confusing yourself, if the sweet here means good, does that mean good is bad too?

You still don't get, if the father is ALL-sweet giver, he will always give sweet because he's ABSOLUTE with it and if he deprived a child from the sweet then he cannot be ALL-sweet giver because he has limit and has sense of not giving sweet. He's still a sweet giver but not ALL-sweet giver.

Kindly check the definition of OMNI.

Perfect. Check this:

My grandma used to give me very bitter agbo when I was a kid. She'd bring it in bottle whenever she comes to our house. I never really liked her whenever she brings it because I thought she just enjoyed seeing us looking bitter after taking the agbo.

As a TWO YEAR OLD BOY, assuming you were provided with an option to take 3 sachet of sweet + 2 biscuits, or for you to take 2 sachet of sweet + 1 bottle of agbo, honestly tintingz, which do you think you would you pick??

Your answer to this^^ should bury this argument easily.

Smh.

Let's assume the grandma is an ALL-sweet candy seller, can she sell bitters?

You need to tell me your understand of goodness and evil.
Goodness associated with well-being, evil is the opposite.

Wisdom dictates that taking agbo and sweet, as a two year old boy reduces constipation and less sugar in the body system. But goodness to a two year old boy is eating sweets and more sweet with biscuit, and never taking agbo because agbo is bitter.

Can you honestly see the difference?

Wisdom dictates that we pick the argument from scratch which we've failed to do. We need to reach a consensus on what's evil and what's good.

The grandma is wise, has knowledge and she's ALL-candy seller, if she sell bitters because of her wisdom, is she still ALL-sweet seller?

Other specie are special too. I just decided to pick human. Do you think there's nothing special anatomy of a gorilla?
Like I said all specie are special in their nature. Yes the anatomy of gorilla is special.
Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by Rilwayne001: 10:32am On Jun 19, 2020
Wow!!! cheesy grin grin grin grin ^^^^your fellow atheist brethrens on this thread should see your hypocrisy and illogicals by now. Lmao!

Have a nice day padi mi
Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by tintingz(m): 10:40am On Jun 19, 2020
Rilwayne001:
Wow!!! cheesy grin grin grin grin ^^^^your fellow atheist brethrens on this thread should see your hypocrisy and illogicals by now. Lmao!

Have a nice day padi mi

Stop this red herring and point out the hypocrisy there.

I assume you can see how absurd the concept of OMNI/ALL is with God.
Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by Rilwayne001: 10:45am On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:

Stop this red herring and point out the hypocrisy there.
I assume you can see how absurd the concept of OMNI/ALL is with God.

Yeah. The logic you've displayed so far isn't absurd. Mine has been ridiculous and really absurd. Lmao grin I asked what's your definition and understanding of evil, your reply was, there are two types of evil. WTF! Is that the right answer? Lol. But of course there's logic and nothing absurd in whatever you relay here. cheesy cheesy grin

I just hope your atheists brothers on this thread is see the type of empty illogical keg that you're.. LOL.

Have a nice day oh smiley wink

1 Like

Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by Xmuslim: 10:49am On Jun 19, 2020
While I don't like the evils that's happening on our planet, I don't really care much about it and it can't lead me out of Islam per se.

My real issue with Allah is the promise of eternal hell to anyone that doesn't believe in Islam. Like wtf undecided

And Allah did not make any effort to guide people to Islam.

He allowed Bible to be currupt Ed according to Muslim claim

He allowed people to be born in Japan, the Netherlands and other countries where there is little or no chance for such children to die as a Muslim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by tintingz(m): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2020
Rilwayne001:

Yeah. The logic you've displayed so far isn't absurd. Mine has been ridiculous and really absurd. Lmao grin I asked what's your definition and understanding of evil, your reply was, there are two types of evil. WTF! Is that the right answer? Lol. But of course there's logic and nothing absurd in whatever you relay here. cheesy cheesy grin

I just hope your atheists brothers on this thread is see the type of empty illogical keg that you're.. LOL.

Have a nice day oh smiley wink

Lol the dishonesty in this post, so in my post you didn't see my understanding of evil?

I even define it twice.

-Evil In this sense doesn't promote well-being.

-Goodness associated with well-being, evil is the opposite.
https://www.nairaland.com/5934576/what-did-wish-allah-didnt/1#90834227

And yes there are two types of evil, natural evil e.g natural disasters, diseases and the second one is human evil.

If you want to find an escape route at least find a good reason to run away.
Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by Rilwayne001: 10:57am On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:

If you want to find an escape route at least find a good reason to run away.

You obviously can see me running away with tail between my legs, can't you? Hahahaha grin grin yadayada.

Maybe I'll come back when I see your atheist brothers weigh up on what we've discussed so far. But continuing despite all these your feign of ignorance? Nahh! And yes I've taken the escape route. Running away that is..LOL

1 Like

Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by tintingz(m): 10:57am On Jun 19, 2020
Xmuslim:
While I don't like the evils that's happening on our planet, I don't really care much about it and it can't lead me out of Islam per se.

My real issue with Allah is the promise of eternal hell to anyone that doesn't believe in Islam. Like wtf undecided

And Allah did not make any effort to guide people to Islam.

He allowed Bible to be currupt Ed according to Muslim claim

He allowed people to be born in Japan, the Netherlands and other countries where there is little or no chance for such children to die as a Muslim

If an attributes of God is contradictory then something is wrong.

Reason there are problems of Evil, omnipotence, omni-scient etc in philosophy.
Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by tintingz(m): 11:01am On Jun 19, 2020
Rilwayne001:

You obviously can see me running away with tail between my legs, can't you? Hahahaha grin grin yadayada.

Maybe I'll come back when I see your atheist brothers weigh up on what we've discussed so far. But continuing despite all these your feign of ignorance? Nahh! And yes I've taken the escape route. Running away that is..LOL

Oh well since you realize your claims has been dismantled, well what next...?

...Keep running away. grin
Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by tintingz(m): 11:09am On Jun 19, 2020
Rilwayne001 has been cornered. cool

He said a wise ALL-blue ink pen can write black ink, so which means the ALL-blue pen has black ink too(then the pen cannot be all blue). So God has evil.

I guess he realize he has flopped. grin grin
Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by Rilwayne001: 11:20am On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:
Rilwayne001 has been cornered. coolHe said a wise ALL-blue ink pen can write black ink, so which means the ALL-blue pen has black ink too(then the pen cannot be all blue). So God has evil.
I guess he realize he has flopped. grin grin

Is this how you're consoling yourself now? grin grin grin grin

Did you answer my question on 2sweet+biscuit or 2 sweet + agbo? Oh yeah your brain would have opened had you answered it. But of course you don't want it to open grin grin

Your atheist brothers must be ashamed of you cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by tintingz(m): 11:45am On Jun 19, 2020
Rilwayne001:

Is this how you're consoling yourself now? grin grin grin grin

Did you answer my question on 2sweet+biscuit or 2 sweet + agbo? Oh yeah your brain would have opened had you answered it. But of course you don't want it to open grin grin

Your atheist brothers must be ashamed of you cheesy grin

The All-sweet giver grandma give agbo? Yes right?
Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by Tomiwa69(m): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2020
Rilwayne001:

Did you take into cognizance my allegory of the carpenter and the chair?
A chair has no consciousness remember...u can claim to be superior and treat a dog as u Like.. It might later come back to bite u

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by IMAliyu(m): 5:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
I don't think anything comes to mind that hasn't been said already.

But maybe the idea that you should love Allah and Muhammad.
It may just be me, but I have issues with the idea of love I don't even know if I love my parents or not and I'm suppose to feel love for those I've never met physically or interacted with?
Isn't it enough to just follow their instructions, why must I love them?
To feel love for them would mean I have to create an imaginary scenario in my head where I have a positive relationship with them, or I know them personally.
You can't instruct someone to feel something for you.
You could love a character in a story maybe, but not because the author is making you love the character, but the character's personality and actions resonates with you on some level, but in this case it's still just imaginary.
Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by Sheunma: 7:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
Xmuslim:
seems you are a lady
No. But I think the idea that the worth of people's testimony being determined by the nature of sex organs, sex organs that they didn't choose for themselves in the first place, is beneath a supposed creator of the universe.
Re: What Did You Wish Allah Didn't Legislate (honest Opinion) by Tohsynetita1: 1:38am On Jun 20, 2020
YOU CAN DIVIDE WITHOUT CALCULATORS, EXAM WRITERS TAKE NOTE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XJNOx7BFYU

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lord Chosen Pastor Wife Passed On / Thousands Of Emmanuel Tv Fans Move Away Joyfully From Dstv To Hd Decoders / Lets Know More About Qur'an And Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.