Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country (729 Views)

Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. / It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by Sanusiaderoju12(m): 2:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
My friend told me he has one boss working in one big company in Nigeria earning over #250,000 monthly. Despite this huge salary, this man still decided to resign & left Nigeria with his family (wife & 2 kids)to Canada. He asked his boss why he took such step despite the fact that he's doing fine in Nigeria, he was amazed with the response of his boss, the man said "I DID IT FOR MY KIDS". Does that mean he sees no future for his kids here? Does that mean there's nothing to hope on here? Does that mean the man is not being patriotic? Too many questions running through my mind on that.
Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
Yes there is no future in Nigeria. 250k salary cannot give you quality life in a serene environment in Nigeria. I know people on 800k that still left for canada. School fees too is high with nothing to show for at the end. Nigeria is a time bomb waiting to explode. Buhari has been taking loans upon loans with no means to pay. Oil is losing value daily and will be useless in future our government is doing nothing to diversify. In this same Nigeria some parents spent 3m to 4m on their kids for private uni yet no job or some are on 50k to 80k jobs. Many youths are now selling shoes, bags, jewelry bitcoin and other stuff online due to no tangible work. All the rich in Nigeria have their kids abroad or gave birth to them there for citizenship. They know Nigeria is hopeless.

9 Likes

Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by Kenny242(m): 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
No hope at all
Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by Jayson504(m): 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by fwallex4truth: 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
Nigeria = Doomed!

Kekereekun123:
Yes there is no future in Nigeria. 250k salary cannot give you quality life in a serene environment in Nigeria. I know people on 800k that still left for canada. School fees too is high with nothing to show for at the end. Nigeria is a time bomb waiting to explode. Buhari has been taking loans upon loans with no means to pay. Oil is losing value daily and will be useless in future our government is doing nothing to diversify. In this same Nigeria some parents spent 3m to 4m on their kids for private uni yet no job or some are on 50k to 80k jobs. Many youths are now selling shoes, bags, jewelry bitcoin and other stuff online due to no tangible work. All the rich in Nigeria have their kids abroad or gave birth to them there for citizenship. They know Nigeria is hopeless.
Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by Perfumista1(f): 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2020
Kekereekun123:

Sauvage response
Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by 080bjaked(m): 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
Sanusiaderoju12:

My friend told me he has one boss working in one big company in
Nigeria earning over #250,000 monthly. Despite this huge salary,
this man still decided to resign & left Nigeria with his family (wife
& 2 kids)to Canada. He asked his boss why he took such step
despite the fact that he's doing fine in Nigeria, he was amazed with
the response of his boss, the man said "I DID IT FOR MY KIDS".
Does that mean he sees no future for his kids here?
Does that mean there's nothing to hope on here?
Does that mean the man is not being patriotic?
Too many questions running through my mind on that.

Did you just put 250k monthly net and 'Huge' in the same sentence? Boss, most Banks' new entrants (full staff) earn around that already and that's just $555 or so .....anyways, I know people that earn about 1m per month (net) and are leaving for Canada. What people actually want is not plenty cash in their pockets (atleast no primarily). People just want a sane environment, working gov't, stable economy, steady power supply, ability to plan their lives without funny distractions, security, respectable jobs and most importantly a better life for their children.
So if I may advise you my friend, even if you earn 2m per month, relocate your family to a sane country, your children will pray for you bacause of that someday.

5 Likes

Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by Kenn55: 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
Sanusiaderoju12:

Anyway, i won't say there is no future because i don't want to be a carrier of bad news.

However, it is a simple analysis.
I don't know how old you are but....... If you can

Look back at Nigeria 20 years ago,
Now, look at Nigeria today
How do you see Nigeria 20 years from now based on yesterday and today? There lies your answer cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2020
Does a country that spends 98 percent of its revenue on servicing debts look like a country with a future. The worst is yet to come o. If you get a chance to japa, japa.

3 Likes

Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 18, 2020
Just JP when you can
Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by Snaagg(m): 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
Sanusiaderoju12:

You call N250000 a "huge salary"? I hope you realise this approx $645 a month lipsrsealed
Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by Gerrard59(m): 8:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
Snaagg:

You call N250000 a "huge salary"? I hope you realise this approx $645 a month lipsrsealed

It's dependent on the location. 250K is huge in Kwara or Kogi state. Not every Nlder resides in Abuja, PH or Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by 9icest: 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hmm
Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by 9icest: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
I know people who have lived in Europe and America for decades who returned to Nigeria to start a business and they are saying it is the best decision they’ve ever made. Yearly we curse and say Nigeria is a zoo yet thousands of Americans, Canadians, Germans and Asians flood Nigeria to work. I have a boss who worked for Mobile and he has built three houses in Lekki, Lagos and his investment is today worth over $1 million USD. My boss is just 45 years old.
I know a friend who lives in Canada who doesn’t have $1,000 after paying his bills at the end of the month and he’s also 40. It all depends on what you see—and that is why Dangote, Otedola, Davido, Dbanj and even successful small business owners like my respected Ibo brothers hustle and still return home to establish good businesses.
Like I earlier said, it depends on what you are looking for. If you can build a successful career, own a house in respectable environment, travel for vocation, build good retirement investments, and marry a good woman; I wonder if in Canada you will accomplish far more.
For someone who has been to over 5 countries, I just see Nigerians serving these countries with our brains, and earning to only pay for rent, food and others. I seriously doubt any Nigerian with a 100% legit business can live a big life even in these countries...
My 2 cents sha. I could be totally wrong...

1 Like

Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
9icest:
I know people who have lived in Europe and America for decades who returned to Nigeria to start a business and they are saying it is the best decision they’ve ever made. Yearly we curse and say Nigeria is a zoo yet thousands of Americans, Canadians, Germans and Asians flood Nigeria to work. I have a boss who worked for Mobile and he has built three houses in Lekki, Lagos and his investment is today worth over $1 million USD. My boss is just 45 years old.
I know a friend who lives in Canada who doesn’t have $1,000 after paying his bills at the end of the month and he’s also 40. It all depends on what you see—and that is why Dangote, Otedola, Davido, Dbanj and even successful small business owners like my respected Ibo brothers hustle and still return home to establish good businesses.
Like I earlier said, it depends on what you are looking for. If you can build a successful career, own a house in respectable environment, travel for vocation, build good retirement investments, and marry a good woman; I wonder if in Canada you will accomplish far more.
For someone who has been to over 5 countries, I just see Nigerians serving these countries with our brains, and earning to only pay for rent, food and others. I seriously doubt any Nigerian with a 100% legit business can live a big life even in these countries...

I know this comment will be there. The thing with business and entrepreneurship is that is not only in Nigeria you can do it. Is there a law stopping immigrants from doing business in Canada or USA. Indians and Chinese go there and start businesses that grow to be billion dollar corporations but Nigerians aren't doing same. Bros it's even easier to do business in those countries than here.

There's rule of law.
The infrastructure is superb.
The people are rich and have the money to spend. Seriously white people have so much money it's insane. There's absolutely nothing you can't sell to them.

But in Nigeria,
There's no rule of law.
There's no infrastructure. Bad roads, bad electricity, no security everything zero.
Nigerians are so poor. Nigeria is now the poverty capital of the world. An average Nigerian home spends 70 percent of their income on food leaving room for nothing else. Many companies have left Nigeria between 2015 and now. By the time Buhari is done with Nigeria, it will be a jungle. The most painful thing is that Nigeria is not even at it's worse. The next 20 years will spell doom for Nigeria if nothing drastic is done to revive it's economy.

4 Likes

Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by mamatwiny(f): 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2020
As a PR In some of those countries, you don't think about your basic needs cos govt cares. How much your country share as palliative?

1 Like

Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by Gerrard59(m): 9:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
9icest:
I know people who have lived in Europe and America for decades who returned to Nigeria to start a business and they are saying it is the best decision they’ve ever made.
I know a friend who lives in Canada who doesn’t have $1,000 after paying his bills at the end of the month and he’s also 40. It all depends on what you see—and that is why Dangote, Otedola, Davido, Dbanj and even successful small business owners like my respected Ibo brothers hustle and still return home to establish good businesses..

I think the major reason you have such belief is because of the quality of migrants who left Nigeria many years ago and route they used to migrate. No one said Nigerians shouldn't be entrepreneurs after all there are many successful Indians and Chinese entrepreneurs in developed countries. This new crop of people emigrating are using different but more structured routes to migrate and at the same time obtaining quality education as they progress. Certainly, the outcome will be different in say thirty years time. Although, I agree with you that there will be more multimillionaires and billionaires in Nigeria than in western countries, which is largely due to probability.

2 Likes

Re: Those It Mean That There Is No Future In This Country by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
9icest:
No bro you're wrong
Most people don't go abroad cause they want to be rich many just want a peaceful environment
Don't you like it when you drive your Lexus Jeep and you didn't enter any potholes from your place of work to your house
Don't you like it when you watch interesting movies and electricity is not interrupted
When you travel from State to state in abroad there's no fear of being kidnapped but here reverse is the case so bro don't look at it that way
If I enter USA tomorrow I didn't go cause I want to be rich I went there purposely because I want to live a peaceful and sane life

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

UK Tier 5 Visa Application / How To Move To Uk As An Investor??? / What Will Happen If Everyone In Nigeria Was Taken To Canada Overnight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.