Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

What Is Software Engineering And Software Development? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is Software Engineering And Software Development? (818 Views)

What Is Software Quality Assurance? / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa / Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Software Engineering And Software Development? by flexit: 1:22am On Jun 19, 2020
Software engineering is the process of analyzing user needs and then designing, constructing, and testing end user applications that will satisfy these needs through the use of software programming languages.

It is the application of engineering principles to software development. In contrast to simple programming, software engineering is used for larger and more complex software systems, which are used as critical systems for businesses and organizations.

Typical formal definitions of software engineering are: “the application of a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the development, operation, and maintenance of software. Software engineering is relatively a new area of engineering though, but the scope of software engineering is extremely broad. Being one of the prominent branches of the field of Engineering, it’s growing among the fastest fields in the world today.

It must be noted that the term software development can be used for every type of software development whether it’s as simple as visual basic for applications Modules for Microsoft Word, Excel or Access or developing large, expensive and complicated applications for businesses or creating software for gaming entertainment.

Software engineers are the computer programming professionals. It’s worth mentioning that a software engineer is also a programmer, as he writes codes, but a programmer may not be called a software engineer, because in the former case, one needs to have a formal education.

Besides, a software engineer is the one who follows a systematic process that leads to understanding the requirements, working with teams and various professionals in order to create the application software or components or modules that fulfill the specific needs of the users successfully; whereas a computer programmer can work independently, as he understands algorithms and knows how to create codes following the specifications given by the software engineers.

See full post here https://fortranhouse.com/blog/2019/07/01/what-is-software-engineering-and-its-importance-in-our-daily-life/
Re: What Is Software Engineering And Software Development? by CodeTemplar: 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2020
In Naija, once they determine you studied computer something or something related to computer, you become jack of all computer trades.

1 Like

Re: What Is Software Engineering And Software Development? by Kuna123: 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
Hi, I think that now the age of technology and at the moment work in this field is and is the most paid, personally I have long dreamed to work in this field, at the moment I have learned several programming languages such as js or python at the middle level, at the moment when I knew only js I had problems with work, I just could not find an employer, I sent my forms and worked on freelance, but since I successfully found work I can not help you, I recommend the company https://careery.pro/blog/how-to-get-a-software-engineering-job these guys who helped me find work if u don`t know how to get a software engineering job with no experience u need to write him

(1) (Reply)

Full Stack Developer In Need Of A Job / Building An API In Node.js And Taking It Live On A VPS / The Graphics Training Center In Umuahia: Softicu Tech Hub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.