Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Help On Dashboard Warnings - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help On Dashboard Warnings (1153 Views)

Honda Accord All Light On Dashboard / Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers / See The Typical Dashboard Of Danfos In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Dashboard Warnings by Princecanada: 9:05am On Jun 19, 2020
Dear Nairalanders,

I recently posted that I got a Honda Accord 09. The car drives well, travelled from Lagos to Abuja, and from Abuja to North west.

Car was serviced before departure from Abuja to Kaduna, and was delivered on Saturday. Checked engine oil on Sunday morning, there was oil but very little. Drove out on Sunday, returned and parked car. Next day, there was no engine oil in the engine after morning check. There were some droplets of oil on the floor but too little. Called a mechanic who went under the engine and said it's the oil seals, and need to be replaced. He said he will have to bring down the engine before replacing the oil seals. Paid him for replacement of oil seals and changing of engine oil. He returned the car the next day. Car still drives well but I noticed some changes. Car vibrates when you engage gear when the AC is on but doesn't when AC is off. He said the engine seats are very ok and that I should see an AC technician. Though the car doesn't vibrate with AC on when driving. The check engine light came up on the dashboard after the replacement of oil seals. I still notice some tiny droplets of oil on the floor when car is parked overnight. Car drives fine and well but I don't want to ignore the dashboard signs.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Re: Help On Dashboard Warnings by Patented: 9:21am On Jun 19, 2020
Get someone skilled to scan your vehicle. This would help eliminate trial and error

1 Like

Re: Help On Dashboard Warnings by Patented: 9:22am On Jun 19, 2020
Get someone skilled to scan your vehicle. This would help eliminate trial and error. Not just someone who will list out error codes for you ooooo. Someone who knows how to properly interprete codes and understands the possible relationships between codes.

1 Like

Re: Help On Dashboard Warnings by Princecanada: 9:26am On Jun 19, 2020
Patented:
Get someone skilled to scan your vehicle. This would help eliminate trial and error. Not just someone who will list out error codes for you ooooo. Someone who knows how to properly interprete codes and understands the possible relationships between codes.

Many thanks Sir. I don't know if I will be able to find someone with the tools and skills here. I will ask around.
Re: Help On Dashboard Warnings by Lexusgs430: 12:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
Princecanada:
Dear Nairalanders,

I recently posted that I got a Honda Accord 09. The car drives well, travelled from Lagos to Abuja, and from Abuja to North west.

Car was serviced before departure from Abuja to Kaduna, and was delivered on Saturday. Checked engine oil on Sunday morning, there was oil but very little. Drove out on Sunday, returned and parked car. Next day, there was no engine oil in the engine after morning check. There were some droplets of oil on the floor but too little. Called a mechanic who went under the engine and said it's the oil seals, and need to be replaced. He said he will have to bring down the engine before replacing the oil seals. Paid him for replacement of oil seals and changing of engine oil. He returned the car the next day. Car still drives well but I noticed some changes. Car vibrates when you engage gear when the AC is on but doesn't when AC is off. He said the engine seats are very ok and that I should see an AC technician. Though the car doesn't vibrate with AC on when driving. The check engine light came up on the dashboard after the replacement of oil seals. I still notice some tiny droplets of oil on the floor when car is parked overnight. Car drives fine and well but I don't want to ignore the dashboard signs.

Did you conduct a technically inclined mechanical inspection, prior to purchase?......

1 Like

Re: Help On Dashboard Warnings by chukel(m): 4:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
Princecanada:
Dear Nairalanders,

start the car and show us a picture of your instrument cluster. Let the engine be running while u snap it.

1 Like

Re: Help On Dashboard Warnings by Princecanada: 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
chukel:
start the car and show us a picture of your instrument cluster. Let the engine be running while u snap it.

Attached is the picture sir.

Re: Help On Dashboard Warnings by chukel(m): 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
Princecanada:

Attached is the picture sir.
please go and scan the car. It will help you.
Re: Help On Dashboard Warnings by Princecanada: 12:40pm On Jun 24, 2020
chukel:
please go and scan the car. It will help you.

Yeah...had the car scanned. Just one of the sensors. Was told that since it's not affecting the car performance, I can continue using the car and change sensor at my convenient time.
Re: Help On Dashboard Warnings by Billiebaba(m): 12:49pm On Jun 24, 2020
Princecanada:

Yeah...had the car scanned. Just one of the sensors. Was told that since it's not affecting the car performance, I can continue using the car and change sensor at my convenient time.
What about the oil, is it still reducing mysteriously, what were the codes
Re: Help On Dashboard Warnings by osato45: 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2020
What code did the scan display?
Re: Help On Dashboard Warnings by Princecanada: 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2020
Billiebaba:

What about the oil, is it still reducing mysteriously, what were the codes

No more leakages. There was a screw beneath that wasn't properly tied after replacing the oil seal. Mech has tightened it, and that stopped the leakage. Oil level after morning check always show full gauge.

2 Likes

Re: Help On Dashboard Warnings by Princecanada: 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2020
osato45:
What code did the scan display?

Just one code. Didn't jot the code as I was told it's nothing serious. It's an exhaust sensor.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Current Black Market Dollar Rate To Nairra / World's Longest Bus Seats 256 People / Toyota Avensis Reliability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.