Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,140 members, 7,835,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand (610 Views)

Ize-Iyamu And Obaseki Hug At Oba Of Benin Palace (Video) / Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu Campaigns In Egor LGA of Edo South [Photos] / Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu's Birthday Celebration: Obaseki, Peter Obi Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 19, 2020
By Pa. Ehinmen

I am writing this piece in response to certain sentiments raised by my readers who are especially opposed to the governorship candidature of pastor Osagie ize-iyamu.
These readers have asked why Adams Oshiomole is in support of the same pastor Osagie ize-iyamu whom he called a thief and many other unprintable names few years ago in 2016.

However, to answer this question, i have decided to bring to the knowledge of my readers the concept of political intrigues which they obviously don't know or pretend not to know.

First you will agree with me that since we entered into the new era of democracy in 1999, political campaign in Nigeria has hardly been issue-based but rather characterized by character assassination.

There is hardly any politician who have not been a victim of character assassination right from the President down to a ward councillor.
However, character assassination only contributes to political intrigues and has never determine who wins an election, if not, the likes of President buhari, Babajide sanwolu, atiku abubaka etc would never been nominated talkless of being elected.
For instance, having known that his political down fall has come, former governor of Lagos state, Akinwunmi Ambode, held a press conference where he called his running mates a mental patient and said he had proof that he was treated in yaba. However, does the current governor of Lagos state look like a mental patient? Infact gov. Babajide sanwolu is one of the best performing governor in Nigeria today.
Also, in 2015, the PDP ran a 24 hours jingle on NTA where they called President buhari all manners of unprintable words but that didn't stop him from becoming President because Nigerians wanted an issue based campaign.
Also, Atiku abubakar was called all manner of names by former president olusegun obasanjo in 2007, but however, the same obasanjo endorsed Atiki Abubakar for president in 2019 and even campaigned for him. This all goes to tell us that name calling are all part of retrogressive political practice in Nigeria and those of us who are wise don't fall for it.
This has however been the case of pastor Osagie ize-iyamu. For those who don't know, ize iyamu formed ACN in Edo state and practically sponsored oshiomole to become governor in 2008. pastor Osagie ize-iyamu was also oshiomole campaign coordinator for the two term he served and made sure oshiomole won in the 18 LGA of Edo state.
After oshiomole finished his 8years term in 2016, he reneged on his agreement to support pastor Osagie ize-iyamu as the next governor and instead installed Gov. Obaseki who was not know to the APC members in Edo. Gov. Obaseki was not even a member of APC before 2016. In fact everyone advised oshiomole against his choice of Obaseki but he did not listen.
Consequently, pastor Osagie ize-iyamu left the APC quietly like the gentleman that he is and went to test his popularity in the PDP where he almost won the election and as a godly man he never called oshiomole names.
In fact, during the 2016 Edo election, ize iyamu popularity grew go big in the 18 LGA of Edo that oshiomole realized he has made a wrong political move by choosing Obaseki.
To further worsen the situation, oshiomole was confused on how to sell obaseki who was unknown to Edo people, and hence resorted to character assassination.

The questions to ask here is what did ize iyamu steal from oshiomole or Edo people to be called a thief? Why did oshiomole make a thief his campaign coordinator for 8 years? Which court of law has declared ize iyamu a thief?.

Indeed gullible Nigerians must learn to live above sentiments and understand political intrigues so they can see clearly to vote the right persons in power.
For me, the choice of pastor Osagie ize-iyamu is devine and those supporting him today knew they did wrong to him yesterday.

Pa. Ehinmen is a writer, a Nairalander, and a member of pastor Osagie ize-iyamu youth movement.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by donbachi(m): 9:23am On Jun 19, 2020
U're just trying to rebrand him by doing ur job as his image maker..i dont have a problem with dat..nice job..my problem is with the youths.dat kills themselves for dis politicians,in the name of party and politics.today,the table has turned.iyamu ran against obaseki in pdp.and obaseki is to run against iyamu in pdp...inside life.
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:36am On Jun 19, 2020
How much did ize iyamu pay you for this crap? You've sold your soul under the excuse of a nonsensical youth movement
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by SavageMaster: 9:44am On Jun 19, 2020
Is it true Buhari is not yet in shock over Oshiomhole's sack by the Appeal Court? shocked

I'm still waiting for his response.
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by romenna: 9:52am On Jun 19, 2020
ize iyamu is a tribal bigot.
he knew an esan man was to become edo state gov after lucky igbinedion, but because of lust for power and lack of common sense, he started fighting within to be given d ticket.
God abhors injustice
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by Eamon37000: 9:59am On Jun 19, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
How much did ize iyamu pay you for this crap? You've sold your soul under the excuse of a nonsensical youth movement

Truth is very bitter I understand but there is so much truth in what the op wrote here.
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 19, 2020
romenna:
ize iyamu is a tribal bigot.
he knew an esan man was to become edo state gov after lucky igbinedion, but because of lust for power and lack of common sense, he started fighting within to be given d ticket.
God abhors injustice

check my next articles for a reply on this
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 19, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

I guess the truth I wrote left you dumbfounded
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by Rotimi2705: 10:18am On Jun 19, 2020
is better to have pastor Dan having theif shaibu and obaseki?
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by helinues: 10:20am On Jun 19, 2020
Someone said so many litigation loading for Ize Iyamu..
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by sunnyflakes(m): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2020
I actually supported Pastor Osagie Ize Iyamu the last time he contested election to assume office as Edo State Governor, which he controversially lost. But this time around I will not support him not because of the unprintable names Oshiomole called him during the time he contested under the PDP platform but for the enduring legacies Obaseki is bequeathing to Edo State. He is famously known here in Edo state as 'The Wake and See Governor'. He does not make noise about what he is doing but take everyone by surprise when he gets the job done without borrowing a dime. The purported destruction of properties of loyalists of Oshiomole is not true. These properties were destroyed for public good. Go to ring road in Benin you will feel sanity he restored to the area. He is also making giant strides in the area of breaking the monopoly of the Benin Electricity distribution company (BEDC)
in ensuring Edo state generates power to boost commerce ⚚. All this he is doing silently without making noise. Oshiomole doesn't want anyone to beat his achievements as a Governor. He reminds me of one of the 44 laws of power. I wish Obaseki goodluck � in his quest to silently continue his good works in Edo State.
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 19, 2020
Go and return the money dey paid you...no be so your mates dey do am.
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by youthofnaija: 11:49am On Jun 19, 2020
If Olisa Metuh(400Million) = 7years in jail
Ize-Iyamu (700million) = X years in jail

Cross multiply
X= (7years x 700 million) / 400 million
X = 12.25 years

Thus X= Ize-Iyamu = 12.25 years in jail
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by DennisEche(m): 11:54am On Jun 19, 2020
The questions to ask here is what did ize iyamu steal from oshiomole or Edo people to be called a thief? Why did oshiomole make a thief his campaign coordinator for 8 years? Which court of law has declared ize iyamu a thief?.

Pls ask oshomole, he knows why he called Oshomole a Thief
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 19, 2020
sunnyflakes:
I actually supported Pastor Osagie Ize Iyamu the last time he contested election to assume office as Edo State Governor, which he controversially lost. But this time around I will not support him not because of the unprintable names Oshiomole called him during the time he contested under the PDP platform but for the enduring legacies Obaseki is bequeathing to Edo State. He is famously known here in Edo state as 'The Wake and See Governor'. He does not make noise about what he is doing but take everyone by surprise when he gets the job done without borrowing a dime. The purported destruction of properties of loyalists of Oshiomole is not true. These properties were destroyed for public good. Go to ring road in Benin you will feel sanity he restored to the area. He is also making giant strides in the area of breaking the monopoly of the Benin Electricity distribution company (BEDC)
in ensuring Edo state generates power to boost commerce ⚚. All this he is doing silently without making noise. Oshiomole doesn't want anyone to beat his achievements as a Governor. He reminds me of one of the 44 laws of power. I wish Obaseki goodluck � in his quest to silently continue his good works in Edo State.

be real, stop coping and pasting propaganda as your reply.
Re: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu And The Political Intrigues Nigerians Must Understand by sunnyflakes(m): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ehinmen3:

be real, stop coping and pasting propaganda as your reply.

I don't do copy and paste I composed my thoughts based on what I saw and I am still seeing on ground here in Edo state.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Historical Conversations / You Can't Hate Orji Uzor Kalu, At The Same Time, Love Tunubu. / 29 Magistrates In Cross River State Remain Unpaid For Over 18 Months;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.