Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (48075 Views)

Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Guber Poll, Tells People Who To Vote For / Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) / Godfatherism Must Be End’ — Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Dangrace01: 10:10am On Jun 19, 2020
Nice
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Mokason28: 10:11am On Jun 19, 2020
grin
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 10:11am On Jun 19, 2020
Ayekotoo:
Direct primary is the best form of democratic process. It eradicates consensus candidature.
That is not advisable during a pandemic like the COVID-19.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by j1mmy: 10:11am On Jun 19, 2020
Well Obas, Emirs and other traditional titles and privileged must stop. He talks about democracy yet he is the epitome of born to rule autocracy.

Benin should have a democratically elected mayor not hereditary Oba!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by jospepper(m): 10:12am On Jun 19, 2020
Oba has spoken.

4 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by nickxtra(m): 10:12am On Jun 19, 2020
Oba gha tokpe o, itse!!

3 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by gift2xl: 10:12am On Jun 19, 2020
Oba...

2 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by zoedew: 10:13am On Jun 19, 2020
DenreleDave:
Oba wey no get class..

It seems Oba Edo wants the same treatment like Sanusi... I thought people said he doesn't interfere with political issue...

Make he no go pass him boundary, that Frog called oshomole no get fear ooo. gringringrin

He speaks in a manner couched but his subjects understand him perfectly unlike Sanusi who has the tendency to be reckless in his utterances.

4 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by wink2015(m): 10:14am On Jun 19, 2020
OSHIOMOLE empire in Edo state has hit Olumo Rock !

9 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Mayng01(m): 10:14am On Jun 19, 2020
How about Lagos?
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by DonDraper66: 10:15am On Jun 19, 2020
Oba kept mute until oshiomole was suspended ,,, oba dey fear osho baba

1 Like

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by temptnow: 10:15am On Jun 19, 2020
OshoOmoAle thinks he's god

3 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 19, 2020
They began to loose their value when they start involving in politics
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:16am On Jun 19, 2020
The Deity himself has spoken. The gods have wad in. D grin

4 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by emmanuel19265: 10:17am On Jun 19, 2020
I think what we really need in Nigerian politics is Trust.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by greypencils: 10:18am On Jun 19, 2020
I love the last paragraph.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 19, 2020
[s]
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Respect to the oba
As usual he is not taking side

Ogbeni! I don wear my intellectual cap abi na thinking cap while reading between lines already. Infact i dey even drag my weed as I dey read am
He is not taking sides

Na the way when igbinedion and pdp take treat Edo that year na im make you dey feel say he Papa join APC
No! He nor join APC. Every body including the oba vex the way when igbinedion and pdp take run Edo state
I repeat Oba of Benin nor dey involve for politics
That is why the oba is the most respected and feared traditional ruler in Nigeria.

[/s]
Rubbish
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by wink2015(m): 10:18am On Jun 19, 2020
DonDraper66:

You are wrong.

His Royal Majesty want to maintain NEUTRALITY !

The Oba of Benin is also being CALCULATIVE.

He spoke when the main fighters have gone their separate ways.

Obaseki on his way to PDP

Oshiomole has been served suspension grounding his office away from his control.

In other words the Oba spoke at a time Both CONTENDERS have cross their bridges.

6 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by BABANGBALI: 10:19am On Jun 19, 2020
Na today? Those modafokas no go gree o. Useless set of people
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 19, 2020
Ya.

The people should be allowed to choose whoever is good, for them.

Godfatherism is not far from dictatorship.

Godfatherism barely allows governors/politicians to consider the citizens; they will be busy waiting for orders i.e do this and do that from the godfather.

It better for citizens to demand the politicians to do this and do that, instead of the so called godfather.

Abeg I no get anything to eat today; make una help me.

I haven't seen any work to do, since 6 o'clock.

Have gone to many sites, but non of them are in need of more workers.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by MelesZanawi: 10:20am On Jun 19, 2020
Oba of Benin don turn to Shehu Sani. grin
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Masterkernel1: 10:20am On Jun 19, 2020
DonDraper66:

I totally agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Enwhen(m): 10:21am On Jun 19, 2020
DenreleDave:
Oba wey no get class..

It seems Oba Edo wants the same treatment like Sanusi... I thought people said he doesn't interfere with political issue...

Make he no go pass him boundary, that Frog called oshomole no get fear ooo. gringringrin

Osho baba go treat him fvck up oooo.

Slawormir, u better warn ur oba

Keep quiet , stop yearning dust....There were rumours in Benin that the Oba ask some aspirant to step down for Ize-Iyamu, in order to have a consensus candidate, that's why the Oba is coming out openly to denounce such rumors that he will never be partisan and will never supports Godfatherism and consensus in a democratic setting....read and understand....

Hausa Buzu and Great Benin Na thesame ?... Not even any president can try that wit the Oba of Benin , let alone Oshobaba ...Oba of Benin ha salways been neutral ....who ever wins will always pay homage and respect....Edo State cannot pay Oba of Benin ...the federal govt pays him ...all contestants both in PDP, APC, SDP, Kowa are all his children ....Oba of Benin is like that of Oni of Ife , but not like Oba of Lagos , tho, Oba of Lagos is under the Oba of Benin and even Ife....be guided pls

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Opinedecandid(m): 10:22am On Jun 19, 2020
Amen.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by fergie001: 10:23am On Jun 19, 2020
fidelmarshal199:
Godfathers can never be eradicated from Nigeria politics, The only prayer we should pray is to have a good one. If one godfather is dethroned, another will be pronounced

WORD
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 19, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Respect to the oba
As usual he is not taking side

Ogbeni! I don wear my intellectual cap abi na thinking cap while reading between lines already. Infact i dey even drag my weed as I dey read am
He is not taking sides

Na the way when igbinedion and pdp take treat Edo that year na im make you dey feel say he Papa join APC
No! He nor join APC. Every body including the oba vex the way when igbinedion and pdp take run Edo state
I repeat Oba of Benin nor dey involve for politics
That is why the oba is the most respected and feared traditional ruler in Nigeria.

Who dey respect and fear ur oba in Nigeria.

Na una dey respect and fear him.

others don't know that he is existing.

He is one of the numerous Obas in Yorubaland.

He is no different or greater than his brothers with same title.

2 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by sylve11: 10:24am On Jun 19, 2020
Factfinder1:
How else noticed how Dino melaye has been quiet and out of our political spheres he didn't say or post anything about the rifts between obaseki and oshomole or the crisis in APC and aso rock... Dino melaye is a friend of Hushpuppi,they do deals together and he has been scared of his name not been mentioned or dented he has been looking for was to run out of Nigeria to go settle where it will be hard to track him down. As times goes by we will see and hear what's Truely happening

You're also part of the cartel of Dino and Hush to know they both strike deals together. If you aren't there, never be certain. embarassed cool

1 Like

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by MelesZanawi: 10:24am On Jun 19, 2020
Enwhen:

Keep quiet , stop yearning dust....There were rumours in Benin that the Oba ask some aspirant to step down for Ize-Iyamu, in order to have a consensus candidate, that's why the Oba is coming out openly to denounce such rumors that he will never be partisan and will never supports Godfatherism and consensus in a democratic setting....read and understand....

Hausa Buzu and Great Benin Na thesame ?... Not even any president can try that wit the Oba of Benin , let alone Oshobaba ...Oba of Benin ha salways been neutral ....who ever wins will always pay homage and respect....Edo State cannot pay Oba of Benin ...the federal govt pays him ...all contestants both in PDP, APC, SDP, Kowa are all his children ....Oba of Benin is like that of Oni of Ife , but not like Oba of Lagos , tho, Oba of Lagos is under the Oba of Benin and even Ife....be guided pls

It is not only the Federal Government paying the Oba of Benin, it is United Nations paying him. Village boy. Your Oba is an employee of the Edo State Government and both him, his land and his subjects are properties of the Edo State Government.

Here is Oshiomhole giving him his staff of office. Hope you saw the cloth Oshiomole wore?

Here is another picture of your Oba seated at the back of other rulers when traditional rulers are seated according to ranking.

2 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by tatatar: 10:24am On Jun 19, 2020
K
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Urchman200: 10:25am On Jun 19, 2020
Thieftinubu supporters said godfatherism is the best form of democracy.

3 Likes

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Markchiwuba: 10:28am On Jun 19, 2020
Stop talking nonsense Oba wey no get class..

Osho baba go treat him fvck up oooo.

Slawormir, u better warn ur oba [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Biya's Tweet On Buhari's Visit To Cameroon Goes Viral (photo) / Troops Neutralize Female Suicide Bomber - (Graphic Pics) / New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.