Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,601 members, 7,865,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:26 PM

Opinion:see The Main Reasons Why Many LAUTECH Students Want Ajimobi Dead - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Opinion:see The Main Reasons Why Many LAUTECH Students Want Ajimobi Dead (151 Views)

Abiola Ajimobi Final Abode. / Ajimobi Seeks €5m Loan To Buy Tractors / LAUTECH Students Are Foolish” – Controversial Blogger Kemi Olunloyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion:see The Main Reasons Why Many LAUTECH Students Want Ajimobi Dead by Gabbyrabby: 9:39am On Jun 19, 2020

The health of the immediate past Governor of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi, has reportedly worsened, sparking rumours that he might have died.

However, Ajimobi’s spokesman, Bolaji Tunji, told The RoyalNG on Thursday evening that his principal is alive.
“I spoke with those around him not long ago and they confirmed to me that he is still alive. Please disregard news of his death as fake news,” Tunji told RoyalNG.

Several years ago their was a Faceoff between Former Governor of Oyo state Abiola Ajimobi and the entire LAUTECH community over the closure of the institution. The following depicts what happened on the red letter day in Ibadan in which many students were molested for protesting peacefully against the Governor. In a statement released
The former Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, is an example of what a leader should not be. A video that went viral years ago showed a meeting he had with students of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Ogbomoso, who were protesting the closure of the higher institution which had lasted eight months.
In an arrogant manner unbecoming of a state governor who is supposed to be accountable to the populace, he displayed a lack of empathy as he told the students off.
Apart from telling them that there was nothing strange in a higher institution being closed for eight months, he also told them that they had no right to protest the school’s closure.
In the video, he even admitted not paying workers for several months and said he was not the only state governor owing salaries.
In a boastful manner, he accused the students of not respecting the ‘constituted authority.’
I cannot understand how a state governor can talk in an inhumane way. I am certain his children attended private universities abroad and thus have never felt the pain and agony of sitting at home because academic activities have been halted for no fault of theirs.
What makes it even more painful is that some of these students are the reasons why he was elected as the Governor.
I don’t see something like this happening in developed nations. Nigeria is fast becoming totally irrelevant on the world stage because of the type of leadership we practice. How can a governor say to protesters, “Go and do your worst. Am I the person that closed your school?”

Ever since then, many LADOKITES never wish the Governor well and yesterday rumour about his demise was an avenue to express joy over their 'Enemy'. The truth is never wish anybody death or bad, karma is a bitch whatsoever a man sow, he or she will reap(Read full details)

Source:https://www.royalng.com/opinionsee-the-main-reasons-why-many-lautech-students-want-former-oyo-state-governor-ajimobi-dead/
Re: Opinion:see The Main Reasons Why Many LAUTECH Students Want Ajimobi Dead by heendrix(m): 9:57am On Jun 19, 2020
To hell with LAUTECH and their foolish wishes

up till now no one gives a fvck about them. Ajimobi is the one best Governor oyo state had and no body can change that

His death is a shock to every reasonable ibadan dwellers sad

(1) (Reply)

Learning The Hard Way (4) / Introduction / Protect The Environment With Melbourne Metal Recycling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.