Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists (16263 Views)

Patrick Lumumba Picks Okonjo-iweala Over His Country’s Candidate For WTO Top Job / 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign / African Union Disqualifies Okonjo-iweala From Vying For WTO Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by Yankee101: 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
It was simple pride

If you had nominated her earlier knowing she is suitably qualified then it's easier to support her instead of playing APC politics at the expense of merit
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by Saint99: 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nice one from FG
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by taiocol: 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
smiley

16 x 24 inches wall frame. Fast delivery
#20,000

DM let's do business

Check out my Page for more details

https://www.nairaland.com/5869975/buy-modern-wall-art-frames/1#90841721

Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by paulooo3(m): 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Everything concerning Nigeria is always controversial

Cursed country

We need to go our different ways very soon
You are the one cursed
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by Oneeyesunday: 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nigeria can do anyhow, what's wrong with the experienced man who has been there.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by Modikko(m): 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
Just because the Nomination reads Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, so Nigeria has began to live by her name. I laugh in hypocrisy
Stone123:
Well finally Nigeria is starting to live up to her name! Kudos FRN!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by Modikko(m): 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
You are not making any sense here please. This is not the first time nominations are being substituted.
Yankee101:
It was simple pride

If you had nominated her earlier knowing she is suitably qualified then it's easier to support her instead of playing APC politics at the expense of merit

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by Modikko(m): 2:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
Your opinion is baseless. There is no clause that says nominations cannot be withdrawn or substituted provided it is within the period and nominations haven’t closed
Princedapace:

Exactly what I have been saying and so many people here are rejoying and claiming giant of Africa.. So, the way to be 'giant' is by breaking rules? Lol, Nigerians are really really funny. In fact, we have accepted bad governance and breaking of laws as a norm.

Countries will strike when Nigeria may need collective votes from AU member states. Nigeria should av retained the name they submitted instead of this rubbish they are doing.

What even surprises me the most are the Nigerians here claiming giants, giants. lol, chaii, Nigerians deserve their type of leaders shaaa. Empty giants with all her political elites traveling to SA, EU, Egypt, India, USA for medicals! We need standard education in Nigeria, people here are too sentimental and cant rule them selves with this sentiments they display instead of reality!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by Aol360: 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nigeria need to respect the AU candidature and not set bad precedent.

The Egyptian guy is also qualified with previous experience with the WTO.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by vascey(m): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
NOI is a wonderful candidate but this is all US in the background.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by collinometricx: 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
Shanklee:
I smell lies here. She never talked about leaving the house of assembly. She is one of the female politicians I really like. Meanwhile, the next election may not be really useful since it can be rigged.
Which house of assembly?
Are you dreaming?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by frog12: 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
i dey laff
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by frog12: 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
why are they pushing a failed candidate? she is president of this, president of that, chairperson of there, chairperson of here. na she only exist?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by frog12: 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
dont mind them. the woman no fit get the job anyway!

Princedapace:

Exactly what I have been saying and so many people here are rejoying and claiming giant of Africa.. So, the way to be 'giant' is by breaking rules? Lol, Nigerians are really really funny. In fact, we have accepted bad governance and breaking of laws as a norm.

Countries will strike when Nigeria may need collective votes from AU member states. Nigeria should av retained the name they submitted instead of this rubbish they are doing.

What even surprises me the most are the Nigerians here claiming giants, giants. lol, chaii, Nigerians deserve their type of leaders shaaa. Empty giants with all her political elites traveling to SA, EU, Egypt, India, USA for medicals! We need standard education in Nigeria, people here are too sentimental and cant rule them selves with this sentiments they display instead of reality!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by Barzinime(m): 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
Citizen of a Cursed Country.
I bet you didnt read anything apart from the headline, Lazy Youth.
undecided undecided
YorubaKinging:
Everything concerning Nigeria is always controversial

Cursed country

We need to go our different ways very soon
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by frog12: 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
you say she never beg for the appointment

so she no fit withdraw her name
tells me she wants the position!

ERockson:
Nigeria government has taken her lackadaisical attitude to the international community. Why changing already presented candidate in order to put that woman that never begged for the appointment forward , other Africa countries may not take this nonsense from us as our government exhibit indecision and maladmnitration that has characterized this government for the world to see. WTO is not a Nigeria agency Buhari government can do anyhow. Iweala is very competent but I think this government just want to rubbish her with this stuppid decision

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by udemzyudex(m): 4:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
baike:
Igbo amaka

Buhari is now beginning to dey get sense

All of a sudden abi?

Chai.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by DrDax: 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
ERockson:
Nigeria government has taken her lackadaisical attitude to the international community. Why changing already presented candidate in order to put that woman that never begged for the appointment forward , other Africa countries may not take this nonsense from us as our government exhibit indecision and maladmnitration that has characterized this government for the world to see. WTO is not a Nigeria agency Buhari government can do anyhow. Iweala is very competent but I think this government just want to rubbish her with this stuppid decision

It's a game of chess.

Poker too.

Go and learn some international politicking.

And stop whining..........
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
good one from FG.

A.U should continue asslicking the egyptians.

Ndi ara.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by israelmao(m): 5:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
It's in Buhari's time minnows in Africa summon rude and unusual boldness to challenge Nigerian decisions as its relates to appointments within the African comity of nations.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by Chris2863(m): 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
ERockson:
Must you write rubbish?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by tradetips: 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
How
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by ofiko123(m): 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
Freestainworld:
she is more credible than anyone else at the moment.

I am telling you..
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nigeria vs Egypt.....game on.
It's getting interesting already.

1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by kunsglobal(m): 4:03am On Jun 20, 2020
Great!!!!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Remains Nigeria’s Candidate For WTO Headship, FG Insists by One4me: 4:48am On Jun 20, 2020
hucienda:
lol ... Egypt bin wan use AU back door.

Madam Iweala, the "Egyptians you see today, you shall see no more".
grin

I think the Egyptians were furious because they know that madam NOI will floor their candidate so instead of surrendering, they decided they should use 'technicality" to disqualify her.

Good that Nigeria did not introduce Religion/Tribalism into this matter.

Ngozi, l dey your back like camel humpback

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Meets APC Governors In Abuja / Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle / South-South APC Endorses Adams Oshiomhole For Position Of National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.