Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:04 AM

31m Naira Teachers’ Salaries Allegedly Shared By Kwara Nut Chairman, Ps –efcc - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 31m Naira Teachers’ Salaries Allegedly Shared By Kwara Nut Chairman, Ps –efcc (402 Views)

Adulfatai Adebowale Remanded In Prison By Kwara State High Court / Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman / Robbers Arrested By Kwara Police & Weapons Recovered (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

31m Naira Teachers’ Salaries Allegedly Shared By Kwara Nut Chairman, Ps –efcc by siraj1402(m): 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
JUST IN: 31M naira Teachers’ Salaries Allegedly Shared By Kwara NUT Chairman, Perm Sec – EFCC

The Ilorin Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has uncovered how the sum of N31m meant for the payment of teachers’ salaries was allegedly diverted by the Chairman of Kwara State Nigerian Union of Teachers, Salihu Idris Toyin, and the Permanent Secretary of the State Universal Basic Education Board, Bayo Audu Onimago, among others.

The money allegedly shared by the suspects, according to the EFCC, Media and Publicity, Mr. Dele Oyewale, was meant for the payment of over 400 teachers working with the Kwara State Universal Basic Education Board.

Other beneficiaries in the said money, the statement added, include the Director of Finance, SUBEB, Ahmed Husain, the State Coordinator of the Nigerian Union of Teachers, Tijani Idris, the Controller of Finance of the State Universal Basic Education Board, Omole John.

While giving analysis of how the controversial funds were shared, the State Chairman of NUT, Salihu Idris Toyin, reportedly told the operatives of the EFCC that “the sum of N12m was paid into an account operated by me and others, the money was actually not supposed to come, when the cash hit the account, I withdrew it and gave it to SUBEB officials, they gave us N3m for free and we shared it among ourselves.

“We also received another N19m and I withdrew N4m from it, I used N1.5m for clearing and inter locking of our quarters, the remaining N2.5m is still with me.”

When the EFCC operatives asked the embattled NUT Chairman if he has receipts for the clearing and inter locking he said he did, his response was said to be negative.

It would be recalled that the Commission had last week announced the discovery of about 1,000 ghost workers allegedly smuggled into the payroll of the Kwara State Universal Basic Education Board.

All the suspects, the statement added, would be arraigned immediately after the conclusion of the ongoing investigation.

Source :The informant 247

Re: 31m Naira Teachers’ Salaries Allegedly Shared By Kwara Nut Chairman, Ps –efcc by siraj1402(m): 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
Criminal everywhere.
Re: 31m Naira Teachers’ Salaries Allegedly Shared By Kwara Nut Chairman, Ps –efcc by devlishGINGER(m): 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ilorin on the beat
Re: 31m Naira Teachers’ Salaries Allegedly Shared By Kwara Nut Chairman, Ps –efcc by squash47(m): 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
In reality, these are the people who are destroying the educational system of this country.
Re: 31m Naira Teachers’ Salaries Allegedly Shared By Kwara Nut Chairman, Ps –efcc by devlishGINGER(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
siraj1402:

Other beneficiaries in the said money, the statement added, include the Director of Finance, SUBEB, Ahmed Husain, the State Coordinator of the Nigerian Union of Teachers, Tijani Idris, the Controller of Finance of the State Universal Basic Education Board, Omole John

You see why NUT is a joke? This is why they cant fight for Teachers. Those meant to work towards teacher's welfare are compromised and working are working against the teachers.
Re: 31m Naira Teachers’ Salaries Allegedly Shared By Kwara Nut Chairman, Ps –efcc by sirqeeboi(m): 5:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Corruption is among us here not the top.
If we can stop it here it won't reach the top..

This what I tell to Federal workers around me here that most times it una ogas dey hold on to your salaries not buhari so far them don sign budget.
How will someone be working and u are comfortable eating his salary.

(1) (Reply)

I Was Locked Behind Bars For Demanding My Unpaid Balance / Kwara Court Order Internet Fraudster To Sweep GRA / Hushpuppi Might Regain Freedom If This One Thing Happens In Us Court...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.