Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Electricity: Prove Nigeria Can Generate Light 24/7 (itakpe Visit) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Electricity: Prove Nigeria Can Generate Light 24/7 (itakpe Visit) (226 Views)

Nigeria Can Reach Self-sufficiency By 2040 – Obasanjo / Lady Shows Off Her Luxurious Lifestyle To Prove It Doesn't Equate Happiness / 10 Ways Nigeria Can Avoid Another 'disastrous' Recession — Finance Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Electricity: Prove Nigeria Can Generate Light 24/7 (itakpe Visit) by IsaacRocks(m): 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
Hello Nairalanders, before I moved to Abuja I leaved at Abobo a small village sharing road boundaries with Itakpe Iron Ore, I leaved there for over 10years do you know that till now and forever they never blinked there light for once.
I once told my mum if you give birth to a baby there 5 years ago the baby won't know what's called power outage, they use prepaid meter and manage light with care for those who are wondering where this is;
Itakpe is a town in Kogi State, Nigeria. The Itakpe Hills in and around the town of Itakpe contain very pure deposits of iron ore. The National Iron Ore Mining Company is located here. It supplies the steel works of Ajaokuta and Aladja, as well as producing ore for export.

With this and some other stories I have heard I was sure, if Nigeria won't to they can generate a sustainable power supply for thier citizen.

Cc: Lalasticlala , mynd44

1 Like

Re: Electricity: Prove Nigeria Can Generate Light 24/7 (itakpe Visit) by hisgrace090: 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
Thank God they settled itakpe people with light for mining their resources for Delta nothing to show for it despite huge oil mining.
Re: Electricity: Prove Nigeria Can Generate Light 24/7 (itakpe Visit) by Omihanifa: 5:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
See ehen electricity problem in Nigeria is more of transmission and distribution issues
Even if all the power plants are working up to their installed capacities (10,000 megawatts) they can only transmit 4500 Mega Watts and the remaining 5,500 Mega Watts is useless because the transmission lines are old and weak , the distribution channels too are obsolete undecided

The only way forward is that FG should do away with so irrelevant policies i.e the law saying if you build a power plant and you generate up to 50 Mega Watts. you must send it to the national grid

Another useless policy again is the issue of citing power plants far away from their source of raw materials (eg gas & coal) all in the name of we want this part of the country to benefit from this project. Example is the power plant in Ogun State which uses gas and yet Ogun State doesn't have gas

Also the government should embrace energy mix ( they should explore option of solar energy and wind in the north)

(1) (Reply)

A Public Assaults On A Woman By Ifo LG Staffs In Ojodu Abiodun, Ogun State / Ex-oyo Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, Is Dead / Job Vacancy, Work From Home As A Writer, Blogger, Content Creator Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.