Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:23 AM

Maryam’s Claim That Abacha Didn’t Steal Is Shocking - Sagay - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Maryam’s Claim That Abacha Didn’t Steal Is Shocking - Sagay (355 Views)

Abuja To Delta: I Didn’t Steal Car, Only Test-Driving – Suspect / "I Didn’t Steal Any Phone"- Lady Who Was Stripped & Tortured Over Missing Ph / Corpse Of Bilyamin Muhammed Bello Stabbed To Death By Wife Maryam Sanda (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maryam’s Claim That Abacha Didn’t Steal Is Shocking - Sagay by prof2007: 6:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, Prof Itse Sagay (SAN), says he is shocked by the claim that the late military dictator, Gen. Sani Abacha, did not steal from Nigeria’s treasury and stashed the money away in foreign accounts.

Despite a series of recoveries of funds said to have been looted by Abacha’s regime, his wife, Maryam, has insisted that her husband did not steal. “What is this amount of money after 22 years? You say, ‘Oh! We have found this amount of money and we’re bringing it back! It is a shame to tell lies on a dead man! It is a shame to tell lies on your leader,” Maryam said recently.

But in an interview with The PUNCH, PACAC Chairman, Sagay, said he was shocked that anyone could claim that Abacha did not loot the nation’s treasury. Sagay wondered if all the funds recovered from foreign lands were proceeds from Abacha’s foreign estate.

He said, “All the funds being recovered, are they part of his (Abacha’s) salary or private estate? What else are you going to call it other than looting public funds? I don’t understand that argument and I didn’t think that anybody could be arguing that way. I’m shocked to hear that. Where did the money come from? From a private business?”

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/maryams-claim-that-abacha-didnt-steal-shocking-sagay/
Re: Maryam’s Claim That Abacha Didn’t Steal Is Shocking - Sagay by playapayaski: 6:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
I'm shocked too
Re: Maryam’s Claim That Abacha Didn’t Steal Is Shocking - Sagay by Ifiegboria(m): 7:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
Shocking government
Re: Maryam’s Claim That Abacha Didn’t Steal Is Shocking - Sagay by SALIRUGGED: 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
Who among our rulers that do not have a foreign account.Abacha did like everyone of them.
Re: Maryam’s Claim That Abacha Didn’t Steal Is Shocking - Sagay by Mightyhaiz: 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
it certainly the season of shocks and infact unawareness...

but oga sagay this is not different from your boss stand,your Lord and god..

only he has been receiving the stolen money with Glee and infact smiling from one dead ear to the other
Re: Maryam’s Claim That Abacha Didn’t Steal Is Shocking - Sagay by FlordFlorez(m): 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Shocked? No! That word is rightly owned by our president. It's his constitutional right. Oga sagay, becareful.
Re: Maryam’s Claim That Abacha Didn’t Steal Is Shocking - Sagay by dahnimoh(m): 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
Shagay ,you better meet hamza mustapha for clarification.

That money was saved by abacha for rainy day

Re: Maryam’s Claim That Abacha Didn’t Steal Is Shocking - Sagay by Passionate888: 11:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
Buhari o
Re: Maryam’s Claim That Abacha Didn’t Steal Is Shocking - Sagay by Auxtin85(m): 5:31am On Jun 20, 2020
Oga Sagay what of Buhari claim ?
Re: Maryam’s Claim That Abacha Didn’t Steal Is Shocking - Sagay by Annie939(f): 5:47am On Jun 20, 2020
she has the right to defend her husband.

(1) (Reply)

Earthquake 4.0 Hits Ghana (video) / Youths Destroys Church Of Satan In Abia State, Founder Arrested.(photos) / Plane Overloaded With Cocaine Crashes On Take-off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.