Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

How Many Kids Should Intelligent Couples Have? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Many Kids Should Intelligent Couples Have? (298 Views)

Over 4000 Couples Have Applied For Divorce In Abuja In 2020 / Beautiful Interracial Couples / Baby Sex Pre-selection; COUPLES Give Birth To Your Choice Of Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Kids Should Intelligent Couples Have? by JideMakinwa(m): 2:01am On Jun 20, 2020
Re: How Many Kids Should Intelligent Couples Have? by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 20, 2020
Ok Mr. Jide. I hope you studied the aftermath of the one-child policy in China before you wrote your book. The high abortion rates, skewered sex-ratio, and the "missing girls".

1 Like

Re: How Many Kids Should Intelligent Couples Have? by StubbornGENIUS: 4:39am On Jun 20, 2020
Intelligent or not, couples should have as many kids as they want provided they can effectively train and provide for them without the kids being a burden to either of them.Family Planning is the key..
Re: How Many Kids Should Intelligent Couples Have? by JideMakinwa(m): 8:42am On Jun 20, 2020
[quote .
Re: How Many Kids Should Intelligent Couples Have? by JideMakinwa(m): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Intelligent or not, couples should have as many kids as they want provided they can effectively train and provide for them without the kids being a burden to either of them.Family Planning is the key..
Re: How Many Kids Should Intelligent Couples Have? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 20, 2020
JideMakinwa:

it is quite true these problems may attend OneChild policy, but my position is entirely about ethics (morals, empathic living), we have to ask if we should make more babies so that the world sex-ratio won't be skewed. Or simply restate: should we really be using innocent souls as tools for balancing sex ratios? With all the hazards and risk involved for a new soul. And will the world be a paradise if sex-ratio are balanced?

As for abortion, birth control doesn't necessarily have to be by that. Planning to birth 3 still requires birth control, therefore it is not a peculiar challenge of Zerobirthism/Monatalism.
It still seems to me that you did not research China's case. The skewered sex-ratio was due to the abortions. Most people felt that if they could have only one child, they would rather have a boy. So women who conceived and the scan revealed it was a girl, they aborted the pregnancy. This led to the male outnumbering the females by a margin. The effects of this is something I will advise you to research. It will amazement you the psychopathic tendencies men develop when they can't find a partner

Some other families took the risk of giving birth to the girl child but kept in the basement or anywhere away from public eye, so they could still appear childless to the government.
And such girls suddenly appear in society during adulthood. Seemingly "missing" for years hence the name "missing girls.
Please sir, does any of this sound ethical?

The way you put, as if being alive is tantamount to suffering.
Re: How Many Kids Should Intelligent Couples Have? by JideMakinwa(m): 9:23am On Jun 20, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

It still seems to me that you did not research China's case. The skewered sex-ratio was due to the abortions. Most people felt that if they could have only one child, they would rather have a boy. So women who conceived and the scan revealed it was a girl, they aborted the pregnancy. This led to the male outnumbering the females by a margin. The effects of this is something I will advise you to research. It will amazement you the psychopathic tendencies men develop when they can't find a partner

Some other families took the risk of giving birth to the girl child but kept in the basement or anywhere away from public eye, so they could still appear childless to the government.
And such girls suddenly appear in society during adulthood. Seemingly "missing" for years hence the name "missing girls.
Please sir, does any of this sound ethical?

The way you put, as if being alive is tantamount to suffering.
Re: How Many Kids Should Intelligent Couples Have? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 20, 2020
JideMakinwa:

While I acknowledge you have a point there people preferring a male child, but, like most people, you have not looked at it from the angle I put forward. In China's, OneChild was something imposed on them by the government, in this case, it is something a person/couple has to reach from within them in recognition of their inability to guarantee anything for the child.

Then can we say a couple will want a male child if they want only one Child for the aforementioned reason? No. A person who is intelligent enough to realize the truths of Antinatalism or Monatalism will hardly attach any importance to the sex of the child they want.

Moreover, the point of my post is not the whole idea of the book itself, and my answer to the central question of the topic is 'Zero'.

So in few words, I have said intelligent couples should not even birth at all. But if the answer of the book, which I doubt you have read yet (www.JWrites.gr8.com) is to be the focus here, abortion and skewed sex-ratio will yet not be a problem.

Ok. If it's solely based on the couple, why does my opinion or any other's matter?
It seems to me you have come to the conclusion that intelligent people will choose to give birth to one child, while unintelligent people will choose to give birth to more. I hope I'm wrong.

Ok, I just saw your response to some other person's comment. You have come to the conclusion that life equals suffering. I wouldn't deny understanding such conclusion. Therefore, I will leave it as "your own opinion"
Re: How Many Kids Should Intelligent Couples Have? by JideMakinwa(m): 10:01am On Jun 20, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Ok. If it's solely based on the couple, why does my opinion or any other's matter?
It seems to me you have come to the conclusion that intelligent people will choose to give birth to one child, while unintelligent people will choose to give birth to more. I hope I'm wrong.

Ok, I just saw your response to some other person's comment. You have come to the conclusion that life equals suffering. I wouldn't deny understanding such conclusion. Therefore, I will leave it as "your own opinion"

I have used the word 'RISK'
Life is risky and creating new humans is tantamount putting new souls to existential risks. Are there any risks for the child? Yes. Does risk equate suffering? No. Are such risks necessary? (must we birth?) No.

Do I mean intelligent people should realize that? Yes
Re: How Many Kids Should Intelligent Couples Have? by yougrichy: 10:31am On Jun 20, 2020
What happens when d intellectuals of today's world avoid conception?Have you ever thought about d need to birth new Engineers, IT Experts, Successful Businessmen/entepreneurs, Medical Scientists and so many genuises who work to keep the world in motion? This is not about theists or atheists,but reproduction is a necessary evil if we really care about people other than ourselves.
No matter your IQ level or the amount of money in your bank account(s), natural disasters can never be prevented but provision can be made to ensure the happiness,longegivity and existence of your kids.In the end,it is important to note that if the great men and heroes of old did not have kids,we certainly will not be where we are in economic and technical advancement not to talk more of modern civilization.Our duty as parents should be to provide,teach,educate,enlighten and protect our offsprings to the best of our ability.So in the end for me,intellectuals should have at least one child whether male or female to steer the world.

(1) (Reply)

19 Years Old Boy Gets Married To A 39 Years Old Lady / How To Reduce Your Blood Pressure Without Medication Using This Special Fruit. / Nigerian Airforce Application Is On.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.