Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate (16680 Views)

PDP PCC: Why Tinubu Is Running From National Debate / NEDG 2023: Tinubu, Obi, Atiku, Others Get Nov. Dates For National Debate / Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by Luckydubby7(m): 5:37am On Jun 20, 2020
I love the points he raised.
Whether before or now, Nigerians need to come together and debate.
Nothing is working anymore.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by Bellotelli: 5:39am On Jun 20, 2020
Honestly, our govt officials know the problems of Nigeria but out of their selfish interest, they are just turning a blind eye.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by Joylove2324(f): 5:48am On Jun 20, 2020
Osinbajo is such a big asset to this country, the way he's handling our economic growth is very commendable. Thank you prof

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by Blazebond(m): 5:52am On Jun 20, 2020
Forget about debate,break this false union now,we are deceiving ourselves o,Nigeria can't continue like this.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by musa234(m): 5:52am On Jun 20, 2020
Just talk, talk and more talk. Nothing changes
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by musa234(m): 5:54am On Jun 20, 2020
Joylove2324:
smiley
Do you work for the V. P or are you one of his many aides or even related to him? I've come to notice your presence in almost every thread that talks about him. Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by JasonScoolari: 5:56am On Jun 20, 2020
Joylove2324:
smiley
It seems you are learning fast from your short experience at Nairaland's prison....

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by Felixswagg: 6:00am On Jun 20, 2020
We had a national debate were delegates were drawn from every senatorial zone in this country and from every industry.
Delegates were staying in the best hotels in this country and were paid plenty monies and some died before the end of the exercise.

In August 2014 a report was presented, and this was the document Goodluck Jonathan handed to the president on 29 may 2015.
This isn't past history everyone knows this story, this was just 2015.. Billions was spent during this exercise.
*The most popular proposal are
1. Change of the Revenue Sharing Formula
2. State police
3. Nigerian lawmakers being on a part time salary
4. Reducing aids of serving executives
5. Ogoni cleanup *if they start it today it will take 100 years before it would be completed*
6. Executives serving a single term of 6 years ..... and Many More
Now this is 2020 and now the government is like oooo we need to start the process all over again.
Even if they like let them be having National Conference every month when 2023 come they must leave.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by Princedapace(m): 6:01am On Jun 20, 2020
vioment:
Over priced govt.

A Nigerian governor should earn not more than $100,000 a year. They are not qualified even up to that amount in 3 years but just because.

They don't implement quality fast track solutions.

They love begging, just to turn around and steal it and then go beg again. Almost a 419 scheme.

Nigeria is just currently not wise at all, but many of us think we are.

Nigerians are the reason their leaders are useless.

Military can not kill 5 million strong willed Nigerian Youths.

Nigerian Youths are the biggest cowards I have ever read in my entire life.

How they allowed these old criminals milk them and make them run away from their country beats my imagination

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by FlordFlorez(m): 6:16am On Jun 20, 2020
The need to cut cost of governance is non negotiable if we truely wants to go forward.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by jesmond3945: 6:16am On Jun 20, 2020
nairaman66:
What Nigeria needs now is to go our separate ways without war! This current system of governance has not, will not, ever work! Divide the country and let everyone grow at their own pace! The center cannot hold this British Experiment!
or restructure the country and decentralize the government
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by okefranci: 6:29am On Jun 20, 2020
The money giving to legislators should be slashed to a minimal so that the government can use part for other developments
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by landry07(m): 6:30am On Jun 20, 2020
osinbajo what is your gain for saying this bcuz I know nothing goes for free or are u beginning to receive sense
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by DexterousOne(m): 6:32am On Jun 20, 2020
AMvanquish:
Start with National Assembly. Make it a Unicameral legislature or at least slash their salaries/Allowances by 60%.
The monies this country has lost in the name of Constitutional projects. Oh God.
That place is an event center , most of them are come, chop and go attendees.

Also, the Oronsaye Report should also be implemented Asap.

They can start from there.

One chamber will not work in Nigeria

We even need more reps

But the issue is the pay

They are over paid
And over compensated/bonused

If we can slimfit in that respect
We will be fine.

There is no excuse for senators to be earning that much
Same for the reps

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by Brushstrokes20: 6:35am On Jun 20, 2020
Day just break abi?....bunch of self-serving, irredeemable THIEVES!

The shithole is on a cliff edge!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by toyotamuscle: 6:42am On Jun 20, 2020
hi am in need of a job.i stay in abuja.i can work as a network admin.a supervisor in a hotel or any other organisation.also I can work as an I T support, I T officer.i can create and maintain WordPress sites.am a graduate of publuc administration. I have a ccna from aptech.i can do any job so long its not a professional work like accounting etc. job salary not below 50,000naira.chat me on whatsapp 08089411836.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by frog12: 6:43am On Jun 20, 2020
have you seen what ministry of petroleum resources employees make? millions!!! that's where all the loans are going. to pay salaries.
i hear nnpc is even worser!
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by Deputy1111(m): 6:47am On Jun 20, 2020
Nigeria is actually running an expensive government, there is need for the debate. We will need to cut some cost away for our economy to stand strong.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by ecomalchemist(m): 6:48am On Jun 20, 2020
In the next 10 years, There wouldn't be any difference between Nigeria and South Sudan. It is very evident that if you believe in this country, you are still in a bubble.

I have the following items for sale in Lagos, Nigeria. They are all in clean perfect working condition.

https://www.nairaland.com/5931735/relocation-sales-household-items-sale/1#90829692

Audio buyers keep off.

Good morning
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by SmartPolician: 6:50am On Jun 20, 2020
DexterousOne:

One chamber will not work in Nigeria

We even need more reps

But the issue is the pay

They are over paid
And over compensated/bonused

If we can slimfit in that respect
We will be fine.

There is no excuse for senators to be earning that much
Same for the reps

That is false

It can work perfectly

It's not like they do anything special

There are countries that have more population and better advanced without 2 Chambers

This federation that Nigeria borrowed from the US is expensive

Nigeria is a big joke!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by Commonsense99: 6:50am On Jun 20, 2020
grin
Does anyone debate with them before they embezzle? So we will now debate before they cut down expenses huh? A serious government does not need any debate to act , afterall if the outcome negates their greediness, they won't still endorse it.

Cutting down the cost of government was first heard from Peter Obi's manifesto, so eventually you guys have plegiarised his idea, why not humbly ask him how he did it without debate when he was a governor? Am sure he is ever willing to help you empty headed greedy fellas. grin

These id1ots knew what to do, they just don't feel the pains of the populace that's why they are misbehaving.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by TheRareGem1(f): 6:50am On Jun 20, 2020
babag93:
Debate kee you there..
Na today you know this?
Didn’t you know this before contesting with that inept dullard?
Ogun kee all of you there.

You Nigerians will never be satisfied with truth sayers. You always want to be told what you need to hear.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by Mynightmare: 6:51am On Jun 20, 2020
A debate that will still be sponsored by billions thereby enriching this criminals the more.
Osibanjo should stand out as a pastor and tell this government that they are not performing, he has been engulfed in lies against his conscience, they are no more blaming pdp again?
This administration is and will be the worse thing to happen to nigerai and nigerians .
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by Minsk24: 6:51am On Jun 20, 2020
stainchris:
If we want to really make head way in this our God forsaken country.

We have to start from our bogus military-like constitution and ensure that we have a central database and go digital in all our operations most especially our election processes.

Scrap federal character and quota systems.
Scrap state of origin, ethnicity and religion from our constitution.

Invest massively in our educational systems,both formal and informal. Make primary and secondary schools free and compulsory.

Invest in electricity and health care industry.

Put the right persons in the right job no where he or she comes from.

The judiciary too must up their games and ensure that justice is done without delay.

Decentralize power and make the states and local government source fund independently.

Chai, they know all these but greed and selfishness won't allow them.
We keep moving in circles and keep blaming each other.

Una good morning oh!!!!

Baba you dy reason i swear...

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by ObaKlaz: 6:52am On Jun 20, 2020
J111333:
Oga na now you know? Be deceiving yourself inugo.
National debate my ugly black ass. sad
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by Kingnelson9: 6:53am On Jun 20, 2020
Audio govt! We dnt even knw who is really rulin this country!! Take a good look at USA, trump can stand at anywhere and anytime to give account of his govt with facts and figure correctly,putting amerians first b4 him and his own,same goes to putin of russia,xi of china etc these are the type of leaders needed in nigeria,nt these errend boy hovering everywhere.Bullshit they want to cut cost bt are borrowing billions every year...faild leader...corona must wipe u all
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by DexterousOne(m): 6:56am On Jun 20, 2020
SmartPolician:

That is false

It can work perfectly

There are countries that have more population and better advanced without 2 Chambers

Nigeria is a big joke!

A country like Nigeria cannot have one chamber

The cost of governance is high
And as such will need to reduce costs across board

But not scrapping one house
Britain that is far less populated than Nigeria still has more reps than Nigeria

Reduction of the COST of governance is the key here

Not tampering with the STRUCTURE.

We can start by revisiting this madness called "constituency project allowances"

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by DexterousOne(m): 6:56am On Jun 20, 2020
SmartPolician:

That is false

It can work perfectly

Nigeria is a big joke!

Name one country Nigeria size and status with one chamber.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by ObaKlaz: 6:56am On Jun 20, 2020
The sad thing about Nigeria as a nation is that we can easily pinpoint our problems and even profer intelligent solutions.

...but at the end of the day, all the talks and deliberations remain nothing but mere talks and the status quo stands.

It's bizarre.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by OgundeleTeju: 7:00am On Jun 20, 2020
I agree with you
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate by Fragility6: 7:00am On Jun 20, 2020
J111333:
Oga na now you know? Be deceiving yourself inugo.
National debate my ugly black ass. sad
The Confab report during GEJ government nkor.Diz govt. no jst wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. / Bandits Kill Councillor, Samaila Buhari Mairago, In Funtua Town / 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.