Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Do 'black Lives Matter'? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do 'black Lives Matter'? (208 Views)

Muhiyidin Moye, Black Lives Matter Activist, Is Shot And Killed In New Orleans / These 15 Things Will Matter A Lot Less To You In The Future / Libya's Modern Slave Trade: When Will Black Lives Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do 'black Lives Matter'? by teemanbastos(m): 1:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
Do 'Black Lives Matter'?

Why are we having this discussion ?

An African-American Man, George Floyd died from medical complications induced by a policeman (may his soul RIP). This sparked tensions and has resulted in protests from the Black community, it caught my attention since I am a black myself tho' my black is still learning besides Kenyan belle Lupita Nyong'o.
I am a human being fortunate enough to be endowed with a black skin and I by skin tonation belong to the black nation worldwide.

So are white-skinned people superior to black-skinnned people?

The reason we appreciate the whites so much in our modern world is because of the excellent lifestyle they have adopted - glassy high-rise buildings, highly developed societies, top-notch facilities, luxurious collections,smart educational facilities. If there's a reality like an ideal world, it's embodied by them.
We are awed by the achievements of the white - they are a modern wonder.

Juneteenth (June 19) is a US holiday that celebrates the end of slavery dated back from 1865 - it is quite a symbolic event because it broke the notion that white-skinned humans were unequal to black-skinned humans.

How did slavery survive in the first place?
Slavery survived on mutual grounds between whites and blacks.
The white men came into a dark continent whose inhabitants saw the birth of twins as taboo, believed that thunderstorms were expressions of the wrath of gods and believed in gods inhabiting material things, the adventurous white men stumbled on the continent with their mirrors, powders, medicines, parchments and their succulent white skins.
This sight intrigued the blacks(our forefathers).

The kings of the blacks(shamen or priests) in turn exchanged their servants for these things - mirrors, gunpowders and even lands containing precious stones. [these priests had never seen mirrors in their lives, having their images being reflected to them was so intriguing, they valued it immensely and exchanged their servants readily for them]

So, the slave business was birthed and grew greatly - not so profitable for the slaves on the short run since their feelings were ignored but ended up being profitable on the long run, their children's children ended up being grafted into the countries they were sold into - the biblical Joseph being an example, eventually becoming a prime minister in a foreign country.
Blacks today have become a major lubricant in the wheel driving great developments in white-propietored nations today.

Back to the question, are white-skinned people superior?

Color is just is. A green-colored apple is not necessarily sweeter than a brown-colored apple. What determines the sweetness has got to be its content not skin color. The color is an ornament.

Intelligence is what accounts for superiority not skin color. Intelligence in this sense is broader than IQ, emotional intelligence or even our intelligence agencies.
Intelligence encompasses all of those - it is the ability of man to think, and to take productive actions that will ultimately result in tangible developments.
I'm referring to the Intelligence that separates man from animals.

Civilization started from Africa.
Yes - from people with black skins.
It wasn't about the skin, it was about the quality of Intelligence possessed.

The wonder of the ancient world - the pyramids of Egypt -was built by black people.
Where did the prototype, architectural designs come from? It came from the minds of black-skinned people.

The Wealthiest king of ancient times - King Solomon the great who annually received over 666 talents of gold (~22 tonnes worth about $ 1.3bn today) from giftings alone throughout his 40-year reign was black-skinned.
He was highly emotionally intelligent that women of royal calibre fell for him in their thousands- his son (Menelik I), from his relationship with the Queen of Sheba(Balikis) became the first Emperor of Ethiopia.

The Intelligent Israelis of today were once slaves of the black-skinned Egyptians before Moses himself trained by the intelligence of the blacks, liberated his people and took them to where they are today. .

Black-skinned people have always and will always possess tremendous amounts of intelligence and power.

History is cyclical, if the black-skinned people were geniuses at a time, there need be a baton switch to other categories of people, so the baton switched to the white-skinned people and they have mastery of the modern world today by virtue of their Intelligence.

It's just like the earth rotating the sun, there is day and night. So is it with everything in life.

Tomorrow, the blacks will become masters of the world again and this writing will appear puzzling to coming generations who would find it hard to believe that Africa was ever a dark continent based on how ultra-developed their world would have become by then.

Right thinking and intelligence is not color-selective.
Anybody can cultivate it.

Being Human is vital to a meaningful life and cultivating values makes one so, values are not race-selective.

Thought and ideas rule the world, to change external circumstances, change your thoughts.

Whether All lives matter or All lives do not matter. It depends on your outlook and how you see the world.

I'm a Black Pacifist and believe in Peace.

June 20 2020.
Re: Do 'black Lives Matter'? by ModestGal(f): 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
teemanbastos:
Do 'Black Lives Matter'?

Why are we having this discussion ?

An African-American Man, George Floyd died from medical complications induced by a policeman (may his soul RIP). This sparked tensions and has resulted in protests from the Black community, it caught my attention since I am a black myself tho' my black is still learning besides Kenyan belle Lupita Nyong'o.
I am a human being fortunate enough to be endowed with a black skin and I by skin tonation belong to the black nation worldwide.

So are white-skinned people superior to black-skinnned people?

The reason we appreciate the whites so much in our modern world is because of the excellent lifestyle they have adopted - glassy high-rise buildings, highly developed societies, top-notch facilities, luxurious collections,smart educational facilities. If there's a reality like an ideal world, it's embodied by them.
We are awed by the achievements of the white - they are a modern wonder.

Juneteenth (June 19) is a US holiday that celebrates the end of slavery dated back from 1865 - it is quite a symbolic event because it broke the notion that white-skinned humans were unequal to black-skinned humans.

How did slavery survive in the first place?
Slavery survived on mutual grounds between whites and blacks.
The white men came into a dark continent whose inhabitants saw the birth of twins as taboo, believed that thunderstorms were expressions of the wrath of gods and believed in gods inhabiting material things, the adventurous white men stumbled on the continent with their mirrors, powders, medicines, parchments and their succulent white skins.
This sight intrigued the blacks(our forefathers).

The kings of the blacks(shamen or priests) in turn exchanged their servants for these things - mirrors, gunpowders and even lands containing precious stones. [these priests had never seen mirrors in their lives, having their images being reflected to them was so intriguing, they valued it immensely and exchanged their servants readily for them]

So, the slave business was birthed and grew greatly - not so profitable for the slaves on the short run since their feelings were ignored but ended up being profitable on the long run, their children's children ended up being grafted into the countries they were sold into - the biblical Joseph being an example, eventually becoming a prime minister in a foreign country.
Blacks today have become a major lubricant in the wheel driving great developments in white-propietored nations today.

Back to the question, are white-skinned people superior?

Color is just is. A green-colored apple is not necessarily sweeter than a brown-colored apple. What determines the sweetness has got to be its content not skin color. The color is an ornament.

Intelligence is what accounts for superiority not skin color. Intelligence in this sense is broader than IQ, emotional intelligence or even our intelligence agencies.
Intelligence encompasses all of those - it is the ability of man to think, and to take productive actions that will ultimately result in tangible developments.
I'm referring to the Intelligence that separates man from animals.

Civilization started from Africa.
Yes - from people with black skins.
It wasn't about the skin, it was about the quality of Intelligence possessed.

The wonder of the ancient world - the pyramids of Egypt -was built by black people.
Where did the prototype, architectural designs come from? It came from the minds of black-skinned people.

The Wealthiest king of ancient times - King Solomon the great who annually received over 666 talents of gold (~22 tonnes worth about $ 1.3bn today) from giftings alone throughout his 40-year reign was black-skinned.
He was highly emotionally intelligent that women of royal calibre fell for him in their thousands- his son (Menelik I), from his relationship with the Queen of Sheba(Balikis) became the first Emperor of Ethiopia.

The Intelligent Israelis of today were once slaves of the black-skinned Egyptians before Moses himself trained by the intelligence of the blacks, liberated his people and took them to where they are today. .

Black-skinned people have always and will always possess tremendous amounts of intelligence and power.

History is cyclical, if the black-skinned people were geniuses at a time, there need be a baton switch to other categories of people, so the baton switched to the white-skinned people and they have mastery of the modern world today by virtue of their Intelligence.

It's just like the earth rotating the sun, there is day and night. So is it with everything in life.

Tomorrow, the blacks will become masters of the world again and this writing will appear puzzling to coming generations who would find it hard to believe that Africa was ever a dark continent based on how ultra-developed their world would have become by then.

Right thinking and intelligence is not color-selective.
Anybody can cultivate it.

Being Human is vital to a meaningful life and cultivating values makes one so, values are not race-selective.

Thought and ideas rule the world, to change external circumstances, change your thoughts.

Whether All lives matter or All lives do not matter. It depends on your outlook and how you see the world.

I'm a Black Pacifist and believe in Peace.

June 20 2020.
Lovely write up

2 Likes

Re: Do 'black Lives Matter'? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: Do 'black Lives Matter'? by atheistandproud(m): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
Xavfra:
If you're black and a Christian, slap yourself....

A book that promotes slavery. Tueh

2 Likes

Re: Do 'black Lives Matter'? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
atheistandproud:

A book that promotes slavery. Tueh

Aswr......

What rubbish is that ....
Rather than condemn slavery, the drunkard condemned atheism ...

And blind Africans will still accept him

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Book Smart Or Street Smart - Which Is Better? / Logistics Services In Lagos / How To Get Contract From Offices, Hotels And Individuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.