Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,445 members, 7,954,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:35 AM

Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag (24230 Views)

Political Betrayal: Is Governor Obaseki The Tambuwal Of The south / Laughter As Ngige Taunts Peter Obi At The Tribunal Over ‘Server’ Claim / Apple Has Deleted Its Facebook And Instagram Pages For Itunes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by tinsel: 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
'The bad apple has taken itself out of the bag’ — Ize-Iyamu taunts Obaseki

Osagie Ize-Iyamu, a governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo, has taunted Godwin Obaseki, governor of the state, over his exit from APC.

The APC had disqualified Obaseki from the governorship primary over alleged defective certificate and the governor subsequently defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which granted him waiver to seek its ticket for the election.

In an interview with The Sun, Ize-Iyamu said Obaseki attempted to impose himself as the candidate of APC before he was disqualified.

There are indications that the two of them will swap places in the September 19 election, Ize-Iyamu, the APC candidate and Obaseki, the APC candidate.

But Ize-Iyamu said he is confident of defeating the governor who trounced him inn 2016 when he was the PDP candidate.

“He (Obaseki) has now left the party, following his rightful disqualification. Many party members heaved a sigh of relief when he left and currently, we are closing ranks and unifying the party for the election,” he said.

“Should my party elect me at the primaries on June 22, all the issues you speak of will be resolved in no time because really, they are all political. As aforementioned, we are already reaching out to everyone involved now that the bad apple has voluntarily taken itself out of the bag.”

Ize-Iyamu said the people of Edo are unhappy with the governor and ready to send him out of office.

“Whether in the APC or any other platform, as long as the contest will be determined by Edo people, I am confident of victory against him. If you drive around the state today and feel the pulse of the people, you will understand why I am that confident,” he said.

“The verdict is out on Obaseki’s term as governor and in summary, the people are tired of his problematic leadership, which has focused only on personal battles and needless confrontations.

“These contentions are not unusual during election campaigns and processes. Nevertheless, there is a feeling of peculiarity with that of Edo State at this time due largely to desperation of the incumbent Governor Godwin Obaseki, who was determined to impose himself on the party in ways that were undemocratic before his exit.

“You saw how he attempted all kinds of tactics, including restricting membership of the party only to those who shared his view, making his personal wishes the law, and devoting resources into brewing confusion and chaos across all levels of the party’s leadership just to have his way.

“However, as you know, he has now left the party, following his rightful disqualification. Many party members heaved a sigh of relief when he left and currently, we are closing ranks and unifying the party for the election. Should my party elect me at the primaries on June 22, all the issues you speak of will be resolved in no time because really, they are political.

https://www.thecable.ng/the-bad-apple-has-taken-itself-out-of-the-bag-ize-iyamu-taunts-obaseki

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by SLAP44: 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
The only thing Ize Iyamu can offer Edo state is bad mouth.

He has no plans, no policies but just using verbal attacks on hiss opponent. Reminds me of Rochas the failed APC governor.

Btw, is Ize Iyamu not related to the George Iyamu, the popular armed robber of the Anini era ?

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by LivingSage: 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
We know. He and his followers are damn Hypocrite. He accused someone, fold of what he does.
And what was Obaseki's achievements that can be use to campaign Slap44? Tell us

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by Judeerons32: 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
Very apt. Apc members refrained from criticizing Obaseki for long because he was an Apc member allowing him to just spew unsubstantiated allegations against members of his party but now the truth will be spoken without colouration.
He has not mentioned one instance where Comrade forced a decision on him.
He claims to have refused to share Edo money with godfathers one would have expected infrastructural development to b twice as much from the savings. But the reverse is the case.
In 3yrs plus not a single school or hospital built. Roads are a sorry sight.
Comrade fought godfather by showing Edo what he built without godfather interference. Obaseki should show his score card.

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by FlordFlorez(m): 6:08pm On Jun 20, 2020
Let the war begins!
Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by KindlyAssist: 6:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
Dirty politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by adioolayi(m): 6:24pm On Jun 20, 2020
Let's see how it goes
Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by tesppidd: 6:24pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ize Iyanmu the real grassroot man.

Let them just get them court cases out of the way and Obaseki is an arsenal fan.

13 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by ODJ124(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
grin grin grin
*A classmate lost her mom then we contributed money for one guy to send on our behalf this guy chop the money and told us if his mother dies, we should not pay him .*...

isoright...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by Golden057(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
Who told you sir that you are the next governor

13 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
This man is a pastor?

6 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by elujah1(m): 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
Same people

1 Like

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by ednut1(m): 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
Nigeria should apply for recolonization

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by tammie24: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
This one too don get mouth

Bad egg indeed

4 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by Freelanxx: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
I am an experienced Graphics Editor.
I Can help you Create a professional Certificate, Flyers, Editor, and also any Freelancing Job such as Editing documents, Professional Video editing and any other Virtual Job.

Kindly Call me or what app me Via 081¬°897°¬28348

1 Like

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by bukatyne(f): 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
Any Nigerian who doesn't understand that APC and PDP are two sides of a coin has not started.

12 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by dapsoneh: 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
Politicians with no shame, this is coming from someone who was part of the 'bad apples' in the bad party where the new bad apple defected to.
Shior!!!!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by holyDaniel: 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
G
Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
I think it's the better apple out of the bag... what has been good about the bag?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by techmo(m): 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
cool

without federal might and with opposition PDP, Ize Iyamu did just fine

last election
Popular vote
Ize Iyamu 253,173 vs Obaseki 319,483 2015

Percentage
Ize Iyamu 41.28% Obaseki 52.09 % 2016

Now that Ipobians have decided to meddle with the so called "ZOO" Politics and support Obaseki, we know he is dead before aroval

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by Digitalstarlite: 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
If you are at dis stage believing naija gov...u re on a long tin...

Dey are all scams

6 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by ABBAkyari: 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2020
Criminal Ize-iyamu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by Login12: 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
Loud mouth
Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by meobizy(f): 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
With the rate these men’s news hit front page nowadays it won’t surprise me to see a picture of them breaking that fourteen-year-in-prison-law. So, another election is looming and this dustbin of a place is forming relevance by continuously reporting on it? Lol. Nairaland.
Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by jasent(m): 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
tinsel:

https://www.thecable.ng/the-bad-apple-has-taken-itself-out-of-the-bag-ize-iyamu-taunts-obaseki
And they called this one pastor..Go and clear your court case first before you open your mouth.
Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by DennisEche(m): 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
Thief shut up.Oshomole never gave you any appointment because of your thieving nature.
I am ashamed to refer to you as a pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by cnandy: 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
Rubbish
Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by Jh0wsef(m): 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
lol
Re: Ize-Iyamu Taunts Obaseki: The Bad Apple Has Taken Itself Out Of The Bag by iokpebholo: 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
I said it,this man is nothing but a China made pastor.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tantita Apprehends Another Vessel For Oil Theft (pics) / PDP Presidential Campaign In Jalingo, Taraba (Photos) / The Only Boy Captured & Released With Dapchi Schoolgirls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.