Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki (841 Views)

Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) / Akeredolu Disqualified By Screening Committee, Announcement Expected Soon / The Moment APC Screening Committee Disqualified Obaseki (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki by Johnnyessence(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
By Dirisu Yakubu – Abuja
Edo State governor, Godwin Obaseki, has passed the screening test of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP ahead of Thursday’s primaries, having submitted all academic credentials for scrutiny.
Obaseki who arrived the Wadata Plaza, national headquarters of the PDP at 2:50 PM loval time, brimmed with smiles as he told reporters that contrary to tales woven around his certificates, he presented same to the screening committee without any issue arising thereof.
He said: “The screening was fair, it was very professionally done. You could see objectivity and I presented all my certificates- my secondary school, higher school, university and my National Youth Service Certificates, so that they can look at them and see if there are inconsistencies in them.
“You can ask the screening committee if there are any inconsistencies in any of them.”
He thanked governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, even as he claimed that he enjoys support across the country.
“I thank God that I enjoy national support not just from my colleagues from the APC. I think the support is national. There are elder statesmen who are apolitical, there are traditional rulers.
“I have people from different spectrums of the society who come around to support. Generally, I think Nigerians are generally fair-minded people. They are people who do not accept injustice.
ALSO READ: Edo Guber: PDP Governors, Mandate Forum Pledge Support For Obaseki, Shaibu
“From what I have seen over the past several weeks and months, the support is just across board. It is not just from APC governors alone.”
He pledged to continue consultation with other governorship aspirants saying, “I am not a dividing candidate. I am speaking with all the aspirants. My hope and purpose for the PDP is to have a united and very strong party.
“Party primary should not be divisive because we as a party are focused on the same objective and because we are separate individuals, our approaches may be different.
“So party primary in my view should not be acrimonious and destructive. And there are common grounds, common interest and I am very very hopeful that I will get it even as there are quite a number of delegates for the exercise.
He dismissed the insinuation of wrestling with any ideological change following his defection to the PDP. According to him, “my experience is that having served four years as a governor,
“I don’t see that ideological divide, it doesn’t exist. I think the focus for me is development. Whether you are a conservative or a progressive, it is expected that the outcome should be development.
READ ALSO: Oshiomhole’s Ward Executives Lift Suspension
“And unfortunately, I get a bit confused in the APC that at some point, I was being accused of not sharing the money.
“When we were campaigning against PDP, we said that the problem there was that they were sharing the money. So for me, it cannot be about ideology.
“At this point in time, it is important that I provide strong and correct leadership, provide a direction for the country and about our people, provide the basic amenities that they need, education, health care, good infrastructure.
“These are the things that our people are yearning for. These are the things that we are doing in Edo state today.
“So whether as a progressive or as a conservative, my ideology is about the people; getting the people to enjoy the benefits of democracy,” he added.
Governor Obaseki would on Thursday, June 25th, test his popularity at the delegate election against the trio of Hon. Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama, Engineer Gideon Ikhine, and Mr Kenneth Imansuangbon, unless a consensus arrangement is arrived at.
Obaseki had on Friday defected to the PDP alongside the Edo state deputy governor, Mr Philip Shaibu with whom he intends to seek a renewal of his mandate on September 19 this year.
Vanguard News Nigeria.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/edo-guber-i-presented-all-certificates-to-pdp-screening-committee-―-obaseki/
Re: Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki by Johnnyessence(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
more winning for you

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki by helinues: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
When we were campaigning against PDP, we said that the problem there was that they were sharing the money

Obaseki can lie for West Africa....

How much did you have then that will make you have the gut to question how money was been spent?

Obaseki seems desperate... Oshiomole seems arrogant while Ize Iyamu seems confused

Edo people seem.......
Re: Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki by Officialgarri: 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
You presented them doesn't mean the genuineness is not questionable

The PDP I know doesn't care about sense or certificate. They only want someone who can pull crowd and will play along with all forms of rigging

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki by Jesusloveyou: 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2020
Hahahahahaha.
So you back to your vomit,
You vow never to go anywhere, that you must contest under APC,
You also said you will not share money to any politician, and you agreed that PDP is know for sharing money,
So who are you deceiving?

Moreover, PDP will not bother to screen you or your credentials because they're desperate to have you and your money.

But be ready to be parking your bags before November 12.
Re: Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki by AsomArchitectNG(m): 6:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
Congratulations To Gov. Obaseki 4+4 is non negotiable

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki by joyandfaith: 6:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
helinues:

Obaseki can lie for West Africa....

How much did you have then that will make you have the gut to question how money was been spent?

Obaseki seems desperate... Oshiomole seems arrogant while Ize Iyamu seems confused

Edo people seem.......

I like neutral comment like this.
Re: Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki by KellyGay(m): 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
This election will define who our politicians truly are. It is indeed a must-watch season movie. All actors are acting the script so well. INEC and the judiciary should get ready to work their asses.
Re: Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki by Ojiofor: 7:12pm On Jun 20, 2020
Officialgarri:
You presented them doesn't mean the genuineness is not questionable

The PDP I know doesn't care about sense or certificate. They only want someone who can pull crowd and will play along with all forms of rigging

APC is a party of illiterates and certificate forgers.Did your president submit any certificate for screening?

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki by Racoon(m): 7:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
[s]
Jesusloveyou:
So you back to your vomit......
[/s]
Jesusloveyou:
thank God, this corrupt pastor ize iyamu should be sleeping in jail,
According to Oshiomhole, “I didn’t appoint Ize-Iyamu because of his past record, I would not be comfortable to put government money in his hand, that is why I kept him completely out of government, I didn’t even give him a board appointment.He was part of the government that looted Edo State treasury.

“Usually, a governor appoints the Director-General of his campaign after his election, but I didn’t appoint him into government because I have his records, I do not trust him.
You must know who you can use for what.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/08/29/ize-iyamu-cant-be-trusted-with-govt-treasury-oshiomhole/

You must be in utter confusion now right? Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki by quickberry(m): 8:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
Racoon:
[s][/s]

[s]According to Oshiomhole, “I didn’t appoint Ize-Iyamu because of his past record, I would not be comfortable to put government money in his hand, that is why I kept him completely out of government, I didn’t even give him a board appointment.He was part of the government that looted Edo State treasury.

“Usually, a governor appoints the Director-General of his campaign after his election, but I didn’t appoint him into government because I have his records, I do not trust him.
You must know who you can use for what.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/08/29/ize-iyamu-cant-be-trusted-with-govt-treasury-oshiomhole/

You must be in utter confusion now right? Hypocrite[/s].

(1) (Reply)

Why Oshiomole And Tinubu Are A Threat To Arewa Hegemonic Oligarchy / This Man Predicted The Exact Events Of The 2020 US Election / Buhari Supporters Bursted For Posting Fake Pictures As Presidential Welcome At M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.