Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,597,541 members, 6,027,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 December 2020 at 10:43 AM

Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 (1032 Views)

Xiaomi Mi A3 Android 10 Update Review - Is It Stable Or Not? (photos) / Xiaomi Redmni Note 7 3gb/32 Needed Asap / If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by edoairways: 10:06pm On Jun 20
Xiaomi has posted some bad news for Redmi Note 8 owners who were excited about receiving an Android 10 update for their smartphone. It seems the Chinese OEM has had to suspend the update process because of “some major bugs”. The Redmi Note 8 and Note 8T were released in August 2019.
The protracted tale of the Redmi Note 8 Android 10 update saga has taken yet another surprising turn that will undoubtedly dismay owners of the hugely popular Xiaomi smartphone. Just as the company finally started releasing the Android 10 update for the Redmi Note 8, the process had to be almost immediately suspended.

It was recently reported about MIUI 12 development being halted for the Redmi Note 8 because the phone was being prepped to receive the much-anticipated Android 10 update. Apparently, according to PiunikaWeb, the Android 10 update rollout for the Redmi Note 8 had already started, but the discovery of “some major bugs” has now led to its suspension.

Xiaomi has not revealed what the bugs were; however, Redmi Note 8 owners can still download the firmware (link below in "sources"wink if they want to utilize Android 10, but it’s very important to note here that if Xiaomi has ceased the update because of major issues, it might be best to wait for now. Users downloading the software do so at their own risk.

Redmi Note 8 owners will now have to wait until at least early July before any Android 10 update rollout recommences. The Dragon Boat Festival is starting soon in China, so Xiaomi’s engineers will be busy enjoying a rest during the holiday period. Work in regard to MIUI 12 beta updates and this particular Redmi Note 8 issue is expected to begin again from July 3.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by pheranme9(m): 10:37pm On Jun 20
i no like this kind rough play ooo and i'm planning to get the note 8 next week or so

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by helpfindbolu: 11:27pm On Jun 20

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by edoairways: 11:55pm On Jun 20
pheranme9:
i no like this kind rough play ooo and i'm planning to get the note 8 next week or so
Hopefully by July the update should be released

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by edoairways: 10:49pm On Jul 20
It has been postponed indefinitely
Re: Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by Jeffy1206(m): 3:42am On Jul 21
Your topic should be changed. Suspend instead of suspect. Abi na me no understand engrish again? sad

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by Emmerich09(m): 7:44am On Jul 21
Old news.... Confirm before coming here to post... The redmi note 8 and note 8T are on course on receiving both the android 10 update and the miui 12 update early August...

Re: Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by edoairways: 11:31am On Jul 21
Emmerich09:
Old news.... Confirm before coming here to post... The redmi note 8 and note 8T are on course on receiving both the android 10 update and the miui 12 update early August...
Kk
Re: Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by okorojoe(m): 4:56pm On Jul 21
edoairways:
It has been postponed indefinitely
Nope. It still under development (China ROM)
Re: Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by edoairways: 5:59pm On Jul 21
okorojoe:

Nope. It still under development (China ROM)
Ok
Re: Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by yungrylex00(m): 9:00pm On Jul 21
Venoms001:

Who cares. Useless brand that only knows how to release a harmful update
im presently using a redmi 8 device and it beats all the tecno and infinix trash I hv used bfr now

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by edoairways: 5:27pm On Nov 22
Emmerich09:
Many haven't received it yet why?

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra Unboxing And Review (video) / Please I Need Nokia 6230i To Buy / Security Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.