Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

True And False Repentance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True And False Repentance (158 Views)

True Repentance Vs False Repentance / Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo / Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

True And False Repentance by Missyajoke(f): 10:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
True repentance involves a change of opinion respecting the nature of sin and this change of opinion followed by a corresponding change of feeling towards sin. Feeling is the result of thought. To one who truly repents sin looks like a very different thing from what it does to him who has not repented. Instead of looking like a thing that is desirable or fascinating it looks the very opposite. Sinners do not see why God threatens sin with such terrible punks. They love it so well themselves, that they cannot see why God should look at it in such a light as to think it worthy of everlasting punishment. When they are strongly convicted, they see it differently. The word rendered repentance implies all this. It implies a change in the state of the mind including all this. The careless sinner is almost devoid of right ideas, even so far as this life is concerned, respecting the desert of sin. Suppose he admits in theory that sin deserves eternal death, he does not believe it. If he believed it, it would be impossible for him to remain a careless sinner. In true repentance there must be a corresponding change of feeling. The individual who truly repents, not only sees sin to be detestable and vile, and worthy of abhorrence but he really abhors it, and hates it in his heart. A person may see sin to be hurtful and abominable, while yet his heart loves it, and desires it and clings to it. But when he truly repents, he most heartily abhors and renounces it. True repentance is a permanent change of character. The individual who has truly repented, has so changed his views and feelings, that he will not change back again, or go back to the love of sin.
False repentance is said to be wordly. False Repentance is founded in selfishness for example he may feel remorse but no true repentance. It leaves the feelings unchanged. It leads to hypocritical concealment: the individual who has exercised true Repentance is willing to have it known that he has repented while false repentance resorts to excuses and lying to cover his sins, and he is ashamed of his repentance. False Repentance leads to false security. False Repentance leads to self- righteousness and it hardens the heart.

Points to Take Note Of:
1. How is it with you?
2. Are you ashamed to have any person to talk with you about your sins?

What sin are you hiding is it addiction, stealing, masturbation. True repentance can save you from this sins. Give your life to Jesus and you'll see how he'll turn things around for you. Jesus gives peace of mind which you can ever imagine. To give your life to Jesus say the following:
Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God, that you died on the cross to rescue me from sin and death and to restore me to the Father. I choose now to turn from my sins, my self-centeredness, and every part of my life that does not please you. I choose you. I give myself to you. I receive your forgiveness and ask you to take your rightful place in my life as my Savior and Lord. Come reign in my heart, fill me with your love and your life, and help me to become a person who is truly loving—a person like you. Restore me, Jesus. Live in me. Love through me. Thank you, God. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Goodnight everyone
Re: True And False Repentance by Kobojunkie: 12:12am On Jun 21, 2020
Repentance was preached, not to sinners, but to those who already believe in God.

John the Baptist preached repentance to the chosen people of israel who already believed in God.

Paul preached repentance to the believers whom his letters addressed.

James, John, Jude and Peter preached repentance to all those who believe but are not livinh according to the commmandments of God.

To sinners, Jesus Christ urged His followers to preach instead the gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, the new Covenant ow available to all those who will chose Him, and believe on.
Re: True And False Repentance by malvisguy212: 12:39am On Jun 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Repentance was preached, not to sinners, but to those who already believe in God.

John the Baptist preached repentance to the chosen people of israel who already believed in God.

Paul preached repentance to the believers whom his letters addressed.

James, John, Jude and Peter preached repentance to all those who believe but are not livinh according to the commmandments of God.

To sinners, Jesus Christ urged His followers to preach instead the gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, the new Covenant ow available to all those who will chose Him, and believe on.
you are a devil advocate, roaming the Internet to Deceive Christians, Dear brothers and sisters, please ignore this guy, he is an Atheist.
Luke 5:32
I have not come to call the righteous, but
sinners to repentance."

I remember back then, my dad went to a village to preach the Gospel, villagers that has never known the gospel before, as he was preaching, house to house, a lady was busy undoing what my dad was doing, any house my dad enter, the lady go in there to attack the message. To God be the Glory, many of the villagers were converted to Christianity and the lady was put to shame.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Baby Christians Need To Grow First / Early Morning Dew / Jesus Has Been Revealed Come And Know Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.