Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

I Have A Question About The Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have A Question About The Law (199 Views)

Osagie Ehanire Silent On Question About Abba Kyari’s Whereabouts / Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) / Amaechi's Look As Buhari Mumbles Over A Question At Town Hall Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Question About The Law by Prinss: 12:34am On Jun 21, 2020
Scenerio:
A man commits a crime with cruel, wicked, and malicious intent, knowingly and consciously. Well planned, well premeditated. There were eyewitnesses to testify to these crimes. families were shattered, lives lost, pain and sorrow borne in the hearts of those related to the victims.

My Question
Isn't it irrational to think that someone fully aware of these things will still go-ahead to represent this man as a defense attorney in a law court in an effort to set him free?? Why does the law allow this? How do these lawyers even feel defending/trying to defend these people?

Ps: This does not include, framed up cases, man-slaughter, crimes caused by provocation, etc. The culprit was well aware of what they were doing

#themaninthemirror
Re: I Have A Question About The Law by Akhigbeblog(m): 12:41am On Jun 21, 2020
Where man dey work na there e dey chop
Re: I Have A Question About The Law by Prinss: 10:25am On Jun 21, 2020
Akhigbeblog:
Where man dey work na there e dey chop

Even in the face of injustice??
Re: I Have A Question About The Law by orisa37: 11:05am On Jun 21, 2020
That's why we have Judges to arbitrate between The Plaintiffs and The Defendants. The Disaster in NIGERIA is that the Executive select Judges and Law Enforcement officers who will do the Executive Biddings and incriminate innocent Citizens.

BUHARI sets up Miyetti Allah FULANI Herdsmen.
FULANI HERDSMEN required $150million to carry out the killing of innocent NIGERIANS. Before BUHARI answered, Emefiele provided $100million to Miyetti Allah to retain his Job. That's irrational.
Re: I Have A Question About The Law by Mosetgg: 11:12am On Jun 21, 2020
Nigeria is run under the constitution and so every person must be treated as stipulated in the constitution.

Section 36 (6) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria provides that a person arrested on allegation of commission of a criminal offence has the right to seek legal counsel from a lawyer and also the right to be defended by a legal practitioner of her choice.

It's a constitutional right for any accused person to be represented by a lawyer before judgement is given.

(1) (Reply)

"We Will Salvage The APC" - Nwuke / Power Grid Has Collapsed 108 Times After Privatisation – TCN / Nationalized Banking.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.