Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Radio Kogi Shutdown Over Non-availability Of Money To Buy Petrol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Radio Kogi Shutdown Over Non-availability Of Money To Buy Petrol (433 Views)

10 Companies That Shutdown Over Worsening Economy / Nigerians Should Buy Petrol At ₦256 Per Litre – NNPC Boss, Kyari / Nigeria Is The 6th Cheapest Place To Buy Petrol In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radio Kogi Shutdown Over Non-availability Of Money To Buy Petrol by MANDIPUTIN: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2020
Kogi Radio, the popular Confluence FM has been closed down over lack of money to buy petrol WAR has learned.

The station that commenced operation in 1992 and is located at the hilltop of the famous Mt Patti has since been shut down since Tuesday.

Mr. Ameh, a Lokoja resident who is very close to the Managing Director of the radio station, explained how the MD has been funding the radio station with his money and could not continue because he does not have money anymore as a result of the coronavirus consequences.

He explained that some of his friends that work at the radio station have since stopped going to work for over a week.

This is even as he narrated that the station works partially before it was finally shut down.

Mr. Amana, another Lokoja resident, who prefers his first name mentioned, told WAR the radio station has been struggling to operate, pointing out that it works less than eight hours in a day as against 24 hours a radio station of its kind is supposed to operate.

Insider sources within the radio station told WAR, the Kogi State government has since stopped funding the radio, and, has stopped it from accessing any fund from the state.

The sources added that the refusal of the state government to fund the radio has since exposed it to struggle for survival which cannot continue for lack of funds.

When WAR, sought the explanation of Mr. Kingsley Fanwo, the Kogi state commissioner of information, he declined to speak.

https://observerstimes.com/radio-kogi-shutdown-over-non-availability-of-money-to-buy-petrol/amp/

Re: Radio Kogi Shutdown Over Non-availability Of Money To Buy Petrol by XXXXTENTACION: 9:31am On Jun 21, 2020
Wahala yazzo. cheesy
m

2 Likes

Re: Radio Kogi Shutdown Over Non-availability Of Money To Buy Petrol by Nbote(m): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2020
Lolzzzz
Re: Radio Kogi Shutdown Over Non-availability Of Money To Buy Petrol by fykes(m): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2020
Kogi state is a place I will love to reside when I return to naija...
I dig I can buy more with less over there.
Re: Radio Kogi Shutdown Over Non-availability Of Money To Buy Petrol by GOFRONT(m): 9:39am On Jun 21, 2020
Chaiii.....Yaya....Yaya

Just take a look at those holes beneath the wall AC.

A black mamba can attack from there when a presenter is on the microphone...
Re: Radio Kogi Shutdown Over Non-availability Of Money To Buy Petrol by Georgry(m): 9:40am On Jun 21, 2020
grin
Re: Radio Kogi Shutdown Over Non-availability Of Money To Buy Petrol by iluvdonjazzy: 9:42am On Jun 21, 2020
Yahaya Bello will never disappoint us.

2 Likes

Re: Radio Kogi Shutdown Over Non-availability Of Money To Buy Petrol by hargbolahan01: 10:37am On Jun 21, 2020
even see from where the gov is talking....it doesn't look like a radio station it's self
Re: Radio Kogi Shutdown Over Non-availability Of Money To Buy Petrol by softset: 10:47am On Jun 21, 2020
Look at the wall beside the governor, I will not step into such a place ...

I guess the governor went there only when he needed them.

Please allocate funds to fix the place
Re: Radio Kogi Shutdown Over Non-availability Of Money To Buy Petrol by Adayi1(m): 11:08am On Jun 21, 2020
In Kogi centre.. There are 3 radio stations. 2 Private and 1 govt owned, they are all working optimally. There is more to the shutting down of that radio station.

(1) (Reply)

'I Will Lift 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty' - Buhari / Defection To APC: Dogara Is Suffering From Witchcraft Attack, Says Fani-kayode / Atiku's 2023 Chances Under Threat As Crisis Rocks Support Organisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.