Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,822 members, 7,851,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:13 AM

The Idols Of The Mind - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Idols Of The Mind (140 Views)

Indians Are Throwing their Idols Inside River For Not Saving India From Covid-19 / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Idols Of The Mind by Agunkwo: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2020
The idols of our mind
Dr. Caroline Leaf says this in her book Switch On Your Brain,
“As we think, we change the physical nature of our brain. As we consciously direct our thinking, we can wire out toxic patterns of thinking and replace them with healthy thoughts.”
In essence, she is saying , science is proving free will and relationship between thoughts and reality
Sometimes ago a lady meet me for counseling. She was convinced that God does not speak to his present day prophets, her reason was based on the fact that she approached her pastors not one but several to inquire of the lord if the man she was dating was indeed her God chosen husband, all her pastors said the same same thing, the man is the one, alas months into the marriage she was so batherd that she lost her pregnancy, the man got her sister pregnant and left home to live with a widow
Firts I will like us to define an idol the Oxford dictionary defines an idol as" a person or an object that is greatly admired, worshiped or revered" in this context its safe to say that many people today has erected several idols in thier minds using imagination as a raw material, phones, money, spouses and ego, they have already done the inquiry, gotten the answers already in thier imaginations and this constituted to idol in the mind, and now the answer to this sisters question is clearly written in (Ezekiel, 14 :3-4)
3. Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be inquired of at all by them? (question)
4. Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the LORD will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols
My God!!!! I know you weren't expecting this right?.. See each time you already done the deed In Your mind, slept with him or her and you come to the lord to inquire my dear I put it to you that you will get the answer the lord gave ahab and joesephat in 1st king 22..untill micaiah came and inquired of the lord what the mind of God was not the idols in the mind of the 2kings..this was the reason the lord asked us to deligently guide our minds in the book of provbs and instructed us in 2nd Corinthians 2:10
Always Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;(2 Corinthians, 10)
"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." (Romans, 12:2)
The science of epigenetics has shown that our dispositions, bad habits, anxiety, and hatred of cats can impact our kids even before they are conceived, the mind is so strong that we can project healing and support to one another (placebo effect)
Psalm 46:10 says, “Be still and know that I am God.” The powerful effects of prayer and meditation have been well documented in recent years, again confirming what Christians should already know.
Whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things.(Philippians 4:cool
May the grace of our lord Jesus comfort us, stay safe

(1) (Reply)

Ecclesia; The Issue With Carnality / I Love You / Odm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.