Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement (1297 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Npower Volunteers To Be Exited Into Community Police / FG May Retain Npower Volunteers / We Will Prosecute And Deduct N90,000 From All Npower Volunteers That Do This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement by Digitalfinga: 11:47am On Jun 21, 2020
OPEN LETTER TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY :

DISENGAGING NPOWER BENEFICIARIES WILL NOT SOLVE THE ISSUE OF UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE COUNTRY .GIVE THEM PERMANENCY IN BATCHES .

moneke Leonard .

I have written considerably within my very own conscience on this piece,a judgement from the policy of what should be and how it oath to be in fairness and equity for the justice towards these frustrated Npower beneficiaries .

In 2013 during the 7th Assembly if I am not mistaken ,
That should approximately be during the former president Jonathan Obele's adminstration when to there was a casualty which hit hard on human conscience as a result of mass stampeding during the Nigeria Immigration service Examination excercise Nationwide which took the lives of many innocent Nigeria youths be.

That very day I begin to respect the Nigeria government as a government of human Administrative conscience, haven called on the relatives of the victims as they were given a replacement slots and affected families were compasated as well .
That single act was not achieved by just the president then ,but was a collective effort of that Administration .

During the late former president Yar-Adua ,a committee was set up on the fight towards ending insurgence and militancy in Niger Delta precisely .on a good number of time chiefs ,youths and grassroot leaders were all consulted to borrow ideas on solving the issue of insecurity and that achievement was very fast in realising it's goals through sincere dedication and commitment by both the presidency and the members of the National Assembly which was what lead to what we now have in the country as the National Amnesty program which has been so far successful in terms of realising it's aims and purpose in the country and that was an act and an excellent idea of some political technocrats in the National Assembly who deemed it right as a means to end militancy and kidnapping .

This Amnesty program and initiative took many militant abroad for studies and training and that cost the Government so much yet they never complained.
The program cost the government billions of Naira to train these militant group abroad and today program or perhaps should I say initiative is progressing as we are still using it on today's Boko Haram repentants.

The Nigeria civil defence corps ,NDLEA ,NAFDAC ,EFCC,NDDC etc all gained approval by past Administrations just for job creation in order to end unemployment in the country.

Infact let me say every Ministry,Agencies and bodies are the creation of one administration or the other in the past which was created to tackle one problem or the other but it's being enjoyed by everyone in the country.

If we keep rejecting bills that will ordinarily solve Nigeria problem then we are just nothing but the makers of these rising problems .

The previous administration also mapped out plans to eradicate poverty and reduce the high level of unemployment in the Nation ,through it's own style of youth empowerment program known as SURE-P.

The said sure-p did not see the light of the day to realise it's objective as it was immediately beaten down and scabbed by the new leadership, since it was considered a consuming hippopotamus and a waste of Nations resources.

This led to a new born program , conceived and perceived to be a world class Job reduction program (JRP) adpoted by the 8th Assembly in the fight against unemployment in the country and was tagged N-POWER.

this leadership gained its first phases of praises from these program withing the globe as how the Nigeria Government successful employed 500.000 Nigeria from the street that Nigeria's unemployment level became much more relaxed .

At first the program came to Nigerians with bigger hope for these innocent Unemployed youths, as many homes were brought out of poverty in a mass number as it gained international Administrative appraisal.

Even though the pay was less but at least it was able to keep ones mind out of crime and can enable one to pay his bills so with that the issue of unemployment was half solved .

Just like Corona we are in the fight on eradicating poverty and empowering youths through a life changing means which is one of Nigeria problem .
If we put interest on ending corruption,poverty and unemployment the way we are putting on the fight to end covid19 I believe we will be better than the way we are today .

Fine these youths were initially told the job duration was a just 2 years contract which made many applied hoping before then they will have something better doing .

In a time when these innocent youths have made up their minds to leave in 2018 which marks the end of the program ,there was promise which came to them through the Country's adviser on social media (Mr Afolabi )
According to Mr Afolabi in a statement and I quote "your permanency is in your hand as you vote wisely ".

This brought a new hope to this beneficiaries as they dumped other opportunities to grab a government job as promised by the APC led Administration.

The subsequent year wasn't a blanked one too as almost all Nation's popular Newspapers carried it as headlines that Npowers beneficiaries were to be transited into a new National community police and this again made so many beneficiaries lost interest on other jobs ,hoping to the Government will keep their part of the promises made during the campaign.

Why I my bringing up this topics ?

I am deeply dissapointed haven read through National papers that the Federal Government disengages 2016 and 2017 beneficiaries whom has contributed so much on our education and health sector into a mere enterprenuers scheme .

I mean I know there are still good leaders our there ,some of you were a one time Governor so you know better .

The former Rivers State Governor,now a minister for Transport once employed massively in Rivers State and today his name is round the walls ringing bell.

If the former president Jonathan's led Administration didn't do anything I won't be mentioning his name at all.

This is about National building and Economy so I want you all as the leaders we have to consider the plight of these youths .

I want the National Assemble to know that if these youths are sent back ,then they have been denied a better future after graduation as many of these youths have grown beyond employability age in the civil service commission.

How can we boldly say we have reduced unemployment when we have just offloaded 500.000 youths in selection of another 500.000 youths which will be given same dumping treatment in a short-term?

I mean it's a simple mathematics.we have only successfully destroyed lives of some 500.000 innocent Nigeria youths the moment we send them back to the street,therefore adding more to our problems .

Most of these youths became dependants to their #30.000 stipends and now have families and homes they take care of.
I am appealing with the National Assembly to intervene on this issue as to demonstrate their representative status for their respective constituencies .

As the people representatives that you are,I urge you all to defend these youths into permanency .
Let us solve a problem before creating another .engaging a new set of youths without gainfully engaging the 2016 and 2017 is just like another NYSC program and a total waste of funds.

We need your help .

3 Likes

Re: Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement by Hybbee(m): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
the scheme is for 24months, you were allowed to overstayed yet you are still complaining. remember its meant to empower not a permanent job, Oga move let others benefits.....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement by sammirano: 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2020
shocked
Re: Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement by templar123: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
This is no ponzi or any useless pyramid scheme.. Lol so chill I'm not here to sell you any drugs.

Normally i don't post anything about business here i just help out NYSC Corp members.
I'm in the ICT unit. But this is not about nysc.

I'm talking about Google adsense and how you can make cool money through watching little videos. Real money.

For people that don't know what it is,

Google AdSense is a program run by Google through which website publishers in the Google Network of content sites serve text, images, video, or interactive media advertisements that are targeted to the site content and audience. These advertisements are administered, sorted, and maintained by Google.

There's a site that let's you earn money as much as 12 dollars per few minutes video..

Cease the opportunity instead of wasting your data..
You can make up to 100 UDS in a day or even more. Give it a trial, you have nothing to lose.. It's totally free.. Thank me later
Here's the link.
https://aypvideon.club/539261692669243/
Re: Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement by snitchbitch: 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2020
Don't rely on government. Government is not reliable. Even if it is pure water that you are selling its better than relying on govt. Because govt will always come and go. What you do will will remain.
Re: Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement by African26(m): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement by Danurch: 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
You really need to go back to school to understand the message this guy is trying to pass across. That is why you failed all your exams.
Re: Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement by LadySarah: 10:26pm On Jun 21, 2020
Is it a Buhari that will read it? grin grin grin

If not that it is our collective future, I remember when they were rallying and supporting HIM because of their stipends.

You were used as a pawn and the programme as a bait.

It's time for others to enjoy the national cake.

1 Like

Re: Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement by African26(m): 10:49pm On Jun 21, 2020
Re: Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement by neoclassical: 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
I feel their pain honestly, because things are rough now. Left for me, this is not the right time to disengage them due to the Lockdown and it's attendant high cost of living.
However, I remember registering my younger sister in 2018 i.e batch B, and it was clearly stated that it is a two year programme. Now Batch A members have stayed close to 3 years.
If you want them to extend it, don't do it as if it is your right. Your time is up and you were told before you applied.
It's like a Corps member refusing to pass out after one year mandatory service, whereas he knew abnitio that the programme lasts for one year.
Let others benefit like you to ensure income redistribution.

2 Likes

Re: Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement by Danurch: 3:45am On Jun 22, 2020
My brother you are really God-sent. Good people like you are few. God will bless you. I copied the link you provided and logged on to the site= But there are certain things I don't understand there..please for further clarity, can I get your phone number, even if it's your whatsapp number please.
Templar123 post=90913689]This is no ponzi or any useless pyramid scheme.. Lol so chill I'm not here to sell you any drugs.

Normally i don't post anything about business here i just help out NYSC Corp members.

I'm talking about Google adsense and how you can make cool money through watching little videos. Real money.

Google AdSense is a program run by Google through which website publishers in the Google Network of content sites serve text, images, video, or interactive media advertisements that are targeted to the site content and audience. These advertisements are administered, sorted, and maintained by Google.

There's a site that let's you earn money as much as 12 dollars per few minutes video..

You can make up to 100 UDS in a day or even more. Give it a trial, you have nothing to lose.. It's totally free.. Thank me later
Here's the link.
https://aypvideon.club/539261692669243/[/quote]
Re: Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement by Danurch: 3:50am On Jun 22, 2020
templar123:
This is no ponzi or any useless pyramid scheme.. Lol so chill I'm not here to sell you any drugs.

Here's the link.
https://aypvideon.club/539261692669243/

My brother you are really God-sent. Good people like you are few. God will bless you. I copied the link you provided and logged on to the site= But there are certain things I don't understand there..please for further clarity, can I get your phone number, even if it's your whatsapp number please. Please an sorry for asking for too much. My no is= 08063939694. Thank you.
Re: Npower Volunteers Writes National Assembly On Disengagement by SocialJustice: 7:01am On Jun 22, 2020
It is not only national assembly you will write to, you will also write to UN and USA. Pack your things and leave for others to come in.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Npower Payment Issues, Causes And How To Fix Npower Payment Issues / Got A Job. / Armed Forces Short Service Commisioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.