Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,571 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m (1473 Views)

National Unity Forum Prays For President Tinubu, INEC Chairman / PDP Chieftains, Groups Give Akeredolu 72 Hours To Transmit Power To Deputy / Groups Present N22.5m To Akeredolu For Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by chinedumc91: 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
By Osagie Otabor, Akure

Members of the Unity Forum of the Ondo State All Progressives Congress (APC) and 28 support groups have given Chief Olusola Oke N22.5m to enable him purchase nomination and expression of interest forms of the APC.

Oke was last month named consensus aspirant of the Unity Forum but other nine aspirants refused to step down from the race.

Presenting the cheque to Oke at Akure, Ondo State capital, former Deputy Governor and leader of the Unity Forum, Alhaji Ali Olanusi, said they decided to make direct financial contribution to the electioneering expenses of their flag bearer to promote a sense of belonging by all party members.

Olanusi noted that the contribution would remove the toga of winner takes all from the Governor when elected.

He said the display of political maturity and decorum by Oke was an assurance that Ondo State would break away from despondency and nepotism when he becomes governor.

The former Deputy Governor called on all members of the Unity Forum to brace up for the direct primary mode of election on July 20, 2020.

He urged the APC national leadership to organise a credible and transparent primary so that the most popular candidate emerged.

Oke, who thanked the forum for the support fund, said Ondo needed a new leadership to give the people hope.

Oke stated that the people were hungry and angry with the Akeredolu’s administration.

He said the party’s experience at the 2019 general elections where it lost two senatorial seats and five House of Representatives seats showed that something urgent needed to be done to change the present leadership.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ondo-2020-unity-forum-groups-give-oke-n22-5m/
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Georgry(m): 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2020
grin
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Johnnyessence(m): 1:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
no hope for Aketi.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
If Oke fails this time, then it is over
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Dansuqi: 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
EastGold:
If Oke fails this time, then it is over

He still has hope.power will return to ondo south in 2024.I will advise oke to be running made to aketi
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

He still has hope.power will return to ondo south in 2024.I will advise oke to be running made to aketi
Can he be trusted to be running mate
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Dansuqi: 4:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
EastGold:

I don't know but it is the best choice for aketi...
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

I don't know but it is the best choice for aketi...

I disagree with you bro. Oke is ambitious and it is dangerous for such a person to deputise you
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Dansuqi: 6:34pm On Jun 21, 2020
EastGold:

I disagree with you bro. Oke is ambitious and it is dangerous for such a person to deputise you

What can he do? Highest he will collect party structure ahead of 2024 like umahi did in 2015
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

What can he do? Highest he will collect party structure ahead of 2024 like umahi did in 2015
Didn't you see that as dangerous
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Dansuqi: 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
EastGold:

What other choices does aketi have
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

What other choices does aketi have
It is like he will pick Oladunni Odu or Otito Atikase
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Epistasis(m): 12:43am On Jun 22, 2020
EastGold:

Probably Otito because of the voting strength of Ilaje LGA

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by DEmejioba1: 1:03am On Jun 22, 2020
EastGold:

is there any crime in having political interest government?

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Dansuqi: 1:37am On Jun 22, 2020
EastGold:

Who are they? Where are they from? What is their political strength?
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 22, 2020
Dansuqi:

Who are they? Where are they from? What is their political strength?

grin
Now I can confidently say that you are not from Ondo State.

If you are, you won't ask those questions
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 22, 2020
DEmejioba1:
is there any crime in having political interest government?

I bet you won't allow an ambitious man to deputise you
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 22, 2020
Epistasis:

Probably Otito because of the voting strength of Ilaje LGA

Yes, you sabi person unlike Dasuqi
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by helinues: 6:51am On Jun 22, 2020
Oke na customer daada ni
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by vikithor(m): 7:34am On Jun 22, 2020
If you can't drive confidently,shhhhhh don't be ashamed,just raise a finger up as you come forward.
Usher: what's your name and digits,sir
Man:my name na Isa,my telepone numba na zero eight zero three zero.......
Usher:OK Mr Isa,why haven't known or learn how to drive?
Man: Walahi na pear,I dey pear well well,I no wan jam Dangote trailer or make carterpillar jam me
Usher:We can teach you how to drive,Isa,you will.know how to drive very well.
Isa: (smiles) walahi I wan sabi am,na goo dey,yowahh
Learn how to drive manual or automatic cars,learn basic vehicle checks,call or whatsapp us with numbers below
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by babyfaceafrica: 8:11am On Jun 22, 2020
EastGold:

Sanwó-olú picked Femi hamzat as deputy má.. The same hamzat that contested primary with ambode during his first tenure. Anything is possible but na sense. But I know aketi won't pick òkè because he himself wants to be godfather for Ondo.. And having òkè as deputy won't make that possible.. By the way we haven't heard from Segun Abraham?....is he supporting aketi?
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Dansuqi: 8:54am On Jun 22, 2020
EastGold:

grin
Now I can confidently say that you are not from Ondo State.

If you are, you won't ask those questions

Am not but it doesn't men I don't know some politic history of ondo
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by TheSaxophonist: 9:05am On Jun 22, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Sanwó-olú picked Femi hamzat as deputy má.. The same hamzat that contested primary with ambode during his first tenure. Anything is possible but na sense. But I know aketi won't pick òkè because he himself wants to be godfather for Ondo.. And having òkè as deputy won't make that possible.. By the way we haven't heard from Segun Abraham?....is he supporting aketi?
Sanwoolu did not pick any Hamzat. Tinubu handpicked Sanwoolu and Hamzat by himself. Politics in Lagos starts and ends at Bourdilon road.
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 22, 2020
Dansuqi:

Am not but it doesn't men I don't know some politic history of ondo

Okay
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Different scenarios, did Hamzat contest against Sanwo
Re: Ondo 2020: Unity Forum, Groups Give Oke N22.5m by babyfaceafrica: 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
EastGold:

Different scenarios, did Hamzat contest against Sanwo
Okay.. What's up with Abraham?

(1) (Reply)

Abiola Ajimobi: Here's Why He Died / Slapping Akpabio With Sounds As ‘tas’ or 'tau' Takes Courage- Shehu Sani / Flashback: INEC Does Not Have Power to Disqualify Candidates, Says Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.