Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Have You Ever Being Arrested For Helping Your Immediate Boss At Work? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Being Arrested For Helping Your Immediate Boss At Work? (408 Views)

Madam On Her Knees After Being Arrested For Brutalising Housemaid In Lagos. PICS / "How I Killed Onise Ismail, My Boss At CITEC Estate Abuja" - Security Man / Suspects Smile For The Camera After Being Arrested For N7m Fraud. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Being Arrested For Helping Your Immediate Boss At Work? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
Do you know you can be arrested for helping your immediate boss perform a task at work? Have you or your friend ever been arrested as an accessory before or after the fact?

Let's hear your story and how you got out?

In late 2016, a friend was arrested for a criminal offence he supposedly knew nothing about. I was tempted to believe him because he had no reason to lie and this became obvious when we took over the case in 2017.

What was the allegation against him?

He was arrested for obeying an order from his immediate boss to help install a pre-paid meter for a client residing somewhere in Ajah.

His boss informed him that the colleague that ought to undertake the task had called in sick that morning. He went home the previous day with the manifest and the client, being a friend was on his neck, and he needs to do him this urgent favour.
My friend proceeded to install the pre-paid meter, after all, it was his immediate Oga that sent him, and Oga can never be wrong since it was an official assignment.

A few months later, he was summoned into the HR's office and was issued a sack letter. A police team was asked to whisk him away.

A week later, he charged to court along 7 others including his immediate boss. Guess what? They all lost their job.

It turned out that the police arrested and charge him for stealing, conspiracy to commit stealing, amongst other offences.

He was finally discharged and acquited in 2019 as the police could not prove the allegation against him. We are still trying to get him reinstated and get all his accrued salaries and allowances paid till date.

Investigation revealed that his immediate boss in active connivance with some members of staff has been in the business of pre-paid meter racketeering and my friend knew nothing about it.

All he did was obey his immediate boss's instruction to perform a harmless task for which he was employed to perform anyway.
Have you ever faced a similar situation, how did you get out? Let's hear your story.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Being Arrested For Helping Your Immediate Boss At Work? by NettyNelly(m): 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
Sad story in your post. But one thing that is certain is that no matter what happens always do the right thing because Good Will always overcome evil no matter how long it will take. Don't stop doing good because it seems there's is no positive results, keep doing it, one day, surely one day, you will be glad you didn't stop doing the right thing. You might be interested in this thing in my signature.
Re: Have You Ever Being Arrested For Helping Your Immediate Boss At Work? by sirjoggy(m): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2020
shocked
Re: Have You Ever Being Arrested For Helping Your Immediate Boss At Work? by iornenge81(m): 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
I am coming I have a story to tell
Re: Have You Ever Being Arrested For Helping Your Immediate Boss At Work? by Mayng01(m): 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
This one big o. I doubt you can find such here cos this is a rare situation
Re: Have You Ever Being Arrested For Helping Your Immediate Boss At Work? by Vyzz: 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
shocked
Re: Have You Ever Being Arrested For Helping Your Immediate Boss At Work? by RedPhoenix: 11:42am On Jun 22, 2020
What a sad tale. Blood of Jesus
Re: Have You Ever Being Arrested For Helping Your Immediate Boss At Work? by StubbornGENIUS: 11:46am On Jun 22, 2020
Who else is here to read stories? grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Being Arrested For Helping Your Immediate Boss At Work? by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 30, 2021
Sometimes, some things will happen that will get you thinking I have to do something about this my good heart. This was one case that almost got me crying. People of this world are wicked, walai.

Bros! Why you talk so? Just wait fess, I dey come nack you this story of what actually happened.
Re: Have You Ever Being Arrested For Helping Your Immediate Boss At Work? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:54am On Jan 30, 2021
shocked

This life ain't funny one bit..

If you are too obedient to a course, people will tag you a weakling and it .ay likely put you into trouble for being too loyal..

Some times, it's very necessary to question some of your boss's decisions....

(1) (Reply)

Woodbery's Story Is On Newyork Times / A Two-year-old Girl Has Been Raped In A Covid Isolation Ward In South Africa / 44-year-old Man Rapes Underage Girl With Special Needs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.